4. today
5. mikexcelsior
6. unable to connect to server. "cannot connect to server" error comes up

iOS mountain lion
google chrome
tried in safari
today
Infecto
"The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later" comes every time i try to put in my user name..

1. Debian
  2. Firefox
  3. No, but Firefox usually works
  4. Monday, October 21, 2013, 10:30 AM
  5. unregistered random usernames
  6. "The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later"
I may have logged on too quickly. I am at a library, if that matters. (the hyperlink is an IP lookup of the library's IP address and it shows that it's a library under the "Organization" info)

I tried registering on the Showdown site to post there but there was no link.

1. Debian
  2. Firefox
  3. No, but Firefox usually works
  4. Monday, October 21, 2013, 10:30 AM
  5. unregistered random usernames
  6. "The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later"
I may have logged on too quickly. I am at a library, if that matters. (the hyperlink is an IP lookup of the library's IP address and it shows that it's a library under the "Organization" info)

I tried registering on the Showdown site to post there but there was no link.

Exact same problem except I'm on google chrome as i posted above

1. Mac OS X (Version 10.6.8)
2. Safari (not sure what version ._.)
3. Tried Google Chrome as well, same thing.
4. About 10 am my time...?
5. SentienceUnbound (EDIT: I don't actually believe I'm registered, since I always have to choose my name before I can join in.)
6. "The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later."

Basically what these people have been having.

Last edited:
Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Mac OS X (Version 10.7.5)
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Safari and Firefox had the same problem
  4. Yesterday after the server restart.
  5. Unregistered. I went under the username Nikx232 and was going to register.
  6. I try to put in a username but I get the same message as the guys above. "The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later."

1. Windows 8
  2. Google chrome
  3. No, sorry.
  4. this morning, around 13 (+1h. Madrid)
  5. Unregistered.
  6. Like the guys above: "The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later".

• Windows 7 (64 bit)
  • Google Chrome
  • I have tried Firefox, Internet Explorer, and I have also tried the downloaded desktop version.
  • Roughly 10 hours ago.
  • Don't have one. (explained in problem)
  • My problem is that I cannot 'register' or Create a name. When I do, the message "The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later". No matter if I wait like I have been doing, or continuously click the 'Choose name' button like I had done a couple times, nothing seems to work. I have left and come back on several occasions for over half an entire day now and I haven't been able to 'register' for this game. No matter how long I wait, I am still not able to Choose name.

1. Windows 7
2. Google Chrome
3. I've got no other browsers downloaded, but I did try the downloaded version.
4. About a day ago.
5. Don't have one.
6. Same as the posters above, I try to create a name and it just says, "The login server is experiencing trouble, try again later." I don't know what it could be, I can see other people online and spectate battles, read chatrooms, etc. At first I waited overnight to see if it was fixed but it wasn't, and I'm still getting the same message now.

1. windows 7
  2. mozilla firefox
  3. google chrome
  4. last night when i downloaded pokemon showdown. it wont work with the browser now too
  5. justin bjorling
  6. The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later.

the only way to play if you're having the problem that the posters above me have is to copy/paste the guest no (by clicking the little gear)and then enter it as your chosen name...otherwise 'The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later.' appears...no idea why..

1. Windows 8
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Pale Moon, Internet Explorer
  4. Yesterday
  5. Unregistered, I use GMTEL as my username.
  6. Same as the posters above, I try to create a name and it just says, "The login server is experiencing trouble, try again later." I don't know what it could be, I can see other people online and spectate battles, read chatrooms, etc. At first I waited overnight to see if it was fixed but it wasn't, and I'm still getting the same message now.

the only way to play if you're having the problem that the posters above me have is to copy/paste the guest no (by clicking the little gear)and then enter it as your chosen name...otherwise 'The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later.' appears...no idea why..
Infecto is right. The only way to play the game is to copy / paste your guest username into the log in box and you can battle. But you can't talk to anyone and your ladder won't save until you register. I didn't register because I don't want to be called guest. oh well, I'll come back next week and see if they fix it.

The login server is experiencing trouble, try again later
what i need to to play ???
i play this game since 2012 and now i hav problems ..

windows XP
firefox,spark,chrome
but i download the game too..

Shadow Passos

1. Windows 7
  2. Firefox
  3. Chrome
  4. Yesterday
  5. Barbz
  6. Same as above posters, enter my PS name (not registered) and get "The login server is experiencing trouble, try again later."

1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Windows Explorer; yes. I've also downloaded the program; also the same problem.
4. Today
5. I tried signing up but neither the direct [choose name:] or via settings [cog] all gave me the same problem;so no username yet.
6. Not letting me choose a username. First time user btw.
error message:
"The login server is experiencing trouble; please try again later."

1. Windows 7
2. Firefox
3. Google Chrome
4. Today
5. (none)
6. So I tried to register onto PS as Cold Fusion, my username here. I got the message "The name you chose is registered," and I don't remember ever registering onto PS. Then I came to the obvious conclusion that someone may have already taken that name. Except, according to this http://pokemonshowdown.com/forums/m...d=baa7f9fbf88797bec9786be933c68115&start=2075 and this http://pokemonshowdown.com/forums/m...archuser&sid=9aed97490ab71b8b769ebc5b120acba9 Cold Fusion itself is not taken, but coldfusion1 is.

Help?

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
1. Windows 7
2. Firefox
3. Google Chrome
4. Today
5. (none)
6. So I tried to register onto PS as Cold Fusion, my username here. I got the message "The name you chose is registered," and I don't remember ever registering onto PS. Then I came to the obvious conclusion that someone may have already taken that name. Except, according to this http://pokemonshowdown.com/forums/m...d=baa7f9fbf88797bec9786be933c68115&start=2075 and this http://pokemonshowdown.com/forums/m...archuser&sid=9aed97490ab71b8b769ebc5b120acba9 Cold Fusion itself is not taken, but coldfusion1 is.

Help?
I dont know for usre but i am going to guess the forum user list only lists users who have ever logged into the forum, so user "Cold Fusion" most likely has never used the forums and so doesnt turn up on those lists.

However PS does have a record of Cold Fusion being registered:

13:15 MJB: !psreg cold fusion

13:15 TIBot: Cold Fusion was registered on Aug 17, 2013.

1. Windows 7
2. Torch (Chrome)
3. Chrome
4. Last two hours
5. Chaldar
6. I tried to access the site on Torch and Chrome, but I have a DNS error each time so I can't connect. It isn't my firewall nor my antivirus, and I can access all the sites but pokemonshowdown.com and all the other servers.
Thanks for the reply

**EDIT** Fixed itself... I don't know how. sorry for bothering

Last edited:
  1. Window's 7 Home Premium
  2. Internet Explorer 10 (still worked last week, I know it sucks)
  3. Yes, Safari 5.1.7. for Windows (which is supported)
  4. About half an hour ago; 4:30 PM EST
  5. VolugOfHatari
  6. I brought up the site from my favorites and waited for the server to connect. It sends up an error message of "Could not connect to server!" and asks me to retry or cancel. I retry, it still doesn't work. I try it on Safari, still no good. Checked that the server is up, it is. Checked via HTTP, nada. Tried restarting my comp and trying again, still nothing. My internet connection is working for every other site, and on my phone. It's not my firewall either.

Last edited:
1. Mac OS 10.8.4
2. Safari version 6.0.5
3. Nope.avi
4. Trying to right now
5. Aquasition
6. I bring up the site, and get the error message "Cannot connect to server". I get the message when I open the app too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)