Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1.Operating system Windows 7
2.(Web Browser) internet explorer
3.(Other Browsers?) none
4.(When did this problem start?) yesterday
5.(PS username) swagLax12
6.(Problem) I was on showdown yesterday and my PC crashed and when I got back on it said restore data from last session and I didn't think mush about it but everything got reset like my avatar and background which is fine but all my teams got reset and I'm wondering if some how you could access them because I have been on showdown for 2 years now and those teams have taken a lot of work make, thanks for help in advance.
Teams are stored in browser cookies, and unfortunately, cannot be restored once deleted. To my knowledge, it can't be done without doing things like system restore, though I might be wrong on that.

Regardless, there is no option for PS to help to restore your teams. They are stored purely on the user side.

Teams are stored in browser cookies, and unfortunately, cannot be restored once deleted. To my knowledge, it can't be done without doing things like system restore, though I might be wrong on that.

Regardless, there is no option for PS to help to restore your teams. They are stored purely on the user side.
okay thank you for the answer I will be backing up my teams from now on

1. Windows 10
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Tried on Microsoft Edge as well, same problem occurred
  4. Problem started a few days ago (probably Wednesday or Thursday)
  5. Listyguy
  6. Every time I go onto the showdown website, I get a "couldn't connect to server!" message.

1. Windows 10
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Tried on Microsoft Edge as well, same problem occurred
  4. Problem started a few days ago (probably Wednesday or Thursday)
  5. Listyguy
  6. Every time I go onto the showdown website, I get a "couldn't connect to server!" message.
I can confirm. I did more testing -- it only happens on certain WiFi networks. In particular, PokemonShowdown is unavailable in all university WiFi networks at MIT (it gets stuck at the "Connecting ..." stage, after the interface is mostly loaded); I tried the internet at a local grocery store and it works fine.

Hope it can be resolved soon! :heart:

• Any operating system (Mac, Linux, Android, iOS)
  • Almost every well-known web browser available in the above platforms.
  • Problem started a few days ago (Wednesday or Thursday).
  • laqq3
  • A "couldn't connect to server!" message

I can confirm. I did more testing -- it only happens on certain WiFi networks. In particular, PokemonShowdown is unavailable in all university WiFi networks at MIT (it gets stuck at the "Connecting ..." stage, after the interface is mostly loaded); I tried the internet at a local grocery store and it works fine.

Hope it can be resolved soon! :heart:

• Any operating system (Mac, Linux, Android, iOS)
  • Almost every well-known web browser available in the above platforms.
  • Problem started a few days ago (Wednesday or Thursday).
  • laqq3
  • A "couldn't connect to server!" message
As of my writing this, I can get onto showdown using MIT wifi again.

1: Windows 10
2: Google Chrome
3: Yes I have tried Internet Explorer and Firefox
4: When I first heard about it and wanted to try it out. A week ago
5: Archiboss
6: "You have been disconnected- possibly because the server was restarted." And it does not reconnect when I press the button.

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
  1. Yosemite OS X
  2. Safari
  3. Chrome works
  4. Today, although I have frequently experienced the problem at a lesser magnitude for a week or two
  5. FlamingVictini
  6. Basically I get disconnected frequently (usually the problem is only persistent on the main server), and recently I just couldn't connect at all as every time I tried to reconnect, i would get disconnected immediately (using https did not work consistently)

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
  1. Windows 8 (laptop) Windows 10 (desktop)
  2. Google Chrome
  3. I've tried firefox
  4. last week
  5. Eternally
  6. Constant disconnections throughout the day with both the main server, smogtours server and forums. (other servers such as "Random Other Metagames" work fine), I'm usually greeted with lag and a "You have been disconnected- possibly because the server was restarted." message or a "Could not connect to the server message". I know its not an issue with my internet because its literally just the main PS Server and the forums.

1. Windows 8 (laptop) Windows 10 (desktop)
  2. Google Chrome
  3. I've tried firefox
  4. last week
  5. Eternally
  6. Constant disconnections throughout the day with both the main server, smogtours server and forums. (other servers such as "Random Other Metagames" work fine), I'm usually greeted with lag and a "You have been disconnected- possibly because the server was restarted." message or a "Could not connect to the server message". I know its not an issue with my internet because its literally just the main PS Server and the forums.
I'm having the same issue
1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Tried Fox and IE
4. Last night (27-Oct early morning)
5. Eternally
6. Couldn't connect to severs message. I've wiped my history, changed my DNS, done a DNS flush, contacted my isp. Literally tried everything. I do showdown lives on Youtube and this is very important to me. Glad to know my ip address is probably not banned. .

1. Windows 7
2. Google Chrome
3. Tried on Firefox and on both my laptop and desktop, also tried whitelisting PS on Kaspersky
4. Last night
5. stayinn' alive (I have others, but stayinn' alive is my newest one)
6. I cannot access PS, whenever I try this screen shows up, using this website it tells me that it's only down for me.
Edit: It fixed itself just now, not sure how, but I'm afraid it would happen again.

Last edited:

TC

Banned deucer.
im sing windows 10 and Google Chrome, my problem started like months ago and i already tried login on https and other Browsers, the thing is that everytime i log on showdown ALWAYS disconect me after like 2-5 mins, the only time the server doesnt disconects me its when its too late like 1 am on gmt-4, idk what to do to solve this zzzz

1. Windows 7
2. Firefox
3. Tried on IE
4. since 1 week
5. Hermes2000
6. I cannot connect to PS. Everytime i try to connect there is the message "PS is under heavy load and cannot acommodate your connection right now." Afterwards it says "You have been diconnected - possilby because the server was restarted."
Playing PS on my Android using my flatrate works well. Also playing on my smartphone while connected to the Wlan in my girlfriends house works pretty well.

Please help.

1. Windows 8
  2. Chrome Vers. 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit)
  3. I've tried Maxthon (the one that comes by default). Problem persists.
  4. When did this problem start? 2 days ago.
  5. Street Sect
  6. The page won't stop loading. Can't see the forums, and everytime I try to log in, no box pops up at all, like if I hadn't clicked.

I'm attaching a screenshot.

Please, help :( pleeeease!

Attachments

Mine does the same, I'm also on Windows 10
im sing windows 10 and Google Chrome, my problem started like months ago and i already tried login on https and other Browsers, the thing is that everytime i log on showdown ALWAYS disconect me after like 2-5 mins, the only time the server doesnt disconects me its when its too late like 1 am on gmt-4, idk what to do to solve this zzzz

1. Mac
  2. Safari 10.0.1
  3. Tried Google Chrome, results were exact same.
  4. No idea when it started, but I noticed only today.
  5. Anna says hi
  6. Whenever I try to access certain servers, I get the standard "Couldn't connect to server!" dialog. These servers are consistently unable to be accessed by me(fortunately, main is not one of them). Note that all the servers I successfully accessed were servers that didn't have the option to play on gen 7, so that may have something to do with it.

1. Windows 8
2. Google Chrome
3. Tried Firefox, get the exact same result
4. OriolesFan52
5. Every time i try to connect to the server it says "Could Not Connect". I know it isnt my internet because my brother can connect on his computer buy i cant on mine. I can connect to servers like ROM and DragonHeaven just not main.

Windows 10
Google chrome
Android apk and internet explorer
Maxwellius
Every time I try to connect to the main server with my WLAN, the server says "Ps is under heavy load and cannot accomodate your connection right now".Exactly as Hermes, I can play on my phone using my phone
connection very well.
Can it be an Ip ban error? Please help !

1. Windows 8
  2. Most recent Mozilla Firefox
  3. Also tried on most recent version of Google Chrome, problem also occurred there
  4. Two weeks ago
  5. foxx3424
  6. When I'm home, I experience frequent disconnects to the PS server (every 5-10 minutes). I use a wireless internet connection, but during these disconnects, I am still connected to my wifi and am able to use all other online services normally. This problem doesn't happen when I play on PS on the wifi at my university.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Mac
  2. Chrome (The newest Version)
  3. Yes, on safari, and it still didnt work.
  4. One day ago (November 27)
  5. scraggasaur
  6. Hey, so Pokemon Showdown was working fine, until I closed the tab, then opened it back up later and it said it couldn't connect to the server, even though it was working fine before. Whats up?

Hi there,

So over the past two days, a pop-up keeps appearing that asks if I want to restart showdown. If I hit accept, it shows an error message and I have to reopen showdown. It starts normally, and I can resume my battles but its annoying. It appears once every 2-3 turns. The game keeps thinking Im asking to forfeit the game when I dont want to. My connection is fine (it has been for the past 4 months). Any suggestions?
Edit: It keeps asking if I want to reload the page

1. Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1)
  2. Google Chrome ver 54.0.2840.99 m (64 bit)
  3. I've tried Firefox ver 50.0 and Android Chrome + Firefox; problem persists
  4. As far as I know the problem began sometime between yesterday and today
  5. Username in question: Snorlax
  6. When I try to log into my account "Snorlax," I get an error saying "Your account is disabled." I don't think the account is banned, as I am able to log in to my alternate accounts without problem and do not recall receiving a ban for anything. My best guess is that someone has tried to claim the username (which I'm also not sure about, as I have a lot of ladder activity on it viewable through /rank). What should I do to correct this problem?

Since about a day or two ago (I'm guessing with the latest update) I haven't been able to access PS using both 2G and 5G wifi connections on Windows 10 and my Android phone. Keep getting the error message "PS is under heavy load and cannot accomodate your connection right now".

Have tried on:
- the Windows 10 PS app
- Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (Windows 10)
- Opera Version 41.0.2353.69 (Windows 10)
- PS unofficial Android app (version 1.3.2)
- Google Chrome for Android Version 54.0.2840.85

However I have managed to get it to work straight away when using my 4G connection both on my Android phone and whilst using the hotspot from my phone for my laptop, so my guess would be the last update doesn't like my wifi connection. Has worked 100% fine before the other day.

Attachments

• (Operating system) Windows 10
  • (Web Browser) Google Chrome 55.0.2883.87
  • (Other Browsers?) Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Standard Mobile Browser (Galaxy S6 / Samsumg). All at their latest versions.
  • (When did this problem start?) Yesterday (12/18/2016)
  • (PS username) Doesn't seen to matter on my case, but "TheMcBeengs", "Surely NOT an alt" and "Shrek with Lazers" are all the accounts I regulary use
  • (Problem) To put things simply: I keep getting the "PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now." message, and cannot use anything on the site whatsoever. I think that has something to do with me accidentally connect too many times, maybe to an extend as far to the server think that was some type of attack (DDoS, maybe?). What happens is that I got the Showdown App (see thread) and when re-implementing the battles system, something went wrong and the app was firing the WebService like crazy on a loop-for for a while. If that is the case, maybe my address has been banned (who knows), or if isn't, well, I don't have much clues. I'm really sorry if that was the case, wasn't my intention, but I really need to keep working on the app, which is impossible right now.

• (Operating system) Windows 10
  • (Web Browser) Google Chrome 55.0.2883.87
  • (Other Browsers?) Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Standard Mobile Browser (Galaxy S6 / Samsumg). All at their latest versions.
  • (When did this problem start?) Yesterday (12/18/2016)
  • (PS username) Doesn't seen to matter on my case, but "TheMcBeengs", "Surely NOT an alt" and "Shrek with Lazers" are all the accounts I regulary use
  • (Problem) To put things simply: I keep getting the "PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now." message, and cannot use anything on the site whatsoever. I think that has something to do with me accidentally connect too many times, maybe to an extend as far to the server think that was some type of attack (DDoS, maybe?). What happens is that I got the Showdown App (see thread) and when re-implementing the battles system, something went wrong and the app was firing the WebService like crazy on a loop-for for a while. If that is the case, maybe my address has been banned (who knows), or if isn't, well, I don't have much clues. I'm really sorry if that was the case, wasn't my intention, but I really need to keep working on the app, which is impossible right now.
I'm still getting this problem and it's been 2 days now. Antar and Zarel, I'm really, really sorry for bothering you, but this problem is definitively server side. I've tried literally everything: Disable my firewall, install the program and not just using the webpage, run the https link, debbuging the client-side .js, reseting my router and even went as far as replace my wireless card on my computer. The thing is, when going in other homes (note: not new PCs, but new places) or using my 4G, all went fine. What can possibly be?

Hello, about 2 weeks ago I wrote a mod (I forget who) if there is a way to know the password to my old account. I'm registered in 2014 but after two years of inactivity I would start to use SD without changing account, and therefore the nick. As the password recovery?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)