Data Temporary Leaves of Absence

Workload gets crazy this time of year. Call this a soft LOA. Please tag me early and often if it seems I've forgotten something, because I probably have...

Hi everyone, I joined ASB recently as I was curious. Now, I have lost interest in it and I don't want to burden people anymore. I will complete my battles, challenges and reffings before I leave. Thanks for everything. Special thanks to Geodude and Rickheg. Good bye.

Didn't think I would use this while I have any active battles/reffings.

Have fallen ill. Average temperature is 102 Fahrenheit. I will ref as quickly and consistently as I can, as well as order. But if you want a subref and I am over DQ, feel free to do so.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Between mother's illness returning and other commitments, my activity has dropped somewhat. Dropping all reffings immediately, and I'm going to request that if I'm up in any matches please tag me, or send me a conversation, since I've likely missed them.

Yeah, i've been gone. forfeiting steel quals & whatever reffings i'm doing.

This is a notice of severely reduced activity (as noticed by the practically 3 weeks with no logon).

I'll still be here maybe once or twice a week, but don't expect me to be able to carry on in asb. it's lost it's fun for me, as it just became stupidly competitive, rather than something i do for recreation. not to mention i was never good at it to begin with.

I want it to be fun again. I'll probably be doing only raids & RPS from now on, & maybe reffing something occasionally (once in a blue moon). those were the only things other than the beginning that I actually found some pleasure in, but it's just become bl&, boring, & a grind.

If anyone wants to take over gem caves, go ahead. I might try to update it in the near future, but dont fully close it yet. It's a good idea IMO, & ASB would benefit from something like it. A puzzle that is basically about improving your personal score, with a potentially intangible goal in sight, following the logic of 2048 & flappy bird.

Thanks for the great experiences guys. Love you all, & I'll miss you~

~Julianna & Matt

Once again, I'm dropping off the face of Smogon for a little while - I'm going to be out of town starting the 3rd of November, and won't be back for the rest of the week. Maxim, Akela, If I'm still running your respective halls by then, feel free to request a subref. Leet, Arcanite, Rainman, deadfox, my apologies for any delays this may cause.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Studying hard for an exam in three days time so no referee jobs and no managing threads like viability rankings until it is over. I will still be around and probably order though.

Frosty

=_=
got stuck in GODDAMNINFURIATINGSOMEONEKILLME project at least for today, tommorow and maybe friday. Actually it started saturday. Got longer than expected.

I won't be able to do much if anything at all.

Please be patient once more.

ff7hero Geodude6 Zekrom2525 Mowtom birdcrest P2X7 Canis Majoris Gale Wing Srock Rainman Legends Frosty Dogfish44 Avnomke Birkal tavok colourcodedchaos

Midterms, research paper, course planning, friends going through a tough time... I'm still going to be active, but please be lenient with DQ for a little while (probably 2-3 weeks). I'll try to post on time, but don't be surprised to see me 24-48 hours late pretty constantly (although I'll try to stick to DQ in tournament and gym matches more closely)

Alright guys, I have a busy next couple of weeks(until Nov 20th) ahead of me; Exams and an Away Tournament. I would still be able to ref and order from time to time, but I would most probably go over DQ and I request you all to be patient.

Please don't DQ me from the battles that I am in. And in case of reffings: If I don't respond beyond DQ, tag me, and I will be sure to respond with some appropriate action within a couple of days. Thank you.

Frosty

=_=
I will go on mini-vacation from next saturday to next wednesday (back thursday).

Why am I saying it now? Simple: it means that I need to handle all my workload by then (hint: its a lot), so I may not post on DQ during the next week (and won't during vacation itself). I would much rather not be DQ'd if possible. But feel free to get a subref and to DQ me on matches or whatever if you can't/won't wait. Just don't pester me if possible k? luv u all.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
It can't hurt to post this early...

Expect nothing from me at all this weekend, and probably for a day or two after that, as I'm going away and will need to catch up on real life.

Uni makes me post slower. It's more of a "slow activity" post than anything. If I'm over something, remind me and I'll try to get to it ASAP.

Won't be able to post until Tuesday. I may get on IRC on saturday or sunday, so if you need me leave a message there.

I'm sorry if I've been mostly absent these days. I will still be unable to ref/post until Saturday for the most part (except tourney mostly).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)