Tencent Timi to collaborate with The Pokemon Company for new game

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!

Tencent Timi is has strong line ups in both mobile and PC games. However, to audiences of the West, Timi is more famous with mobile games, most notably PUBG mobile and Call of Duty Mobile.

Nevertheless, they did not specify whether this new game would be mobile or PC, whilst most Chinese companies would specify upon announcement.
I'd say probably 90% mobile and 10% PC.

So, I know Tencent for being China's greatest company bordering on monopoly,
but personally I only have experience with AC. QQ and my experiences with the rest of the company are limited, like I know they own Riot games but are notorious for letting them operate on their own, and most of the other gaming franchises I know Tencent operates in south asia it only publishes but are developed in other countries, so I'm kinda of at a loss when it comes to Tencent Timi

Does anyone know the average quality of their own developed games?
are they actually decent like Cygames?
are they only holding on due to past success like DeNA?
do they make mediocre ports like Gameloft?
do they make utterly terrible garbage like King?

I genuinely have no idea what to make of this announcement knowing as little as I know of Tencent Timi
someone care to give some examples of their original IP? because Tencent publishes a lot but I'm unfamiliar with anything originaly developed by them much less this subsidiary

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So, I know Tencent for being China's greatest company bordering on monopoly,
but personally I only have experience with AC. QQ and my experiences with the rest of the company are limited, like I know they own Riot games but are notorious for letting them operate on their own, and most of the other gaming franchises I know Tencent operates in south asia it only publishes but are developed in other countries, so I'm kinda of at a loss when it comes to Tencent Timi

Does anyone know the average quality of their own developed games?
are they actually decent like Cygames?
are they only holding on due to past success like DeNA?
do they make mediocre ports like Gameloft?
do they make utterly terrible garbage like King?

I genuinely have no idea what to make of this announcement knowing as little as I know of Tencent Timi
someone care to give some examples of their original IP? because Tencent publishes a lot but I'm unfamiliar with anything originaly developed by them much less this subsidiary
Timi has a really popular game called Arena of Valor, and fans of this game are the ones who are looking forward to this Pokemon game.
However, the majority of Timi games are rather meh, from what I read.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
With all those Chinese knock-off games (and I think there are some Korean ones too) stealing Pokemon assets I guess The Pokemon Company decided if they can't beat them they might as well play them at their own game.

From what I gleamed off their wikipedia page, they seem to be focused on multiplayer games, notably shooters, battle arena, and battle royals. If I were to make a bet we'd probably get a multiplayer battle arena as Pokemon doesn't fit the style of the other two without them making some major adjustments. However a battle arena I can see: you choose a leader which is a high leveled evolved Pokemon (or maybe even Legendary) and they lead an army of low leveled unevolved Pokemon (the spawn units).

But this is all I'm willing to go into speculation. With nothing else known aside the agreement, it's Tencent's turn now on telling us what they have planned (or Pokemon Company via one of their Press Conferences like they did with Sleep and Masters).

Timi has a really popular game called Arena of Valor, and fans of this game are the ones who are looking forward to this Pokemon game.
However, the majority of Timi games are rather meh, from what I read.
Ah, Okay from that I can tell they make versions of popular games not otherwise available in China
so like Gameloft then

it'll probably be an adaptation of an old Pokemon game designed specifically for China or an international version of popular chinese mobile games
which if 10 year old knowledge of chinese MMOs counts for anything means there'll be multiple fractions, be heavily monetized and probably have wuxia aesthetics of some sort

my personal hope, Pokemon Conquest Romance of Three Kingdoms Edition; I wanna play as Zhang Fei and his Emboar
sandly there-s no pokemon version o Sun Ce :<

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)