Termination - Peaked #7!

Hello, and welcome to another RMT by yours truly. I've been away from the Pokemon community for a little bit, and I got bored one day, and so, I decided to theorymon up a team, and oh boy, I think this might have been one of the best ones I have come up with in a LONG time. This team took me all the way up to #7 on the OU Ladder, and I might try to get voting reqs with it on the Suspect Ladder here soon. I just have to find time to do that. Anyways, let's go ahead and get onto the team building process.

Oh, almost forgot, obligatory ladder screenshot.

Anyways, on to the team building process.​

I decided to go with a Tyranitar and Keldeo core at first, since I saw how well they worked on a previous RMT I saw. I went with the banded T-tar set because I hate Deoxys-D hyper offense (Screw you MikeDecIsHere) and I love the sheer power it holds. I went with a expert belt keldeo with rain dance in order to have the advantage in case I go up against Sun and a dugtrio has revenge killed my T-tar and I'm about to be swept by TIMID Venusaur.

Next up I wanted to add a fast scarfer, and so with Jirachi sitting at a comfortable 100 base speed, and because of how well it worked in Shurtugal's RMT, I decided to test this thing out myself. Oh my lord, Jirachi has been a blessing, with it's amazingly fast u-turn, and with my mamoswine weakness growing (Sandstorm teams usually seem to be weak to Mamo for some reason) I decided to add a Rotom-W in order to add a volt turn core. Rotom has been an amazing team player for me, allowing me to gain the momentum and the tide of the battle as simple as 1 2 3.

Finally, I decided to add a scarf latios and a focus sash lead Terrakion, after seeing how I needed a fast revenge killer, and a way to screw over trick room reuinclus and also venusaur in the sun, and it allows me to have a security blanket in the fact that I have 2 scarfers. IMO, dual scarf teams have an amazing advantage in the metagame, since if you can only show that 1 of them is scarf, usually the other person will sack their scarfer, and then you bring in the 2nd one and clean up from there. Terrakion I decided to add because I needed a fast, hard hitting rocks setter upper der. I don't know what to call him really, but, he hits hard, and gets up rocks, and that's what I like about him.

THE TEAM IN DEPTH:

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

I wanted to go with a lead terrakion after the team was pretty much built, mostly because of it's high speed, high attack, great dual stab coverage, and most importantly, it's access to Stealth Rock and Taunt. Rocks are a necessity in this game, and Terrakion is a force to be reckon with. Being in the lead spot, it's usually the fastest thing out, and so it usually gets its rocks up turn 1, unless of course it's a bad lead spot, or by some miracle, something is naturally faster than him, or it's an easy KO. Close Combat and Stone Edge are there mostly for the dual stab coverage, and taunt is used to shut down other hazard users.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Rain Dance

I decided to go with Keldeo after deciding upon using the Tyranitar Keldeo core combination. You're probably wondering why am I using Rain dance on a sand team? Well, mostly for 2 reasons. To power up Keldeo's Hydro pumps to insane levels, and also to stop sweeps from both Venusaur and Stoutland. I use Expert belt in order to bluff the choice item and get some surprise KO's. I use Icy wind so I can nail the faster switch ins on the switch and get the ko afterwards. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are the main stabs and do wonders against pretty much everything.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Spd / 152 HP
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

The second part of the Keldeo Tyranitar core, Tyranitar sets up the sandstorm, neutralizing the benefits given by rain and sun. I decided to go with the banded T-tar in order to deal with the ever-present (Maybe not for long) Deoxys-D. Crunch with sandstorm damage is a guaranteed KO on Deoxys-D, preventing them to only 1 layer. The moveset is pretty standard, with Superpower to hit Ferrothorn. The Speed Ev's are to outpace Jellicent and to have a little bit of speed creeping in there as well.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt​

The first part of my volt turn and dual scarf core, Rachi fills the gap of that one needed soul that brings this team together. With great 100 base stats, and an excellent movepool, plus it's benefit of being a steel type, Rachi has proved itself over and over again. I decided on a choice set in order to have the fastest and safest u-turn to keep up the momentum, and added in Iron head for some flinch hax action, and Zen headbutt to deal with breloom and to have a higher base power move that also has a 60% chance to flinch. Ice punch is there to hit Gliscor and Dragons alike that like to come in on rachi and try to set up.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Thus this specimen completes the second part of my dual scarfer core. Latios is a God Amongst Men, boasting an incredible base 130 Special Attack, and a 110 Base Speed, Latios has proved to be one of the top dragons in OU. I decided on a Timid Scarf set so that I have a way to beat Modest Venusaur if the sun is up and my weather inducer has died. Draco is there in order to hit hard, psyshock and trick in order to mess up the pink blobs, and Hidden power Fire is there to take care of ferrothorn if it turns to be a problem.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 Spd / 176 HP / 124 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

And thus Rotom-W completes the team, boasting a great volt turn combination with Rachi, and boasting a great hefty Defensive stats, Rotom has proven to be a valuable asset to this team. This team is pretty mamoswine weak, and Rotom patches up that hole pretty well. The ev's are made so that Rotom can outspeed Jolly Mamoswine and also still retain a bit of power and bulk. Hidden power grass is there to take care of Gastrodons that like to break my Volt Turn combo. Hydro pump and Volt switch are great stabs, and will-o is too valuable to pass up, what with the whole ruining physical attackers and such.​

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the team, it's been a lot of fun using it. Funny thing, I actually peaked with this team right under fellow user Trinitrotoluene, who's team I actually had to face 3 times on the ladder, all of which I won. I guess that shows that people still do steal good and unique teams. They just don't know how to use it right. Unfortunately, I lost my spot because I played pretty sloppily against fellow user MikeDecIsHere, and when I tried to ladder back up, I went on a losing streak, so I decided to retire the team. So, go ahead and use it if you like, offer me suggestions, all that good stuff. I think I'm gonna make a new team here soon and try to ladder with that one as well. So, go ahead, rate it, hate it, steal it, luvdisc it, I don't know. I'll see ya around on the flip side I guess.

IMPORTABLE:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Spd / 152 HP
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Keldeo-Resolute @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Rain Dance

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 Spd / 176 HP / 124 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This a fantastic team, I have nitpicks:

1. I don't see why Zen Headbutt should be used over Trick on Jirachi.
2. How affective is Rain Dance on Keldeo? Your team is really weak to Jellicient, you have room for HP Ghost, and the instant you use Rain Dance your gimmick is up. The best use of the EB set is as a lure for opponents who think you're locked into a move so I think HP ghost is a stronger option.
3. Rotom-w should really be chesto-rest, Landorus-i can set-up on much of your team, and if Rotom-w gets worn down it will destroy you (infact I would change Latios to a leftovers+ 3 attacks Latias for precisely this reason.

Hey, thanks for the rate, and let me go ahead and get into why I have these picks.

1. I run zen headbutt because it's a guaranteed OHKO on standard Breloom, and I haven't found trick very useful in many situations. I might try out trick though, since I do have latios (I guess maybe latias) to deal with breloom.

2. Rain dance has actually been pretty subpar with keldeo, and I have been thinking about changing it to HP Ghost. I haven't found one good opportunity to use it, and yes, Jellicent has been giving this team problems. I think I'm gonna make that change.

3. I actually didn't think about the chesto resto set. Rotom has gotten worn down pretty badly to the point where it really couldn't volt switch and keep up momentum, and by changing it to chesto resto, it can still keep up the momentum and have reliable recovery. I'm kinda on the fence about changing latios to latias though, since landorus isn't really all that threatening, since I can usually play around it, and HP Ice can't OHKO Latios and I can ohko with a draco and rocks (With min, it takes 1 round of LO recoil to take it down as well). I really do like the presence of dual scarfers, with scarf latios allowing me to take on Scarf Keldeo and Scarf Terrakion as well. But, thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out!

So, I tried out some of the suggestions, and I think I'm going to change Jirachi into a lead trick Rocks role, and also change out Terrakion for Sheer Force Landorus. This allows me to have a late game win condition as well as having another powerful force for the opponent to deal with. I tried out a chesto set on rotom, but with sandstorm and rocks racking up residual damage, it was too much for rotom to handle. I have adjusted the ev's since Jolly Mamo is never seen, and I decided to change Rain Dance to hail on Keldeo, since the team can deal with jellicent fine. Hail also allows me to change the weather against rain as well, making Thundurus-T have non-accurate thunders, while still providing residual damage against other pokes. Any other suggestions?

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is a very solid team you have, but there are a few things you can change to improve it. First off, I'd like to Myzozoa's suggestion of Leftovers + 3 attacks Latias. Latias will give you some more bulk, and Latios is a pretty mediocre Scarfer, being the perfect setup fodder, even moreso than other Scarfers. Second, I would keep Terrakion and Jirachi with their respective lead and Scarf sets, as those should be better for you overall. For Jirachi, I would replace Zen Headbutt with Healing Wish. Healing Wish allows you to give one of your Pokemon a second chance, specifically Keldeo and Tyranitar, as they are vital to the success of your team. Healing Wish allows Tyranitar to be in pristine condition for the weather war, even if it would otherwise be in KO range of hazards. It can bring your Pokemon back from the brink of death, and since this team seems to really depend on having all of its members (other than your lead Terrakion) alive. Ice Punch hits Breloom for enough damage; it's not that hard to wear Breloom down. Oh, and Latias counters Breloom. Even Latias counters Breloom. You don't need Jirachi, a Pokemon hit hard by boosted Mach Punch, to have a move just to always OHKO Breloom. Moving on, I think Hail is a bad idea on Keldeo, to be frank. Tyranitar can be burnt by Jellicent, and otherwise, you have nothing to hurt it. It is imperative that you run Hidden Power Ghost so you can hit it for some damage. Hail is a wasted slot; I guarantee you will almost never use it.

You have solid synergy and aren't really weak to much, so that should do it.

- use Myzozoa's suggestion of Leftovers + 3 attacks Latias > Latios (you can run some bulk if you want, though I won't suggest it below)

- Zen Headbutt -> Healing Wish on Jirachi

- Hail -> Hidden Power Ghost on Keldeo

[pimg]380[/pimg]
Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)