Terrorist Attack on Mumbai

2 hotels, 2 train stations, 4 other places.

8 buildings in total under seige.

All of India is in lockdown - from calcutta to Delhi, the broders, trains, busses, roads are all closed.
Ports are closed to all but food, military, and foreign aid, I believe.
Airports closed with same exceptions.

Edit: tolls, according to fox - 400+ injured, <s>135</s> 127 dead.
Hostages being held. Not hostages, more like "prisoners". Similar to the Russia attacks in 2004.
3 americans among the injured. No americans or Brits confirmed dead.
Head of the Anti-Terror Security died about 20 hours ago.

13:01 EST

I know that. It's basically at the same place, and plus I was just quoting from an actual news report.

"While hostages trickled out of the hotels throughout the day, witnesses said many bodies remained inside and the two-day siege showed few signs of ending quickly. Several bodies were carried out of the five-star Taj Mahal Palace and Tower hotel."

Sorry Solidus...

According 2 Indian news channel, 125 killed, 327 injured and the police / military are going for the final assault...
It seems the terrorists hijacked Fishing Ships to enter India. Now how do suspect / stop guys coming on fishing boats and identify them as terrorists? In the sense, how can you actually stop them from entering into a city?
Also, as much as blocking the roads, the seas also have to be watched now i guess...

Hey, thats what I heard from workers in Mumbai.

Avon Beauty Products (my mother works for) has their representative help/order lines over in Mumbai. My mother specifically called without a business question in the hopes of reaching someone there. She did, and they said that Mumbai has been on lockdown, and that the news reports directly from there (not translated half-assed garbage we get in the west) are saying whats going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)