The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham take final Europa League place via the Fair Play League! Bit of a mixed blessing; on one side fans get to see Fulham in Europe again, and the revenue is alwayswelcome, but the pressure it puts on the smaller squads, and the importance of staying in the EPL usually outweighs a rainy, cold midweek trip to eastern europe.

Hopefully Mark Hughes signs a couple of players to bolster the squad and help them cope with the injuries and fatigue the extra games will bring!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
yeah akuchi, that was a really bad day. was still reeling from the launch of Geordie Shore and then we got hit with that sucker punch. Word on the street is that his wage demands were unrealistically high but it's still a horrible blow. I'm convinced he loves the club so hopefully something can be worked out over the summer. If he does leave, I hope it's for a club where he can play in Europe and push his England credentials rather than another mid-table-ish team.

terrible start to the summer though - we've been sitting on that 35 million for a while now and were hoping we'd be able to strengthen the team but ditching your best player isn't really the best way to go about it. :(

hahaha, Geordie Shore looks amazing. yeah it's been interesting watching Pardew on the 35mill - he seems to vary from 'i will get it' to 'ive been promised i'll get it' to 'i'll get some of it' to 'i'll need it' to 'its up to the owner' and then back again.

im surprised an angry geordie hasn't shot mike ashley yet, the man is an abomination (though at least he's not al 'support chelsea if you dont like my statue' fayed)

aguero wants to leave, top clubs all picking up the phones. thinking that man city will snap him up as a tevez replacement.

clichy apparantly is thinking of a move to inter, cant exactly say i would be terribly sorry, but i suppose theres some sentimental value in him, being the last invincible and all. wenger had better get a new left back, at least based on kieran gibbs performances this season, and no i am not sold on armand traore or pedro botelho or whoever

looking forward to champ league final!

He will be going but only a few teams can afford him, Chelsea,City,Barca,Madrid.

Barca are trying to sign Rossi, if that doesn't work out they will probably be the ones who get Aguero.

Gonna be honest, I'd rather have Aguero than Rossi, so I reckon it will be the other way around.

edit: what am i saying lol

I mean that barca will make aguero their priority and won't go for rossi unless someone else gets him.

I really don't know who to support in this final.

I hate both teams with a passion

EDIT: I made up my mind.

Comment: Why I won’t be supporting Manchester United in Champions League final
by Ben Thornley, DPW West
May 27 2011
ACCORDING to some, Britain should be united behind Alex Ferguson’s bid to deliver Old Trafford a fourth European crown tomorrow night, but even the Scot isn’t deluded enough to believe that will happen.

When their supporters sing “we’re Manchester United, and we’ll do want we want” while their manager and players have lived by that unofficial club motto for the last 20 years, it’s no wonder the Red Devils receive little love on these shores.

This week Ferguson revealed how he learnt his first lesson in mind games from Bob Paisley – the only manager to have won the European Cup on three occasions – in his one clash with the Anfield legend while manager of Aberdeen in 1980 (Liverpool won 5-0 on aggregate).

He took little else from the dignified Liverpool boss, however.

Since lifting the FA Cup in 1990, Ferguson may have developed a wining habit at Manchester United but he has never mastered doing it with the class of Britain’s most successful club manager – the man whose shadow the Red Devils’ boss is so eager to escape.

There’s much to admire about Ferguson, of course. Each one of his great teams have always tried to play attacking football and have possessed a tremendous team spirit and winning mentality.

There are also occasions when he has displayed his well-hidden humanity - he was among the first to lay flowers at Anfield after the Hillsborough disaster in 1989.

But beyond those qualities Ferguson is a bully who has cajoled his way to 12 Premier League titles and two Champions League trophies, intimidating referees, opposition managers, governing bodies, the media and anyone else who has gotten in his way.

His players have often behaved with this same vulgarity.

Even if you believed in the antiquated and base notion that you should support another club from the UK in European competition, how could you possibly root for men as boorish as Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney?

Or hope to see fans who gleefully chant about footballing disasters given the opportunity singing about winning the European Cup four times “without killing anyone”.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
dont forget vidic, seriously the only player on man u that i like now (after giggs affair) is chicharito.

also post what you think the best 11 of the premier league is at this moment, that is not who has been best all season just who is best right now. Mine:

4-4-2:
-------------------------------RVP-----------Tevez

------------------------ Malouda------Lampard-----Nani

--------------------------------------Song-------------------

--------------------Evra--------Terry--------Luiz-------Sagna

--------------------------------------Foster

------------------RVP-------Tevez-----
---------Nasri--------------------Nani
------------Wilshere----------Parker----
----Evra-----Vidic-------David Luiz---Sagna
-------------------VDS---------------

4-2-3-1:

--------------------------HART

-----SAGNA-----KOMPANY-----VIDIC-----BAINES

-----------------PARKER-------ADAM

-----BALE-------------WILSHERE----------NANI

------------------------TEVEZ

PL Team of the season.

and enjoy this picture:

or hope to see fans singing about football disasters?
man city were doing that in the league game after the fa cup semi-final or was that brushed under the carpet?
nice to see liverpool holding on to what records they have before that one goes as well.

OTHER PEOPLE DID IT SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN MANCHESTER UNITED DO IT EVEN THOUGH WE WERE SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT MANCHESTER UNITED AND BARCELONA ONLY BUT OH GOD WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF MAN CITY AND HOW RUDE THEY ARE

MISS, THE BIG BOYS CALLED ME NAMES, MISS

3-1 ft

shoulda been 3-0 at least, giggs offside in rooney goal. did people notice the flick from carrick in the buildup though?

barca dominate the game and win, and thats pretty much all the big matches done for the year, except for the promotion stuff

oh and

VDS

sagna kompany vidic baines

parker modric

nani wilshere david silva

tevez

EDIT: they gave abidal the armband to let him lift it huh.

Barça played like they use too aka completely dominated manchester.

Judging for the first 5 minutes I thought manchester would be a good opponent but after that they were hopeless. They had one chance during the game to score (and they did even though there was an offside).

Villa's goal was simply amazing.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
barca man utd was like the equivalent of man utd vs some shitty lower table team. the difference in quality was incredibly obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)