The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't believe that game. Idk how Inter does it.. but they pulled through and advance.

Not sure how long Robben really is going to stay in Munich

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
at least till 2013 ;)
We do not need any money and can let him go for free if we want to. We did not even think about the 80 Million Real wanted to pay for Ribery.
This match was a bit like our game in Old Trafford last year and Ronney's still in Manchester

and united show why you dont need to spend stupid money in the transfer window for match winners, 6 million pounds for little pea

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Yeah Nos, maybe you could use some underhanded tactics to unsettle their top players as well!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Well I'm right so far. Liverpool look devoid of ideas and Carroll, Kuyt and Meireles seem to be the only three who give a damn.

edit: well, that's it. a miserable performance by Liverpool who have, yet again, wasted another 90 minutes of my life. could i have chosen a better word than 'whimper?' I doubt it. they remind me of us the season that we went down - the players seem to think they have some god-given entitlement to win games simply 'because they're liverpool.' too many players seem happy to go through the motions and pick up their pay cheque at the end of the week and there's no team spirit.

well done to the kop though, they were outstanding. i can't believe they still managed to belt out a rendition of you'll never walk alone in the 93rd minute, even after their players had totally let them down. with the obvious exception of us (hehe :pimp:), easily the best fans in the league (which reminds me, how bad are the man u fans this season - anybody else hear them getting outsang by Crawley Town at Old Trafford lol).

also @ altaria, I managed to catch the last 20 minutes of your game, and I thought you's looked pretty good tbh, although that may have been because Spartak had took their foot off the gas, what with being 4-0 up and all. :x

Dynamo Kyiv
Benfica Lissabon
Spartak Moscow
FC Twente Enschede
FC Porto
Sporting Braga
PSV Eindhoven
Villareal

Oof Zenit out, there goes my £2

On a side note I watched the Ajax game too, mediocre first half from Ajax and even though they got better in the second it seemed like de Boer had just given up, especially since he brought off Eriksen who seemed like their only real creative outlet to me.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
City suck, and need to get their act together for Chelsea this weekend...

On a side note, can't wait to hear what Altaria has to say about Ajax ;)

City suck, and need to get their act together for Chelsea this weekend...

On a side note, can't wait to hear what Altaria has to say about Ajax ;)
Spartak Moscow - Ajax 3-0

EFFORTLESS FUCKING SONS OF BITCHES, KILL YOURSELF THIS INSTANT, EXCEPT CVITANICH, ERIKSEN AND VERTONGHEN! DOING YOUR BEST IN A BIG GAME AGAINST ANDERLECHT OR AC MILAN, THINKING EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY AGAINST A LESS INSPIRING OPPONENT FROM RUSSIA! DIE, ASSHOLES! WITH SOME FUCKING EFFORT, YOU MIGHT GET SOMEWHERE, OR EVEN WIN THE EUROPA LEAGUE, ENOUGH QUALITY PLAYERS, BUT NO EFFORT! FUCK YOU ALL!

Wish the draw went a little differently.. but looks like ManUre gets away with not having to play Real Madrid at all, and no Barca unless they meet them in the finals..

Real - Tottenham 2-0
Tottenham - Real 1-1

Real wins.

Chelski - ManUtd 0-1
ManUtd - Chelski 1-0

ManUtd wins.

Barca - Donetsk 3-0
Donetsk - Barca 0-0

Barca wins.

Inter - Schalke 2-1
Schalke - Inter 1-1

Inter wins.

Gonna go with Madrid-United final, Madrid scraping by Barca in the semis by parking the bus and Mourinho. If Madrid don't pull it off then just give the Cup to Barca now as Madrid are the only team who can stop them imo.

Also as much as i hate the guy it would be glorious seeing Ronaldo put United out in the final, preferably with one of his shitty free kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)