Other Metagames The Angel of Death [Anything Goes RMT]

I decided that I would make a team revolving around (Mega) Absol. So I drafted the team, made a few tweaks, and here I am now.

PROCESS:
(The original team)
(Replaced Heliolisk with Silvally, because Heliolisk was proving to be very weak. The team was also struggling with Garchomp.)

Asriel (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Super Luck (Magic Bounce after mega evolving)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
Naive Nature
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Knock Off
-Fire Blast

We all know that Absol and its mega are very, very frail. I wanted to use the "Hit them as hard and fast as you can" method with this Absol. Naive nature is present to make Absol even faster without lowering one or more of its offensive stats. Night Slash is a nice STAB move with a high crit ratio, so if it crits, it will probably be devastating to those physically frail 'mons who don't resist it. Psycho cut also has a nice crit ratio, and it is there to weaken fighting types for a teammate to revenge kill. Knock Off caused a forfeit against a level 1 Magnemite, and it gets rid of the opponent's item to make my job easier. Fire Blast is for those pesky bug-types, or when I need a move that doesn't make contact with the enemy.

Apollo (Volcarona) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Giga Drain

Quiver Dance is usually the move I use when I am predicting a switch from the opponent, as it gives me a free turn to boost Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. Fire Blast is a nice STAB move that I use against the likes of Ferrothorn and Steel-types. Bug Buzz is a STAB move that I can upgrade to Savage Spin-Out with the held item, to pull off a devastating attack. It also can be quite powerful when boosted. Giga Drain is to surprise Rock, Ground, and Water-types while switching in. It also restores HP, allowing Apollo to be up a little bit longer.

Queen (Tsareena) @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Rapid Spin
-Trop Kick
-Synthesis
-U-turn

Queen fits the role of a spinner and pivot. Rapid Spin is self-explanitory, clearing away rocks to pave the way for teammates. Trop Kick is a STAB attack that can also make physical attackers kiss one stage of their attack stats goodbye. Synthesis is to increase longevity, and can sometimes be used to stall opponents. When I expect them to use Taunt, I attack with Trop Kick. U-Turn is where the pivot part comes in: She's slow. If her opponent is faster, I am guaranteed a safe switch into Asriel the Absol, or another teammate.

Lata (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Recover

Lata is the specially bulky special sweeper. Draco Meteor is STAB, and it is used to deal with other Dragon types. Thunderbolt is a surprise against Primarina. Not only is it super effective, but it can cause paralysis. Psychic is a secondary STAB that can be used against Sylveon and Florges, although risky. Recover is to restore Lata's health so she can continue her sweep. It also helps her heal off residual damage from Life Orb.

Legend (Silvally-Ice) @ Ice Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVS: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Parting Shot

Legend is also a "Hit your opponents as hard and fast as you can", except he is bulkier than Absol. He was placed in this team to cover Garchomp, as the team was struggling with it. Ice Beam is a STAB move with a chance of freezing. It is also the move that brings Garchomp to its knees. Thunderbolt is his answer to Water-types that would normally resist his other two moves. Flamethrower is to deal with Steel-types and possible cause a burn. Parting Shot is there to help my team gain momentum, and it also lowers the opponent's Attack and Special Attack. The EVs for Special Attack and Speed are there to help him fit his role.

Serenity (Primarina) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Moonblast
-Psychic
-Scald

Serenity's role is to cover the weakness to Fire type Pokemon, and be a wallbreaker at the same time. Hydro Pump and Scald are two water type STAB moves that play a part in defeating Fire-types, the latter having a chance to cause a burn. Moonblast is there to deal with Grass and Electric types that would resist the two Water type moves. Psychic is there to deal with Amoonguss and Tentacruel. EVs and nature are to improve her skills at wallbreaking and to make her harder to defeat.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aight well typically someone answers these pretty terribly so I'll do it first instead. First off, welcome to Smogon Lunaflare! Anyway, there isn't really any way to be positive about this team. It's just wholly unviable in Anything Goes, a team that is technically legal but not remotely good or usable in competitive play. If you win any games, it'll be on low ladder versus other people using teams like this. That happens a lot very low down, but if you face anyone who knows what they're doing, this team just has absolutely no hope. I can't rate it, only recommend that you either try playing a different metagame or use a different team for anything goes. here are the AG viability rankings to see what kind of Pokemon are actually decent in the metagame, and here are some sample teams if you wanted to try using something more legit. As for taking this to another tier, this team is technically usable in OU but basically just mixes a bunch of mons from different tiers together and ends up not really being good in any metagame. You could adapt part of it for elsewhere, but not the whole thing. Anyway, hope this was helpful.
e: i like the sentiment of the below post but don't see what passing outdated psyspam (even if it had a 6th mon) or "an exca team" really does here

Last edited:
Edit: Oops, a moderator ninja'd me. I will still leave this as a reference.

Hello there Lunaflare I have enjoyed your squad of six. I would like to compliment on your thoughtful process of selecting members of each team with typing and role compression. Your teammates also have appropriate movesets and coverage moves for good purpose, and for other readers, this team may look solid. However, I could not just pass by without leaving any comments about flaws.

The first thing you might to be aware is the fact that, the metagame is Anything Goes, and the metagame has no banlist (any Pokemon, including legendaries are allowed), meaning, most of the competitive teams you face will be flooded with legendaries, and more notably, more than once Arceus formes, and almost any Arceus form will either check two or more Pokemon in your team, and in general, will be hardly killable at all. As you go higher in ladder, common teams will make you experience imbalanced matches when you take this team into practice. Starting from Absol, your Absol is hopelessly walled by Arceus-Fairy and Magearna (they heavily invest in special defense and will escape 2HKO from Fire Blast), the former being the common wall in the tier due while the latter being existent in many bulky teams. Volcarona, while it is true that it has quite limited counterplay, has much harder time outsides OU tier due to stronger pressure from Steath Rock users like Primal Groudon, and vicious priority users like Marshadow, Arceus, and Mega Rayquaza can easily dispose it after prior damage. The rest of the team struggles with very common threats in Anything Goes in general, with Latias being heavily threatened by Yveltal and Gengar while the rest of the team is helpless against Primal Groudon.

That said, I do not think I have enough motivation to go over all the individual problems, since it will be quite pointless to do so when the team already struggles against basically any teams in the ladder. I am aware of the fact that until late 1500 ladder in Anything Goes, many people tend to use low-tiered Pokemon in their teams, but if you aim to move on with a competitive team (which I assume from your posting of RMT), I am sorry to say this but you will have to start from scratch.

As much as I am the person who is leaving a rate and have the obligation to be as constructive and retain your team as much as possible during fixation, I will recommend you common cores that work in Anything Goes.

"Hit them as hard and fast as you can" sounds like a motto you want to keep no matter how much fix your team needs, so I will start with Deoxys-A core, aka PsychicSpam.

1513724716640.png
1513724751018.png
1513724776246.png
1513724776246.png
1513724776246.png

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nuzzle
- Sticky Web
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Moonblast

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower / Low Kick

This is a very standard PsychicSpam team that is ready to shred any unprepared teams, and most offensive teams in ladder can't afford to make dedicated preparations for this. If you want to attack as hard and fast as possible, there is nothing else I can recommend other than Deoxys-A, which is born to do so. Psycho Boost under Psychic Terrain basically OHKOes the entire unresisted metagame that is not called Chansey or Blissey, and is very spammable against teams without Dark-types and therefore mostly the move itself nets swift KOes. About the team, Smeargle is a dedicated suicide lead to make sure Sticky Web is set and random Choice Scarf users won't revenge kill Deoxys-A while Rapid Spin ensures hazards are away from your field and Focus Sash are preserved. Tapu Lele is used to set Psychic Terrain, letting Deoxys-A run rampant under the immunity of priority moves and boosted STAB. If you wonder why the last member of the team is missing, it should be Choice Scarf user of your choice, with good ones being Yveltal and Mega Rayquaza, both of which are able to threaten Necrozma-DM which is a new adversary for PsychicSpam to handle.

==

1513725360821.png

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin

Another team archetype you might want to try out in order to quench your thirst to hit as hard and fast as possible (which is what hyperoffense is) is hyperoffense team with Excadrill. Excadrill holds solid niche as a suicide lead that possesses offensive presence while has ability to set hazards against rare Magic Bounce user (Mega Sableye) while ridding hazards itself for its teammates with Rapid Spin.

Tons of Pokemon can fit alongside suicide lead Excadrill. Xerneas, Mega Rayquaza, Yveltal, Marshadow, Swords Dance Arceus all appreciate Excadrill's ability to set hazards and pressure the team. Mega Rayquaza in particular appreciates Excadrill's ability to remove hazards to it can use its solid bulk to set Dragon Dance, and this is very dangerous to opposing team due to the very limited counterplay against it after the boost. Yveltal harasses Defog users with Taunt and strong Dark Pulse, Xerneas does good job cleaning up late game with Geomancy, Marshadow appreciates its checks being worn down by Stealth Rock, etc.

==

This is all I can give you as feedback for now. Some people might say this feedback is useless due to the team having serious systemic issues and being hardly competitive at all, but I couldn't just neglect someone who builds teams with dedication and building everything with purpose. Anything Goes becomes intensely competitive and the strength of competitive teams exponentially increases as you climb ladder. If you have any questions respond to my post or PM me. Have a good day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)