Status
Not open for further replies.
Tournament name: The 3-Mon Tournament III
Host: Ruppy
Project priority: Normal
Format:
XY OU
Tournament Rules: Best of Three, 3v3 Singles
Art Direction: It's kind of obvious that 3 is the magic number here. Basically, I'm thinking there should be three of everything (except the tourney title, unless you can make something work that way) for whatever you use. I was thinking of something using three interlocked triangles (or a Triforce if you want and it's allowed) with three Pokémon coming out of the center of it together. I'm not picky on what Pokés you choose, though if it helps try thinking of three XY OU Pokémon that together form an effective team core.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Tournament name: The #UUSF Tournament
Host: Oglemi
Project priority: Low
Format: ADV UU
Tournament Rules: Standard ADV UU, Bo3
Art Direction: Any ADV UU mon you want to depict. The name of the tournament comes from one of the longest-standing "cliques" or groups on Smogon to have existed, #uusf being the IRC channel. Camerupt, Walrein, Vileplume, Nidoking/Nidoqueen all good choices.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Tournament name: The #UUSF Tournament
Format: ADV UU
Tournament Rules: Standard ADV UU, Bo3
Art Direction: Any ADV UU mon you want to depict. The name of the tournament comes from one of the longest-standing "cliques" or groups on Smogon to have existed, #uusf being the IRC channel. Camerupt, Walrein, Vileplume, Nidoking/Nidoqueen all good choices.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Format:
XY OU
Art Direction: It's kind of obvious that 3 is the magic number here. Basically, I'm thinking there should be three of everything (except the tourney title, unless you can make something work that way) for whatever you use. I was thinking of something using three interlocked triangles (or a Triforce if you want and it's allowed) with three Pokémon coming out of the center of it together. I'm not picky on what Pokés you choose, though if it helps try thinking of three XY OU Pokémon that together form an effective team core.
Ok this is my first time doing this.. and I know that the text looks bad, but here:

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Format:
XY OU

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heyo Smeargle Artists. Doubles has started a year-long doubles tournament circuit, and I was wondering if you guys can offer spiffy banners to decorate the many doubles tournaments to come. The circuit composes of 8 minitours, 2 seasonals, and 1 major. Those who racked up 100+ points from participating in these tournaments will be invited in an Invitational, where the victor will be determined. Pwnemon explains about this program best here.

If anybody can offer artwork that we can use in these tournaments, that would be swell. Common Pokemon of Doubles include Landorus-T, Togekiss, Rotom-W, and (Mega) Kangaskhan if that will get you started. Since this is an ambitious project with a prize on the line (atm the winner gets a custom banner), it would be awesome if we can have an awesome manly banner like Zracknel's OST Logo, but I am pretty much open about the art direction here

Last edited:

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Heyo Smeargle Artists. Doubles has started a year-long doubles tournament circuit, and I was wondering if you guys can offer spiffy banners to decorate the many doubles tournaments to come. The circuit composes of 8 minitours, 2 seasonals, and 1 major. Those who racked up 100+ points from participating in these tournaments will be invited in an Invitational, where the victor will be determined. Pwnemon explains about this program best here.

If anybody can offer artwork that we can use in these tournaments, that would be swell. Common Pokemon of Doubles include Landorus-T, Togekiss, Rotom-W, and (Mega) Kangaskhan if that will get you started. Since this is an ambitious project with a prize on the line (atm the winner gets a custom banner), it would be awesome if we can have an awesome manly banner like Zracknel's OST Logo, but I am pretty much open about the art direction here
As clarification, are you looking for several different banners? Also, what would be the text or title on some of them?

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for showing interest, Andrew! I only need one spiffy banner, but of course if there are multiple submissions, I can use all of them :]

The Text/Title would be "The Doubles Circuit"

Pwnemon, Audiosurfer, Braverius, Level 51 can confirm or correct me.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
i think you can drop the "the", or at least make it relatively smaller if you can do that without compromising aesthetic value. seems kinda out of place to me fsr :s

Pocket

One of the best 1st post on Smogon! Is it possible to crop out the white background? Thank you for sharing your talent, Seaco :D

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament name: Sabotage!
Host: FireMage
Format:
XY OU
Tournament Rules: Players who have lost ban their opponents from using an increasing number of pokémon in future rounds.
Art Direction: I'd like to see some sort of Dark-type theme - I have no real ideas myself but I'd like to see what you come up with.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm, sorry Agous because you already made a logo, but this joke could not be resisted

parts of the image used from this link: http://static3.businessinsider.com/...ny-fighting-the-beastie-boys-has-given-up.jpg
(no copyright infringement blah blah blah)

also bonus points if you can name the beastie playing the actor playing the charecter
this is amazing! im no expert, but i think the text jumps out a little too much haha! i think just a simple text would look awesome! and also, i didnt reserve it! it was yours for the taking!

Tournament name: Home Field Advantage III
Host: Dubby
Format:
XY OU, Ubers, UU
Tournament Rules: The tournament runs in a season-based format, with groups and weekly opponents. The "home" player of the matchup chooses the tier to be played.
Art Direction: Something similar to the Pokemon Stadium in SSBM or SSBB would be nice, but I'll accept almost anything really.

Tournament name: The Sunset Colosseum
Format
: XY OU
Tournament Rules: Standard XY OU, 6v6 from pool of 12 randomized Pokemon
Art Direction: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sunset_Colosseum For reference, this is what the tournament is based off of. I'm open to any kind of interpretation for a banner tbh, thanks in advance!!

Sorry for poor and messy design - was kinda in a rush

xxx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)