The Awesome RMT!

This is a team for Shoddy. Constructive Criticism welcome!

The Team:

Name: Nightstalker
Species: Weavile
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
Item: Salac Berry
Moves:
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Pursuit
Taunt

This Weavile is an excellent lead, outspeeding most common leads out there, it can most definately get the attack off first. Ice Punch is an excellent Ice STAB, dealing with things like Zapdos. Night Slash is also an excellent STAB, for doing neutral damage to most types and super-effective hits on Ghosts and Psychics. Pursuit deals with things that are trying to escape, and taunt is to stop status inducers.

Name: Awesometop
Species: Claydol
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Sp. A, 252 Sp. D
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Psychic
Rapid Spin

Claydol makes an excellent Rapid Spinner, since it doesn't take very much damage from SR, and isn't affected by Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Earth Power is an excellent special STAB, as is Psychic. Ice Beam is a good special move as well, with good type coverage.

Name: Aquanator
Species: Azumarill
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band
Moves:
Aqua Jet
Ice Punch
Waterfall
Brick Break

Huge Power Azumarill is a beast, especially an Adamant Choice Banded Huge Power Azumarill. With an attack stat of 654, it can kill almost anything. Aqua Jet is a great priority move, as is Waterfall. Ice Punch deals with Dragons, and Brick Break with Steels.

Name: Eclipse
Species: Umbreon
EVs: 132 HP, 126 Def, 252 Sp. D
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Calm
Moves:
Baton Pass
Mean Look
Toxic
Wish

A support Umbreon. It is very effective at supporting the team and stalling out the enemy. Mean Look, Toxic, then Baton Pass. A combo that god gave Umbreon. Wish is there also for heal support, or healing itself.

Name: Flamer
Species: Charizard
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Fly

This Charizard is a great late-game sweeper. Earthquake deals with Electrics and Rocks, Flare Blitz a good STAB, and Fly a good scout move. A pokemon made to finish off opponenets.

Name: Flora
Species: Bellossom
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Spe, 252 Sp. A
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Moonlight
Sleep Powder
Solar Beam
Sunny Day

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Bellossom? This guy's carzy! NO ONE uses Bellossom!". This, however, is not an ordinary Bellossom. Sleep Powder to stop those foolish opponents from stopping you, leaving you ready to set up with Sunny Day. Solar Beam is a powerful attack without a charge time, and Moonlight is a healing move that heals more in the sun, and Chlorophyll an ability that increases Speed in the sun. So, in other words, Bellossom likes the sun.

So, that's it! Tell me what you think!

Foresaken Justice

Your team has no Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock, so I suggest putting Stealth Rock on your Claydol. Stealth Rock is such a great move. Stealth Rock puts a hamper on Gyarados and Salamence limiting the amount of times they can switch in making dealing with Gyarados alot easier. Speaking of Salamence, he seems to cause your team some problems after a Dragon dance. There are two ways you can fix this. One way is too put Ice Shard over Ice Punch on Weavile. Even though Weavile is a fast Pokemon, Salamence will outspeed after a DD. Ice shard is a priority move meaning that you will always strike salamence first before it hits you. If you can keep Weavile alive long enough, Ice Shard will really help you out. The second way to remedy this problem is to replace Umbreon with a Jirachi. Umbreon seems to be there just to provide Wish support. Jirachi can also provide Wish support for your team and Jirachi can also outspeed Salamence after a DD. I would suggest using the following set:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 110 HP/252 Atk/148 Spd
Nature: (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Wish

If I were you, I would use this as your lead. If you want to use this a your revenge killer only then that is fin too. It is damn annoying for opposing suicide leads such as Azelf and Aerodactyl since they have a 60% chance of not getting their rocks up because of Iron Head. It can effectively deal with Tyranitar with Iron Head, and against slow leads such as Swampert and Bronzong it can gift them with a choice scarf. I think this is one of the most effective anti-leads in todays metagame as it easily deals with most of the top 10 leads. Makes an excellent revenge killer too if you manage to keep the scarf, and without it you still outrun Adamant Lucario.

Your team has a large weakness to Dragon Dance Gyarados. After a DD, Gyarados outspeeds your entire team and deals large amounts of damage to every Pokemon on your team. Gyarados kills Charizard, Weavile, Claydol, and Umbreon with Waterfall and kills Bellossom with Ice Fang and Azumarrill with Earthquake/Stone Edge. To fix this rather daunting problem, I would suggest replacing Bollossom with Celebi.

Celebi@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP/ 222 Def/ 36 Spe
Nature: Bold
-Grass Knot
-Thunder Wave
-Leech Seed
-Recover

While at the same time being one of Gyarados main counters. Celebi has such a plethora of usuable moves making it a great Pokemon. Celebi has access to Thunder Wave allowing him to slow down opposing pokemon that like to switch inot Celebi such as Heatran and Scizor. He can also Leech Seed for some nice recovery, and use Recover. Even though Celebi has an extreme amount of weaknesses it's an incredible pokémon, it does it's job, and performs very well. Grass knot is in there for the aforementioned Gyarados, and other various pokémon.

On, Charizard, Fly is horrible move to use. The moment you use Fly, any smart player will just switch out to a Pokemon that resists the move. If I remember correctly, there is also a Fly glitch on shoddy disallowing its use :/ Substitute is a good replacement. It protects Charizard from status moves like Thunder Wave and Toxic and can also be used for scouting. Now that Jirachi has taken Weavile's place as a lead, I would make him your secondary sweeper. You can give him SD and you have a scary sweeper. If using the SD set, I would suggest using something like Life Orb over Salac Berry. Salac Berry is not needed on such a fast Pokemon like Weavile and most Weavile carry Ice Shard just in case something is faster. Ice Shard also helps you take on Salamence.

----------------------
Good Luck :toast:
----------------------

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pointing out an error- moonlight doesn't heal that much in the sun, morning sun does.
Wrong, they are the same move just given a different name. Make sure what you say is right before posting

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last Rate My Team for the night probably, getting hard to think.

So lets start with your Weavile lead, I'd suggest using the Anti-Weavile lead as it'll Stop pretty much any lead which gives you an issue:

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Fake Out
- Ariel Ace
- Brick Break
- Night Slash

Alright, this lead plays in a similar role to the Infernape anti-lead except for the fact Weavile is much stronger and can actually counter Lead-Ape. On the first turn you'll use Fake Out, flinching the opponent and possibly getting rid of their nasty Focus Sash. Then it's all really about what lead you're facing, if it is infact Infernape you'll use Ariel Ace for a OHKO, if it is an Azelf Night Slash for the OHKO if it is Aerodactyal then Brick Break will OHKO it as well. Tyranitar and Bronzongs still give you tyrouble though, you can either stay in and try to deal as much damage to them as you can, or you can switch out, saving Weavile for a later time and place.

Rapid Spin isn't that used of a move any more in OU due to everyone and their dog having a Roto on their team. This isn't a abd thing, it just makes getting rid of Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes a real hassle since there is the chance you won't be able to spin it away. Instead of worrying about it with Claydol I would suggest replacing him with Mix Infernape.

Infernape @ Life Orb
naive Natyre
24 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 232 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat

This is a wall breaker, and he does a great job and breaking walls. Since your new anti-lead should be stopping Stealth Rocks from getting down, Infernape won't be taking 25% every switch in. After a Nasty Plot, your Grass Knot should handle most Bulky Waters and Ground types, Fire Blast for steels and Grass types, and Close Combat for everything else and their dog (besides Ghost types of course).

Azumaril is fine for the most part (note, might edit tomorrow)

Umbreon, I hate to say it is almost entirely outclassed by his cousin Vaporeon. Vaporeon is a water type, meaning she has quite a few resistances, naturally bulky can pass Wish and can pose a threat to certain pokemon.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpDef
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Hidden Power (Electric)

Your team also had somewhat of a large Dragon Dance Gyarados weakness by 2HKOing it with Hidden Power [ELECTRIC] and he can 3HKO you with Earthquake, but you have wish to promote longer leaving and peace on earth. Surf is the general STAB move that helps counter Tyranitar and Heatran in a pinch. Wish can be passed to your team for healing and Protect is to make sure your Wish comes true.

To deal with your Dragon Dance Salamence weakness, I'm going to get rid of your Charizard and replace it with a Scarf-Zapdos. Scarf-Zapdos is a great counter to Dragon Dance Salamence as (with the right EV's) she can outspeed it after a single Dragon Dance and OHKO him with Hidden Power [ICE].

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 SpAtk / 176 Spe / 80 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [ICE]
- Heat Wave
- U-Turn

Thunderbolt is a generic STAB move that provides decent damage always, while Hidden Power [ICE] will hit things like Salamence and the occasional Dragonite. Heat Wave is going to hit Grass types and Ice types along with Steels for pretty good damage. U-Turn should be something used early game, so you can scout for counters and start gaining momentum in the battle to slowly crush your opponents defenses. Leaving it vunerable to a sweep from the next pokemon I suggest.

Bellossom isn't doing anything for this team, I'm sorry. OU is heavy on Sand Storm and that will make Sunny Day almost useless to use (if you don't have a team built around it atleast) Instead I suggest Dragon Dance Salamence as an effective late game sweeper and possible mid game wall breaker.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

This set will sweep most teams late game as everything will be low on health, or enough so Salamence doesn't have to worry about it. Fire + Ground + Dragon is completely unresisted and well provide great coverage for you. Fire Blast is a 2HKO on most Bronzongs just for a heads up. Salamence won't mind Stealth Rocks too much sinc he should be brought out for the sweep end game, not having taken too much residual damage from before.

Have a good night,
Empoleon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)