Status
Not open for further replies.
Aproved by Tournament Directors
V1 won by Xtrashine
V2 won by McMeghan

Smogon Tournament Rules

The Best of 3 Tournament V3!

introduction

Welcome to the Best of 3 Tournament V3! Almost a year ago, McMeghan won the second version of this tournament, and now it is back! There have been some big changes to the metagame since the Best of 3 tournament V3, so it will be interesting to see what players have a better understanding of the changes! The battles are simple, both players will play 3 games, 1 BW OU, 1 BW Uber, and 1 BW UU. Who ever wins 2 out of the 3 games, moves on! This tournament is meant to show the ability of players in 3 of the main tiers to pokemon!

Standard Rules

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
Tournament Rules

• In the three games, all must be BW Singles, 1 game must be OU, 1 must be UU, and 1 must be Uber!
  • The first battle can be whatever the two players agree on, but after that game, the loser decides what tier will be played next, and if 1-1, the tier not yet played will be played (ex: BW OU, BW UU, 1-1 so BW Uber must be played)
  • Any games not finished by the deadline, unless i give your game a extension, will be decided by a coin toss, or given to the player who was more active.
  • If you missed sign ups, you may apply to be a sub, but no subs after round 1.
Pairings

R5

9. Leftiez vs 54. Vinc2612
49. King vs 65. pokebasket
34. Laurel vs 97. SoulWind​

(If I made any mistakes in names or pairings please let me know.)
Deadline
R5 Deadline: November 26th
Extension Deadline: November 22nd

Last edited:
yo im not johning my opponent and i would really like an extension because for the most part i'm active and have done my battles and his timezone is absolutely horrible. thanks

bro, my timezone is not horrible, it's just that our timezones have a big hour difference.

I'm really active and I'll continue being active, but I need that you come earlier

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My connection is terrible since almost a week, but I will be at my parents' house this weekend so I'll play on Saturday or Sunday

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lost UU, lost Ubers on a last turn crit but Leftiez gave me the win, and finally won OU.

Thank you, ggs

show as many screens as you want i came back yesterday and you were online and i messaged you on your wall twice and sent you a private message to try to get your attention.. im on today and i'm ready

alright after a long wait, the king takes the games 2-1 after a hax filled uu and uber game. thank god the ou one wasn't haxy and i came out on top otherwise tough series pokebasket gg

well....

I could imagine this....

Lost 1-2 because of "Pokemon"

Won UU with hax on his side, lost Ubers with 3 last ridiculous turns (CH, miss and CH), and lost OU with less hax, but important.

Anyway, GG, but I think this isn't the fair end for the round

well....

I could imagine this....

Lost 1-2 because of "Pokemon"

Won UU with hax on his side, lost Ubers with 3 last ridiculous turns (CH, miss and CH), and lost OU with less hax, but important.

Anyway, GG, but I think this isn't the fair end for the round
I'm usually a good sport when it comes to this stuff but I can't hold my tongue. You failed to burn death fodder pokebasket, it didn't matter. You also crit burned my sweeping mon, and in ubers the game started with you critting my hazards mon and stopped me from getting up crucial spikes. Thanks though, your sportsmanship is remarkable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)