The Biggest Loser rule drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.
this sounds fun, I'm always losing battles!

as for focus punch, they could always use a stat-up move or spikes etc, so you would KO them

this sounds fun, I'm always losing battles!

as for focus punch, they could always use a stat-up move or spikes etc, so you would KO them
I don't think stat up moves would be used.

CM, switch, Agilitly, switch, SD, switch...

Sort of ruins the idea of the tourney.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't like the 'you can't switch twice in a row' thing. Most probably, everyone would end up attacking, then switching, then attacking, then switching, etc. Plus, as you have already noted, Focus Punch will be broken (although this can be solved by not putting Focus Punch in any of the movesets).

I propose a limit on the amount of switches. For example, no more than 10 switches is allowed per game per player. Or change that number to whatever is deemed fine.

Well, maybe the 1st person has to switch on odd numbered turns, and the 2nd person has to switch on even numbered turns?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think just limiting the number of switches is a good thing rather than no switches twice in a row. Then you'd generally be sure people would be switching something in every second turn.

Ok.. erm, what about no charging moves?
In the 1st place, Obi is gonna make all the pokemon, so there's no need to set this type of stuff, as he would probably exclude them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)