ORAS OU The Bunny and Genius Squad! [Peaked 1648]

The Bunny and Genius Squad! [Peaked 1648]

Introduction

Hello, this is my first post and RMT in Smogon, I bring a team that have greatly enjoyed using. It was formed in partnership with a clan mate, originally for Mega Gallade who was replaced by Mega Lopunny.

Initially the Mega Fighting-Type, proposed for the team.

Then Clefable, the better (imo) chek for Mega Sableye, (great counter of Mega Gallade,) also as a great status Absorber.

A Dark-Type partner for sweep, I opted for the new Hoopa-B, excellent Stall / wallbreaker.

Now the Fairy chek, Scizor, also helping with Pursuit against Lati@s, Alakazam and others.

The Tornadus T-Chek, (Mega) Scizor, Support Defog and other functions. Pressure is very useful against users of Stealth Rock as Skarmory and Ferrothorn dropping the PP in half.

My Stealth Rock user, U-Turn punish, Bisharp chek and one of the best Pokémon in the current metagame, Garchomp.

The team had several problems with Speed, as well as difficult entry of Gallade, Mega Lopunny resolve these problems and fit very well to the team.

Thanks Tricking, Hippowdon have more longevity, stop Mega Manectric and Mega Lopunny and chek Charizard X.

The team:

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Trait: Limber> Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+ Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Encore

My regular Lead. Fake Out is a great emergency button while Adamant Nature increases my chances of 2KO Quagsire, and still outpeed Tornadus-T 216 Evs Speed and Scarf Tyranitar. Encore is situational but is very interesting to use in Protect users, recovery moves, Stealth Rock, etc, ensuring some free turn.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Calm Nature (+ SDef, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Status Absorber, Mega Sableye Counter and Setupper. Knock Off at first glance seems useless, but removes Leftovers of Heatran, Choice Scarf of Gothitelle in switch, Black Sludge of Amoonguss, Eviolite of Chansey (+6 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252 SPD Chansey: 298-352 (46.4 - 54.8%) - 64.5% chance to 2HKO) among others.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Trait: Magician
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SATK / 196 Spe
IVs: 29 HP
Mild Nature (+ SAtk, Def)
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

My Mixed Attacker, 196 Speed outpeed regular Gliscor and Garchomp. Excellent coverage with 0 safe switchs. Psyshock KO Tornadus-T AV after Stealth Rock damage. Dark Pulse is the main Stab and induce your opponent to think that it does not have physical moves, Drain Punch and Gunk Shot gives an excellent coverage, 2KO virtually anything in the metagame. 29 IVs in HP minimizes LO recoil.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 SDef
Careful Nature (+ SDef, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit
- U-turn

My Gardevoir and Lati@s chek. Bullet Punch as a priority, Pursuit helps me at least weaken Lati@s, Mega Gardevoir and other Psychic-types, as Gothitelle and Alakazam, or even Gengar.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 236 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature (+ Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

I hate facing Tornadus-T and Ferrothorn, this Pokémon covers this two very well, and Scizor, and my Defog support. Pressure is excellent against Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, among many other moves. Still covers Mega Lopunny from Bird spam. Discharge is my choice to try to paralyze Bulky Talonflame that stands up well with Roost.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

A secure Switch in Mega Manectric, Thundurus (no Grass Knot), Bisharp chek, Stealth Rock user, Weather changer, good longevity. It fits very well in the team.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Trait: Justified > Inner Focus
Jolly Nature (+ Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

Although very strong, his initial Speed is bad for Sweeper. In addition to suffering from the 4 moves syndrome, had his place taken by Mega Lopunny.

Shirona (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature (+ Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

My Stealth Rock user, Punish U-Turn, Bisharp Chek. I chose Stone Edge to surprise Talonflame then try Taunt in the first round, as well as giving KO Charizard Y. had his place taken by Hippowdon.

Rain offense is a bad matchup against my team.

Keldeo-R Choice Species can give 2KO in throughout my team.

I can not give a free round for these two, or to have to make sacrifices to Mega Lopunny use Fake Out. Besides Garchomp passive damage.

Weavile is hard in switch in, because good STABs and Atk.

Nasty Plot can destroy this team if Lopunny is already out of play or Hippowdon low HP.

Conclusion:
The team even with a weakness for Water-moves is very dynamic and fun to use.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-265409238
Clefable and Zapdos as great walls, after this fight I decided to replace Gallade by Lopunny.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-267152560
Encore and Knock Off being useful.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-267211444
Good battle with good acting Lopunny.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-267263100
Another Lopunny and Clefable good performance.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-267268545
Good work Pursuit Scizor.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-267312033
Vs a offense team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-270803118
The last fight with the team.

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Trait: Limber
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Encore

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Trait: Magician
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spe
IVs: 29 HP
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 236 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Sorry for any errors, my native language is not English.

Last edited:
Hi

The team is very well built. However, the weakness to water types (especially Keldeo) is glaring. You could try replacing Hoopa-U with Celebi. This allows you to put Stealth Rock on it, and make Garchomp a Choice Scarf variant, which will allow you to check Mega Charizard X without having to sac half your team to slowly rack up Fake Out damage. Thunder Wave on Celebi will allow you to check Mega Charizard X if you get it on the switch-in.
->

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass / Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Hope I helped!

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hi Tio Chico,
grats on your peak, I have a few suggestions to improve your team!

First of all, since Electric-types are a great problem for your team - especially mega manectric - you should replace Garchomp with Hippowdon in order to deal with them. Hippowdon will give you a solid answer against Charizard X and Talonflame and has a better longevity than Garchomp. Hippowdon sets Sandstorm which is cool to deal with Charizard Y when it has already mega-evolved, although you must be wary of Charizard Y.

After that, you should give Hoopa the following spread: this will allow it to OHKO Torn-t after stealth rock damage, 2hko on chansey and heatran with drain punch and HP EVs for LO number.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 32 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse

Hope I helped, good luck with your team

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Overview:

Hey, I agree with Tricking. Hippowdon is a great Pokemon for your team.
But you are extremely weak to Keldeo* and Charizard Y, with Hippowdon even more. They just kill a Pokemon on every free opportunity they get to attack.
You say that you use Hoopa as a Stall/Wallbreaker.
*(more to Specs, it is popular right now, i guess because there is more stall on the ladder)
Idea:
>

Latios@ Life Orb | Levitate
Timid 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Draco Meteor / Calm Mind / Roost / Psyshock
  • isn't as strong as Hoopa and has less coverage, but a Calm Mind set would still be a threat to stall and walls
  • provides an answer to the the two threats I mentioned
  • brings more resistances to the team (obvious, Hoopa has none)
  • can also help with Thundurus, which you mentioned in your threatlist
  • brings another ground immunity
  • finishes the Fairy/Steel/Dragon typing if Garchomp leaves
You can also try Surf instead of Roost, if you feel like breaking Skarmory, Tyranitar and Heatran is too hard.
Final overview:

Hope it helps. Grats on the peak, good luck !

PS: SpD is special defense, Spe is speed. People could get confused, like me in the beginning.

Last edited:
I've been testing the suggestions these days.

Thanks yuruuu Against more offensive teams and based on Water-moves, Celebi is very interesting with Thunder Wave. And Scarf Chomp really surprising in atual metagame.

Thanks Tricking Hippowdon really help this team.

Thanks shui3 CM Latios has higher Speed and helps enforce more offensive pressure, the set Calm Mind is excellent and surprising the opponent. I'm ranging from Hoopa-U and Latios between a fight and another.

More Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-271515437

Encore Lopunny is really good.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-271534581

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-271623114

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-271626329

Against Shedinja + Sableye.

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
nice matches, although I think you play too risky from time to time (just my opinion)
Encore Lopunny really caught tessy off guard and it is unexpected.
You can try to qualify for olt with it, since you beat Tesung who qualified for Olt as #4 ;p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)