The Card Faking Derby

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
Hello! With the weekly spriting contest undergoing some changes, I've picked up a new pointless hobby: Pokemon Card Faking.

The hobby is enjoyed by a relatively small proportion of people, so this my effort to spread the word and see if I can make this popular.

There are some simple rules:

• Cards can be made using Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, Paint.NET, etcetera. Any image editing program is fine.
  • You may enter a singular entry. No more.
  • Always and forever follow the guidelines of the theme. If it's a specific generation of cards, specific Pokemon type, whatever. If you don't your card will be disqualified.
  • Don't argue with the judge(s). This will likely get you disqualified.
  • Don't flame other user's entires. It's okay to not like their card, but keep your opinions to yourself.
  • Don't beg tobe a judge or beg to win. It won't work and will probably just piss people off.
  • Always give credit to the artist. It's probably not you.

This week's theme is 5th Generation Pokemon! You may use any blank or Pokemon type, as long as it was announced as a 5th generation pokemon.

Here are some resources and links: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=64358

I'm sending out a formal request for judge applications. PM me if you're interested.

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
You can find energy symbols near the bottom of the resource post link.

ghost

formerly goldenghost
LC Leader

Here's my entry. Is anybody going to enter? Come on, this stuff is fun.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Honestly, after getting back into the tcg myself, I may just give this a go haha. I have had a dusty old pic of Zekrom laying around I've been meaning to cg for some time now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)