The Close Combat Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering, since I MAY not be able to get the battle done with Alaka by Friday, so can we possibly get an extension to Monday?
EDIT: contacted Alaka yesterday.. no response yet.
EDIT:Still. No response. Bumped him ..bit nothing
EDIT: Yup. No response.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Badal is moving on through activity. I will give you guys a week to finish the semifinals, but hopefully you can finish it before then

Great game LinIsKorean, the tension was really thick for me waiting to find out if I hit myself or not.

I used:

Blissey - Heart Mail (Earlier in the tournament was a chople berry)
Bold - Natural Cure - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Toxic
Counter
Rest (Earlier in tournament was Softboiled)
Protect (Earlier in tournament was Seismic Toss)

This was an anti-typical strategies Blissey, with Mail to stop people from Tricking, Rest to stop toxic stall, Protect to scout, Counter for physical pokemon, and Toxic for special pokemon. After careful examination I decided that Mail, Rest, and Protect were more important then their replacements, as Chople just beats Infernape, a pokemon that I didn't expect to see much of with focus sash banned. Although I was a little worried about losing the instant recovery of softboiled, not losing to toxic ended up out weighing it's use in my opinion. And after a scare about mispredicting a mixed pokemon, I decided to use Protect instead of seismic toss, as I didn't expect to see many special steels or poison pokes in the tournament.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I got screwed over by hitting myself twice

CONGRATULATIONS FERROUSWHEEL!!!!!

I'll be doing my 3rd place battle soon

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Congrats Ferrouswheel!! I was a bit bummed to lose in the first round, but I'm happy that you went on to win the whole thing in the end! =)

After several times struggling to find a time to battle, we finally battled.

Anyways I beat badalcristiano.

gg man. That Mirror Coat/Counter tactic had me switching back and forth on my attacks. xP

Edit:

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Quiet - Inner Focus
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

I wanted something with Inner Focus to stop flinches. Dragonite was susceptible to Ice-type attacks so I used Yache Berry, ExtremeSpeed + attack picked off anything weak, and a mix set would prove hard to deal with against Counter/Mirror Coat strategies (which I had to deal with in my battle with badalcristiano and Ferrouswheel, I totally forgot about Counter and just went for it lol). Anyways it has proved me well. =]

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
lost to Itsuki.
gg tfp.
Thank you misclicks, you cost me a bunch of good mons :P

EDIT:
I used-

Swampert @ Rindo Berry
relaxed
252 HP/110 Atk/ 64 SpD / 84 Def/
~Counter
~Earthquake
~Mirror Coat
~Protect

Protect first to see what move my opponent would get locked into. Then Use counter/mirror coat. Earthquake makes sure you arent taunt bait, and can hit stuff that is weak to it. Rindo berry lets you survive unSTAB's grass attacks like infernape grass knot. Actually, with the given evs (my pert had a 30 iv in HP, if that makes a difference), swampert survives all attacks outside of STAB grass attacks. The defense evs let it survive a jolly LO breloom's spore because it got lazy and didnt spore first. The SpD evs let it surviv choice specs modest salamence draco meteor. The only attacks that kill it are STAB special grass attacks and modest Specs Porygon z Hyper beam. Protect lets it beat potential mixed attackers and slaking, whose giga impact KO's otherwise.

The only problem is sleep abusers, grass types, and stat uppers. And physical ghost types like shedinja who counter cant hit. Most special dark types aren't a problem (houndoom and spiritomb get beaten by EQ I think)
100% credit to coolking49 for his awesome pokémon creation for 1v1 that I used. Thank You coolking for letting me use it. The best part was that the pokémon I was using was on the first page of the 1v1 metagame thread.
Thank you Ditto for hosting... this was awesome fun! First time I reached semis 9.9

Congrats to Ferrouswheel, LinIsKorean, and Itsuki!

Don't forget to redeem your prizes by either VM'ing those who offered credits, or posting in their threads in Wi-Fi.

Gratz to you guys! Hopefully another one of these get's set up so I can actually not get flattened in the first round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)