The Dark Knight Rises (spoilers itt)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The true Robin in the film is the child who will eventually be born from Talia and Bruce's short romp in the film. At least that's what happens in the comics.

NO RULES IN BATMAN.

It was good to see Batman own Bane at the end.. could have finished him off if it wasn't for that tramp.

But yes.. a lot of shit didn't make sense once it was all said and done.. but it entertained me completely.. so all is well.

A lot of Bane's backstory made no fucking sense once we found out who that child was.

Just saw it. It was awesome. Thank jeebus this wasn't Spider Man 3. Only real problem with it is that Bane wasn't as good as the Joker. Though that's a good thing. I was just hoping he wasn't as silly as that other movie Bane. Without comparing him to the Joker, he was awesome and i guess crazy enough for this trilogy. In my opinion he was more intimidating than the Joker. Which makes me sad as i really would have liked to see these two characters interacting.

Anna Hathaway has always been beautiful. First time i found her hot. She was fine as Catwoman. She has a great smile too.

I never liked that Levit guy(after that god awful piece of trash 500 days of summer) but this movie actually has changed my mind. He's good looking enough, but i always found him a little too douche-y to be likable. Didn't get that feeling in this movie. So yeah i approve aswell.

Could not make out what Bane was saying a lot of the times. Which sucks and can't wait to watch with subtitles. Don't think i missed anything too important though. I did hate how he died though. LAAAAMMMEEE. Why does Scarecrow survive and not this guy?

Sad that this is the final one. I really would have liked to see what Nolan would have done with the rest of the villains. And again it makes me sad that the Joker can't come back... TDK Joker is THE Joker. Cannot ever be done again. Ever.

The Dark Knight was better than this one though. Yes mostly because of the Joker, but also because i liked the smaller(yet equally as important) stakes in the second one. At one point i thought i was watching Transformers Revenge of the Fallen(almost identical climax).

Lastly, Gary Oldman was awesome. Such a boring character made awesome by a great actor.

Lastly, Gary Oldman was awesome. Such a boring character made awesome by a great actor.

This. I've always thought Oldman's performances were under-appreciated. I absolutely loved every scene he did in this entire trilogy. Perfectly acted and he was portrayed very accurately thanks to Nolan.

This. I've always thought Oldman's performances were under-appreciated. I absolutely loved every scene he did in this entire trilogy. Perfectly acted and he was portrayed very accurately thanks to Nolan.
Agreed. I felt both him and Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent were vastly under-appreciated, despite giving among the best performances in the whole trilogy.

Honestly I thought Two-Face was just as good as the Joker.

This is still my favorite scene from the Dark Knight:

[youtube]dJma8pVAvH4[/youtube]

Also for those looking for the ending of the Dark Knight Rises, I found a really good version:

[youtube]F-x_NXtIGGY[/youtube]
(sorry if leaks aren't allowed, just delete the video then)

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
It was pretty ridiculous how the ending of this movie was the same as the ending of The Avengers. And this is supposed to be "realistic" Batman?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
And this is supposed to be "realistic" Batman?
I'm not a scientist, but I think that using a helicopter to fly a bomb over the ocean is a little more realistic than using a robot suit to redirect a missile into an alternate dimension.

I'm not a scientist, but I think that using a helicopter to fly a bomb over the ocean is a little more realistic than using a robot suit to redirect a missile into an alternate dimension.
It wasn't so much an alternate dimension, as it was a gate to quickly travel space. A.. Stargate.

That was a really good movie. But seriously, robin? -.- I kinda hate that actor too, he just bugs me for some reason. I was really hoping cat woman and the evil bitch would fight each other, that would have been a great scene.
If there is a fourth installment(I thought this was supposed to be the last one so it would make sense to kill batman) hopefully we'll see Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn.

That was a really good movie. But seriously, robin? -.- I kinda hate that actor too, he just bugs me for some reason. I was really hoping cat woman and the evil bitch would fight each other, that would have been a great scene.
If there is a fourth installment(I thought this was supposed to be the last one so it would make sense to kill batman) hopefully we'll see Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn.
Well you knew Robin was going to be slipped in somewhere eventually, remember Nolan was very against casting anyone directly as Robin so to me it was a nice subtle fanservice to everyone crying out for a Robin.

I hope there isn't a fourth one, if there is it'd likely not have either Nolan, Bale, or anyone in it. But for the heck of it, I always liked Mr. Freeze, I grew up with the animated series after all in the 90s where his story turns from a generic baddy in the comics into a villain with a compelling back story that the comics adapted as well (the series was also notable for creating Harley Quinn iirc). And even though the Arnold version tried keeping some of that in place, it was just way too corny and campy to be even remotely believable.

Or there's always the Penguin...lots of villains left. But just because a fourth movie is likely to be made for money doesn't mean it should be. Even Shrek had the sense to end at 4 movies and (for now) be only 4 movies despite the fact they could continue ad infinum and make money.

When I become King of the World I'm going to throw all you Joseph Gordon-Levitt haters on one island with nothing but salt, sand, and dry thorny rose bushes. Ill watch from afar as your cuts become full of salt and sand, irritating the shit out of you and eventually becoming infected.

You will all die a slow death.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is awesome.

Harley Quinn would be strange without the Joker.

Poison Ivy/Mr. Freeze would be cool, but seem like they would be hard to pull off in Nolan's realistic-ish Batman universe.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is awesome.

Harley Quinn would be strange without the Joker.

Poison Ivy/Mr. Freeze would be cool, but seem like they would be hard to pull off in Nolan's realistic-ish Batman universe.
That's why I bet Penguin would be badass. That dude can be just as diabolical as Joker and Bane.

Man that was fantastic.

But did anyone think before the twist ending that Catwoman would become Batwoman after Bruce dies or was that just me?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ivy as a bioterrorist could've been cool. Penguin could have played a cool parallel against Bruce Wayne, though another villain to play against Batman would be better. Joker repeat, or maybe like Deathstroke hired by Penguin could have worked. Or Solomon Grundy, though idk how you'd incorporate him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)