The Dark Knight Rises (spoilers itt)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I came to this thread because of the title. I am slightly disappointed that it does not relate to the subject matter being discussed.

I just got back from watching it. Great movie, definitely lived up to my expectations. I couldn't help from giggling internally at the end though.

I had this stuck in my head the entire time.

I saw the movie a few weeks ago with some friends and quite enjoyed it. Yeah, there are some parts that probably could have been done much better, but overall it was just about as good as TDK. Watching the flashbacks made me realize just how little I actually remembered about the first film in the trilogy, so I'm planning on watching that again soon. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors, and I think his portrayal of Batman has been the best out of all the previous Batman films (although his over-the-top, angry Batman Death Metal growl were at times a little comical). While I find Anne Hathaway to be a good actress, I find that her parts in TDK were a little out-of-place at points. I also didn't care for her headgear, but at least we got a few great shots of dat ass.

My favorite part of the film is when Deck Knight beat Bane in a nationally televised debate on the current human rights policies of our government. It really blew me away (edit: really didn't mean to make such a terrible bomb pun, sorry about that).

the best part about the movie was bane's coat

not to say the movie was bad or anything, it's just a fantastic coat

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
the best part about the movie was bane's coat

not to say the movie was bad or anything, it's just a fantastic coat
after a lengthy discussion between me and my brother, this is what we agreed on in full. the coat was fucking sweet.

as for me, after some thought, i would rank the 3 movies as such:

BB > TDK > TDKR.

yup, in order. TDKR had too many holes to be better than the other two but was still a fine movie in its own right.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really liked Bane's voice. Bear in mind I know fuck all about the comics so I don't know what's meant to be what but I thought Bane was really charismatic.

Also, can someone tell me what the fuck Scarecrow was doing in there? He just randomly appears as the judge.

Batman should've died for a better ending, but his surviving did make for a decent ending nonetheless, with the bit with him and Alfred at the start and end.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I thought she was Rachel Weisz the whole time. I figured though that if Rachel was in the movie that I'd have heard about it.

I really liked Bane's voice. Bear in mind I know fuck all about the comics so I don't know what's meant to be what but I thought Bane was really charismatic.

Also, can someone tell me what the fuck Scarecrow was doing in there? He just randomly appears as the judge.

Batman should've died for a better ending, but his surviving did make for a decent ending nonetheless, with the bit with him and Alfred at the start and end.
Well Scarecrow was locked up so it can be assumed he got out when Bane released the prisoners. Perhaps after realizing Cillian Murphy is awesome, Bane granted him judge out of admiration, respect, and all in all just recognizing him for being awesome?

Seriously though his cameo was hilarious, I remember my audience cracked up at "DEATH....by exile."

Saw this movie a while ago. I really liked it, but it was no where near the Dark Knight.

Even without the plot holes, I think TDK just had a better, scarier story. TDKR really followed Batman Begin's plot and at times I thought it was too similar. The whole 'Wayne industries produces a massive weapon that has to be kept under wraps, then gets stolen' and 'trap the police in a small area where they are useless' felt really similar to, albeit far more realistic than batman begins.

With respect to the ending, the whole movie led up to him surviving. The conversations with Lucius and Alfred at the start and the relationships with Kyle and Tate really foreshadowed his survival. Batman dying could have finished off the series perfectly well, but it would have needed stronger and quicker development of both Kyle and Blake to fill his boots. As far as I'm concerned, Wayne still needs to be alive to train Blake because Blake has hardly shown the skill or intelligence that a Batman would need.

I thought the film retrospectively showed how terrifying the Joker was in the Dark Knight, being able to executing a few public figures and by setting normal people against themselves, rather than rigging the entire city with explosives and an unstoppable nuclear bomb.

I'd still rate TDKR higher than Batman Begins just because the setting in the original really took away from the film. It was far too comic-like and took away from the immersion that made the two sequels.

I dunno, when I think Bane I think low and menacing, so his high-pitched voice to me was a bit off putting initially as I thought they stole Grievous's voice from Revenge of the Sith. Though that being said, it does grow on you and he is pretty charismatic with it. So overall, it wasn't bad I guess.

And I agree with everyone else, Bane's coat is boss, I would love to have such a coat. Though in a way to me it just further showed their attempts to hide Bane's physique in such a large and fabulous coat to make him appear bigger since the Bane in the comics was pretty massive.

Finally saw it yesterday. I never watched the previous movies in full (I know, shame on me), but I saw parts of them. I must say that Bane isn't quite The Joker, but he is still a pretty cool villain. The ending was pretty cool too; quite unexpected.

Don't follow the comics. Just getting that out the way.

So I watched this yesterday and right after batman gets shanked and we get the big plot twist, the power goes out -.-

Had to go back to the movies today to get the last 20 minutes. Very satisfied. Only (minor) complaint was relationships being rushed, but the movie was long enough so nothing really worth complaining about.

I guess Bane kind of had a cheap death, but in retrospect, I don't think there was any other way he could have been killed. If he dropped from a high distance, fell into freezing water, etc. people would have assumed he lived. And as was already mentioned, Batman won the fight so no complaints.

Fun fact: Christian Bale doesn't actually talk that deep when he's acting. During the editing phase they went back and made it deeper and more "menacing".

Saw it yesterday for the third time. It was still awesome. Still, i'm not sure i would pay to see it a fourth time anytime soon. Maybe in IMAX again. I could have easily watched The Dark Knight 5 times. So yeah it's not as good in my opinion. This time i sat really close to the screen(first time in the middle, second time in the back) and i realized Gordon had his ring during the movie. I thought his wife left him?

I think it's more that he still loves her, but he couldn't let go Gotham (even less after the two-face events) and so he decided to stay and fight the crime, and so she lefts him with their children, all for their safety, not because she doesn't love him

Also, this is such an amazing ending, my 12 year old self can finally rest in piece ater seing a Batman that finally gets a happy ending with Catwoman, seriously, it was so good (altough to be honest just a quick semi-smile from alred would have been better for a bit of teasing), and while Michelle Pfeiffer will always be my favorite catwoman, this places Anne in a close second, I just lived her

I honestly felt that Alfred NOT smiling at the end made it so much stronger ... it wasn't something he could express with a simple smile

I honestly felt that Alfred NOT smiling at the end made it so much stronger ... it wasn't something he could express with a simple smile
Hm, disagree. I feel that smile was needed to bring closure to the relationship between Bruce and Alfred. It shows that they're over their initial shaky relationship from the beginning of the movie and that they all forgive/love each other haha.

Besides, I was so heartbroken when Alfred cried, I needed him to smile one more time in the movie just so I could be at peace!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Besides, I was so heartbroken when Alfred cried, I needed him to smile one more time in the movie just so I could be at peace!
Me and my friends are all Christian Bale fanboys but we couldnt help but scream FUCK YOU when he made Alfred cry. Manly compassion tears were shed that day for Alfred.

Also when it seemed like Fox was going to drown we were like DONT YOU DARE LET MORGAN FREEMAN DIE. Thankfully it did not happen.

Batman isn't the epitome of realistic, but did anyone think that this one was PARTICULARLY far fetched? Like, an army of people living in the sewers? The whole thing about how they lived in Bane's lawless thing for months? The fact that Bane is like fucking 50 years old? I liked it, I mean Batman's awesome, but I really don't think it was anywhere near as good as TDK, and I don't even think it was as good as Batman Begins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)