The Doubles Open V - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Art by Bummer
Welcome to the third iteration of the Doubles Open
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here
  • Standard ORAS Doubles OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • ORAS cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
For planning purposes the following is the round schedule and it will be adhered to strictly

Jul 21: Signups
Jul 25: Round 1
Aug 4: Round 2
Aug 13: Round 3
Aug 22: Round 4
Aug 29: Round 5
Sep 5: Round 6
Sep 12: Round 7
Sep 19: Round 8

kamikaze Specific Hosting Rules
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible (preferably through Smogon VM's since I can check it). Make your scheduling absolutely clear by specifying specific time, day, and timezone if you want to be favored in activity decisions (Dont just be like "lets play Thursday afternoon")
  • If you contact with a method outside of smogon vm's then please post "contacted" in this thread so I am aware and wont sub you out
  • I will be doing regular activity sweeps so subs can be given the chance to play if there is an inactive user in any matchup so please do one of the above within the next couple days. First activity sweep will be within 72 hours of the round going up

Round 1 Pairings (courtesy of talkingtree)
Jets vs Croven
Euli94 vs Renny_
Dancii vs vakatalesau
Dominatio vs DTC
rocknrolljesus42 vs Ereje
Silverwhiteblue vs gorex
SoulWind vs Roseybear
Huston vs Kreme
Nido-Rus vs ForgottenOnes
Teamcali15 vs LJDarkrai
PDC vs Axel™
GrilledClawitzer vs Andromeda.
sugarhigh vs HJAD
ABR vs DennisEG
Isa vs amber lamps
Alice Kazumi vs Rhythms
Eternal Spirit vs z0mOG
BKC vs Anty
Lohgock vs PD
groudon518 vs BreloomMyHomie
Double01 vs -Tsunami-
Vert84 vs qwily
Hack vs Energy
kek123 vs Jarii
Accelgor vs Derk
marilli vs Dream Eater Gengar
Level 51 vs atomicllamas
benbe vs Asukara
Elegyy vs Threw
Manipulative vs MajorBowman
chimpact vs The Idiot Ninja
Serpi386 vs TUO
n10sit vs Marshall.Law
Nudisto vs Snowy.
Ice Tea vs tigerharvest
Haruno vs p2
Twixtry vs Sanjay.
Aramonia vs Calloflochie
Eien vs Crestfall
WhiteLion vs HaxED
Mix vs BlackBird
DestinyUnknown vs Lorda Floterchai
xXEricXx vs fatty
Villa vs Team Pokepals
CosmicLimit vs rozes
ggggd vs FLCL
Mael vs rnbs
Elise vs Jethalal
TSR vs Fireburn
HSA vs Cased
Mint16 vs Lolk
Mr.378 vs Haund
rssp1 vs TDK
Megazard vs MONNA LUSA
Hec vs DaAwesomeDude1
ScrubADabDab vs Clay Johnson
Camilas vs deoxys speed
Mishimono vs Yellow Paint
TraceofLife vs Robert Alfons
Nails vs thecrystalonix
fitzy72 vs Hairy Toenail
NaCl vs Solgaleo
leremyju vs WhiteQueen lol
Coconut. vs HANTSUKI
Tymano vs Improbable
passion vs Memoric
H-C vs Chez Minuit
soTsoT vs Tricking
Cheek Pouch vs Rodriblutar
Welli0u vs Star.
Leru vs Rare Poison
Confide vs Hikari
n1n1 vs Mysterious M
Brian12345 vs Peli
megaqwer:D vs Malekith
Sacri' vs Meru
xMarth vs GRAND EMPRESS
Gros orteil vs Bughouse
Nintendi vs Christo.
xzern vs tjdaas
Lunar. vs kamikaze17
Drop the R's vs Melle2402
Mambo vs Rafooa11
Euphonos vs sand1234
Matame vs Laurens
Teddeh vs darrell1297
ItsBaku vs BuzzkillAmpharos
shaian vs franiastar
prooo vs Berks
Sapientia vs NicoReaper
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo vs Gastrik
Kudasai vs Recci
Hogg vs Starmei
Finding True Love vs JabbaTheGriffin
-AFAR- vs Syncrasy
Vinc2612 vs Demantoid
Dawgie vs nLTk
Lord Outrage vs James Black
Kurukaito vs LSB
miltankmilk vs Lepros
nightcore vs rob.
Paraplegic vs Pearl
WSJ vs DragonWhale
Pohjis vs Heysup
Scalar vs Chill Shadow
Weegah vs Omfuga
Sae Sae vs Dark G
checkmater75 vs Cranham
FlamingVictini vs trash
GreenGogoatttt vs AM
blarajan vs cryalot
Lacus Clyne vs Impact
Pak vs Quite Quiet
Eyan vs Joshz
Foggi vs Quote
Yoda2798 vs obii
Mizuhime vs Arii Stella
toshimelonhead vs Real FV13
Level 56 vs ZoroarkForever
North vs iBaneful
Stallion vs Champ‡Xmaster
SamVGC vs praj.pran
PasY_G vs blinkboy
pythonSL vs Oma
Terraquaza vs RedMaxx
rural vs FloristtheBudew
Lord Ninjax vs Stax
ClaimingRobin vs Sam-testings

DEADLINE IS AUGUST 3RD 11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4)

Highlight Matches

Lunar. vs kamikaze17
This was the immediate highlight match that really stuck out to me, and it just happens to be my own. I regularly play Lunar in Top Cut at events in my local VGC scene and he is a strong player who has also played in Doubles OU in the past, including in SPL. He was one of the guys I hoped would get far but looks like one of our roads will end Round 1.

n10sit vs Scythe.
This is a battle between a Doubles Main and former Grand Slam playoff qualifier who has demonstrated his ability to play multiple lower tiers. We will see if knowledge in the tier or experience grown from playing multiple tiers prevails.

Last edited:
Contacted. The guy hasn't been on since Friday and seems inactive in general so hopefully I can catch him and play

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Will contact over skype no subberino pls

If i look inactive its because im on vacation

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
We're in contact.

Everytime I go to these opens these highlight matches suck. Here are the true highlight matches in my eyes.

ABR vs DennisEG - ABR King of the counterteamers vs DennisEG the bullfighter. ABR won't be able to CT his way out of this one but don't count him out, the Jewish Star might grant him luck.

Double01 vs -Tsunami - As long as Swagger is around and a slight possibility to use Baton Pass Tsunami will win.

kek123 vs Jarii - This guy Jarii is so bad he couldn't even get kek's name right when asked who he is playing. Hope he gets jarii'd

Haruno vs p2 - King of Bunnies vs King of Pikmin, unfortunately for p2 Pikmin wont be by his side. Snack for Haruno.

rssp1 vs TDK - You ever see a Rufflet and a Moogle fight to the death? Well if you havent brace yourselves cause this is exactly it. rssp1 is gonna try to play really well while TDK shows his true capabilities in doubles by making the most "suboptimal" play and getting rewarded for it. All hail the OU Leader.

Hec vs DaAwesomeDude1 - DaAwesomeDude1 in his DLT run defeated Papi in a glorious match the only time we met so he's basically top 5 doubles player now.

leremyju vs WhiteQueen -

Euphonos vs sand1234 - Euphonos let me just save you the trouble of announcing that Twinkie you will call a match. "Catch Euphonos in a room where King UU is a mod making 10 Moltres teams at some random ass time to watch me play Doubles while assuring you that there is nothing less exhilarating than watching me!!!!"

nightcore vs rob. - robs gonna come in all weird thinking he's pulling some top 3 dub level plays only to realize a week later that he was just clicking random buttons then complain how kanga is broken with a big LOL mixed in with his after game commentary.

Weegah vs Omfuga - Can now focus his time on Dubs Open after being defeated in UU Open by what appears to be no STAB Salamence. I'll root for fuga though cause weegah is kind of dung.

GreenGogoatttt vs AM - AM is the garbage that's left after the Garbage man grabs your garbage. He just stays in that dumpster being trash. If AM doesn't transform to Papi he stands no chance.

Mizuhime vs Arii Stella - I just want Arii to win lol

Eyan vs Joshz - Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)