SM OU The Dreaded Cone (Co-Built by Mistress Remilia) (Peaked 1034)

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS

The Dreaded Cone
Alright so what we got here to today is The Dreaded Cone which was recommended by and co-built by Mistress Remilia. This would've been a normal team but the master of heat had to come upon me with the above video. Not only did this inspire the Celesteela, but she also recommended some other things as well, which you will clearly see what they are soon ;).

Alright so what we got first up is this hot Celesteela. Originally, I planned on doing something completely different than what this team is, aka, not doing anything at all. However, the lord Cone had different plans for me today. This is The Dreaded Cone, the lead man of the squad. Like the name suggested, it is a dreaded cone. It literally takes teams. This thing is the first thing I added to the team, and wanted to add some things to support it. But, I suppose there were other plans in store.

Speaking of flames, next up we have Mega Charizard Y. This team needed a wall breaker, and this is the one I chose, mainly because I needed a good core, and if anyone knows anything about this game you'd know the next Pokemon ;). This also kind of compliments Celesteela as it takes care of those bulky Waters that Celesteela doesn't like to go up against like Fini and Suicune. Overall though, this was put on to do damage.

Here is Charizard's prime partner, Tyranitar. This core doesn't really need to be explained, and what they do for each other, as it's kind of clear. Tyranitar takes care of things like Chansey and Latios for Charizard, and at that point Zard takes care of everything else. Simple, but powerful. Tyranitar also helps out Celesteela by being able to take on those Fire types it doesn't like as well. It's also just a very powerful addition to the team in general. Now, onto the memes.

This is the secondary bulk to the team. While not really a meme, it's certainly an odd addition in my opinion. Basically, this is there to get up rocks, soak up hits, and recover HP all in the process. Not much else to it.

Now, this is what I call a meme. This thing is a hard-hitter, and a really bad Excadrill. If it was up to me, this would be Excadrill, but hell, it wouldn't be a Mistress Remilia team with at least one meme Pokemon. Regardless, this Pokemon actually does something by being a nice spinner and a previously mentioned hard hitter. It also helps the final Pokemon by not getting rid of the hazards it sets up ;).

You may notice that this team is slow. Like, really slow. That's where this thing comes in with it's Sticky Webs to "improve" the speed of the team. The only issue with this strategy is Tapu Fini and the ever-rare Rapid Spin Pheromosa. But guess what: Tapu Fini isn't a problem when I have STAB Thunder. So, don't be too worried about that while using this team.

The Sets
Next up here we have the sets. I'm not going to give a huge explanation for these but it's something (I would put nice sprites in here but formatting them proved to be difficult so no sprites.)
The Dreaded Cone (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower​

Alright so this set here looks very standard. That's because it is. Most of the sets on this team are. Leech Seed for prime stalling and extra recovery, Protect to easily get that recovery, Heavy Slam for STAB and to hit prominent tier threats like Tapu Lele, and Flamethrower to hit those other Steel types that wall Celesteela like Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn.​
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Dance​

This set is a meme set that I made myself. I'm sure it's been used in the past, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Dragon Dance is basically there for speed, the rest of the set is really standard. Like previously mentioned, this thing breaks walls and removes common threats from the tier. Fire Blast for those grass types like Bulu and Ferrothorn, Solar Beam to blow Fapu Tini to the next dimension, and Focus Blast to send Heatran to the shadow realm.​

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
This thing is absolute power. With the move Pursuit, it can trap top threats like Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko, both of which fear Crunch and Stone Edge respectively. Speaking of Crunch and Stone Edge, those are Tyranitar's STABs which both have relatively high BP and hit everything in the tier hard. Superpower is there to hit Chansey and Ferrothorn, as well as some other Steels. All in all, Tyranitar becomes a great addition to the team with this set. And oh, I forgot to mention, it has Choice Band to hit insanely hard.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Aromatherapy​

This thing soaks too many hits. With it's high HP and Soft-Boiled, you'll rarely get a chance to defeat it. I was debating using Thunder Wave over Aromatherapy, however, I decided Aromatherapy was best because if some of our Pokemon get statused, they become completely useless. With this team's low speed, paralysis is also very, very bad, so having a way to remove that is very important for the team's success. Seismic Toss is a given move to do little, but chip damage, which can even be deadly if you aren't careful, and with Stealth Rock, you get to "sling up them rocks" like CTC would say, doing chip damage and breaking sashes around the world. All in all, Chansey is very important to the team.

Donphan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard​

This terrible Pokemon is this team's way of removing hazards. Not only that, but surprisingly, it hits very hard, with 483 attack if you were to count the LO boost. It's also a very tech set thanks to my chosen ability Sand Veil, which is free evasiveness thanks to Tyranitar's Sand Stream. EQ for STAB, Stone Edge to hit Flying types, and Ice Shard to hit almost-dead Flying types. Overall, Donphan is decent, but a nice addition to the team.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Alright so this thing is here for one and one thing only: Setting up webs. This team is really slow, so webs are really necessary for this team. Now, I know what you are thinking: What about Fini? Well, if you didn't see that powerful move right there, it's called Thunder. A base 120 Electric move. But what about the accuracy? That's where Compound Eyes comes in. It makes Thunder 91% accurate. Sure, it's basically an Electric special HJK, but there's no recoil if you miss ;). All in all, Galvantula is a crucial addition to the team.

Conclusion
In conclusion, this is a really bad team. Obviously, this isn't meant to be taken seriously at all but it was really fun to build and post. I hope you all enjoy (Importable is at the bottom), and shout outs to Mistress Remilia for co-building and giving me the whole idea of the team with The Dreaded Cone. I'll take my leave now :D and I hope this doesn't get locked.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Aromatherapy

Donphan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Dance

Oh yeah and I need to make shout outs

Last edited:

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi cool team. This team seems kinda odd since there is a few mons from offense, and a few mons from stall, so im going to rate with the general idea of bulky offense for this team. The biggest threat to this team by far is sd rockium z landorus-t, especially since galvantula doesn't have hp ice. After one Swords Dance it ohkos everything, and after a rock polish (which it can easily do on chansey meaning that if you have both celesteela and charizard you have to play a 50/50 whether you go celesteela on the rp, or charizard on the sd) it pretty much just wins. It's also worth to note that Mega Pinsir could be a huge issue especially since it has the ability to 2hko celesteela after a swords dance, and ohko everything else with return or quick attack. At this point, your only real counterplay to this is keeping donphan at full which is very hard due to life orb recoil, and the lack of recovery. With this being said, here are my suggested changes.

-->
Addressing Landorus-T, adding your own Landorus-T could help with it a lot. While it doesn't take a +2 CC after rocks, it can pressure it from setting up a swords dance, and even beat it 1v1 if landorus-t switches into say an Earthquake, or Rock Polish. Also if they decide to waste the CC on celesteela that means Landorus-T completely beats it 1v1. Lando-T is also a great Stealth Rocker which can check threatening ground types such as Garchomp, and Excadrill, while also giving you a possible free switch to zardy/ttar via u-turn. This also gives you a way to weaken mega pinsir and prevent it from setting up with rocky helmet + stealth rock + hp ice. The main con this brings is it gives you with a lack of hazard control which is very much needed on a team with charizard, while also making you lose out on priority. Since I gave you another way to deal with hazards, that won't be too much to miss, but the loss on priority means that you have to play around things like qd pheromosa smarter with celesteela/zard and also keep sand turns up to break its sash.

-->
With the removal of hazard control, finding a new one was key and I think Excadrill works well. Firstly, Excadrill provides you with a way of beating Mega Pinsir in sand, which this team really had nothing for since it's super hard for celesteela to beat mega pinsir 1v1. You also said this team is really slow, and Excadrill in sand hits incredible speed even outspeeding a choice scarf pheromosa in sand. Sticky Webs isn't really needed for this team in my opinion with the abundant amount of finis and excadrills running around. You also don't really need speed on this team since its meant to be bulky offense, and be able to take hits and pivot around rather than outspeed everything at kill it.

Also you can change SR on Chansey to Thunder Wave if you're worried about speed, or Toxic.
Make Tyranitar max speed to be able to outspeed things like Rotom-Wash, Mega Venusaur and pretty much anything below 220 speed.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Dance

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Hi cool team. This team seems kinda odd since there is a few mons from offense, and a few mons from stall, so im going to rate with the general idea of bulky offense for this team. The biggest threat to this team by far is sd rockium z landorus-t, especially since galvantula doesn't have hp ice. After one Swords Dance it ohkos everything, and after a rock polish (which it can easily do on chansey meaning that if you have both celesteela and charizard you have to play a 50/50 whether you go celesteela on the rp, or charizard on the sd) it pretty much just wins. It's also worth to note that Mega Pinsir could be a huge issue especially since it has the ability to 2hko celesteela after a swords dance, and ohko everything else with return or quick attack. At this point, your only real counterplay to this is keeping donphan at full which is very hard due to life orb recoil, and the lack of recovery. With this being said, here are my suggested changes.

-->
Addressing Landorus-T, adding your own Landorus-T could help with it a lot. While it doesn't take a +2 CC after rocks, it can pressure it from setting up a swords dance, and even beat it 1v1 if landorus-t switches into say an Earthquake, or Rock Polish. Also if they decide to waste the CC on celesteela that means Landorus-T completely beats it 1v1. Lando-T is also a great Stealth Rocker which can check threatening ground types such as Garchomp, and Excadrill, while also giving you a possible free switch to zardy/ttar via u-turn. This also gives you a way to weaken mega pinsir and prevent it from setting up with rocky helmet + stealth rock + hp ice. The main con this brings is it gives you with a lack of hazard control which is very much needed on a team with charizard, while also making you lose out on priority. Since I gave you another way to deal with hazards, that won't be too much to miss, but the loss on priority means that you have to play around things like qd pheromosa smarter with celesteela/zard and also keep sand turns up to break its sash.

-->
With the removal of hazard control, finding a new one was key and I think Excadrill works well. Firstly, Excadrill provides you with a way of beating Mega Pinsir in sand, which this team really had nothing for since it's super hard for celesteela to beat mega pinsir 1v1. You also said this team is really slow, and Excadrill in sand hits incredible speed even outspeeding a choice scarf pheromosa in sand. Sticky Webs isn't really needed for this team in my opinion with the abundant amount of finis and excadrills running around. You also don't really need speed on this team since its meant to be bulky offense, and be able to take hits and pivot around rather than outspeed everything at kill it.

Also you can change SR on Chansey to Thunder Wave if you're worried about speed, or Toxic.
Make Tyranitar max speed to be able to outspeed things like Rotom-Wash, Mega Venusaur and pretty much anything below 220 speed.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Dance
Thanks for the feedback! But, this is a meme my friend, it's supposed to be as horrible as it is. But, I'll definitely make a team using the suggestions you gave me!

Thanks for the feedback! But, this is a meme my friend, it's supposed to be as horrible as it is. But, I'll definitely make a team using the suggestions you gave me!
Hey, I'm not rating here, I am just saying: why put a team on smogons RMT forum if it's a joke team? Why not post your competitive team?

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Hey, I'm not rating here, I am just saying: why put a team on smogons RMT forum if it's a joke team? Why not post your competitive team?
It was something I was asked to do. But honestly, I should probably post more competitive teams haha.

You should be using Flame Charge in the place of Dragon Dance for chip damage on Zard-Y, or Dragon Dance with EQ over Focus Blast to reck Heatran (with Fire Blast already covering almost all other steels).

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
You should be using Flame Charge in the place of Dragon Dance for chip damage on Zard-Y, or Dragon Dance with EQ over Focus Blast to reck Heatran (with Fire Blast already covering almost all other steels).
Ah, the memelord himself! I'll definitely take those into consideration, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)