ORAS OU The Dream Team (Peaked 1642)

Where are you from?

• Total voters

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Hello I'm AD impish john and this is my 7th RMT, and wow thats alot. As a joke the question of this RMT is a reference from 3rd gen the Hoenn region. I hope you enjoy this RMT and have fun using it if you do :] I have also won a tour with this team and here is proof: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-224204393

I wanted to build a team around mega gardevoir as never have used it.
Bisharp makes the Gardevoir Bisharp core.
I wanted a fighting type that wasn't to common.
I needed a SRer so I chose garchomp.
I wanted a water type that can sweep so manaphy fit well.
Raikou was chosen as I was electric type weak.
Mega Gardevoir wasn't working as i wanted so I changed it to Mega Diancie as it is a faster stronger mega.
Hawlucha was getting hard to use as it kept on getting killed easy so Talon fit as the best flying type replacement.
Latias was working better as I counter Mega Manectric and keldeo as well being a defogger.

The Dream Team:

Sparkl3y (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Mega Diancie as my Mega Gardevoir replacement is faster and stronger. This queen of beauty knows how to battle. Moonblast is Diancie's fairy move and is for dark dragon and fighting types. Diamond Storm Diancie's signature move is useful with its typing as STAB and has a 50% of raising defense which is helpful with its low defense stat. Earth Power is a great coverage move for steel types such as Bisharp Magnezone and much more. (Skarmory is a pain tho) Protect is a move to keep Diancie safe to get stats boosted and is helpful with scouting. I made her EV's max speed to out speed most pokemon and Max Sp Atk to get a kill with a hit.

Sucker Lunch (Bisharp) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

The chess piece of Pokemon is very dangerous to deal with as it can Sucker Punch or Pursuit making you think your making the wrong choice. Sucker Punch is a no brainer with Bisharp and makes Bisharp known what it does. Knock off is to get rid of Pokemons items making it helpful in battle. Iron Head is useful this gen because of Fairy types being everywhere now and is STAB. Pursuit is used to trap psychic types such as the Lati's that think they can switch out safetly. EV Spread is to out speed most fairy types and being a powerful beast in attack. Defiant gets +2 attack when a stat is dropped making it a little sweeper. Assualt Vest makes Bisharp Bulky to live a hit from the Lati's.

Toon Linked (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Chica the chicken joins the team by being a replacement for Hawlucha. This smogon bird with no skill to use, has great usage and can sweep teams. Before you say anything else like why leftovers on Talon let me explain. Sp Def Talon is used common with the item leftovers so I gave it leftovers to trick the opponent while giving Talon a small amount of recovery. Brave Bird is STAB which is great with its HA Gale Wings making it always go first. Flare Blitz is like Brave Bird taking an amount of recoil. SD is for raising Talons atk to sweep teams. The EV spread is Max Atk to much damage as possible and Max Speed to out speed everything speed tied at 350 and higher such as Thundy.

Reverb (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
-Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Tank Garchomp has spiked in usage and there is no suprised as it is good in battles. Earthquake is STAB and does a lot of damage but sadly no secondary effects. Toxic is to cripple Stall such as Quagsire, Hippodown and Seismitoad which can shut down the team. As my Stealth Rocker he needs to be bulky to live a hit, so I made him max HP and max defense. Since He is bulky enough rocky helmet would be a nice to Item to have since it does 25% of health to those that touch it, not even including attack damage from Garchomp. Dragon Tail works alot like Whirlind and Roar making the opponent switch mons but with a cost of always going last, but unlike the two Dragon Tail does damage while making the opponent switch out, its like a little bonus.

Team Pokepals (Manaphy) @ Leftovers Ability: Hydration
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 148 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

"Aww look its so cute it can't do much to my team" if you thought that battling this your dead wrong. Tail Glow is Manaphy sweeping move to destroy teams with ease giving it +2.5 special attack. Scald is a water type move that can burn the opponent which can change the battle. Ice Beam is for Dragons that dont get in manaphys way. Energy Ball is for Rotom-W which walls manaphy. I made its EV set Bulky to take hits and to sweep as well. Leftovers is manaphy's recovery when it takes a hit.

Frozen Cold (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Latias flew into battle when Raikou was tired on this team. Its very Standard Latias but it works better as I have a Keldeo Counter and Walls Mega Manectric a threat to the team as I also get a defogger since I have Talon on the team. Healing Wish is a sacrificing move to make one of my mons full health while getting rid of there status as well. Psyshock is STAB and hits Defense and not Special Defense. Draco Meteor is Max Damage and is STAB with a cost of -2 Sp Atk.

Team Pokepals: Friend on Smogon
Reverb: Cool guy
Sparkl3y: Come Back Soon ;~;
Toon Linked: Lonk
Sucker Lunch: Pinsir FTW
FrozenCold: sips 7up

Mega Charizard is the biggest threat as if it sets up a Dragon Dance its a 6-0
The same reason like Charizard X
Very Rare but once it has a Speed Boost it can Sweep my team once Manaphy is weak

Sparkl3y (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Sucker Lunch (Bisharp) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Toon Linked (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Reverb (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Frozen Cold (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Team Pokepals (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 148 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Last edited:
Hey, great team you got there. Just a minor suggestion, but change the EVs for Raikou to 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 232 Spe. You outspeed pretty much everything besides Talonflame, Hawlucha, Weavile, Starmie, and Choice Scarf Users. Starmie won't stay in on you so putting some bulk into Sp.Def helps.

EDIT: Also, run Focus Blast > Hidden Power Fire on Mega Gardevoir. You get walled by Heatran and HP Fire doesn't really help, since Scizor already takes lots of damage from Hyper Voice and you have defensive Garchomp with Fire Blast and Rocky Helmet to take care of Scizor.

Last edited:
Pretty nice team! I really like mega gardevoir althoigh i've never really used it. As you've said, weavile and megagross can poke holes in your team. to help this, you could always try out using a calm mind rest talk suicune set. I've seen it just stall teams to oblivion. You have to somewhat worry about knock off from weavile and grass knot from megagross, but otherwise you could just calm mind or rest up. You could also try out either a choice band or swords dance talonflame, as the combination of brave bird and flare blitz can help to take down weavile and megagross. I'd have no idea who you would replace, but its just a suggestion after all. Hope I helped! :]

I think focus blast > hp fire on m gard. By using Hp fire, your speed is actually 327, not 328. There are a lot of pokemon in the 328 (100 speed bst) so I don't know if you really want to lose that speed. FB also let you hit heatran. You have willo for scizors anyway.
Another thing I noticed is that your team is really mega altaria weak, after a d dance, m alt can sweep your team. I don't exactly know how to fix this though... maybe spdef talonflame? (but then you need hazard removal support.)
Kind of busy, will post more thoughts later.

I think that your team has great versatility and great coverage, but my concern is the fact that you don't acquire a defogger/spinner on your dream team. Also, you could also consider containing Life Orb on bisharp to not only boost the dark moves, but also Iron Head to hit other pokemon harder that resist dark and are neutral to steel offense. Also, make sure that you're quite conservative with Mega-Gardevoir as it doesn't obtain the great amount of speed to battle against its threats that outspeed gardevoir itself, but it is great to fend off both the latios/latias twins.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
I think that your team has great versatility and great coverage, but my concern is the fact that you don't acquire a defogger/spinner on your dream team. Also, you could also consider containing Life Orb on bisharp to not only boost the dark moves, but also Iron Head to hit other pokemon harder that resist dark and are neutral to steel offense. Also, make sure that you're quite conservative with Mega-Gardevoir as it doesn't obtain the great amount of speed to battle against its threats that outspeed gardevoir itself, but it is great to fend off both the latios/latias twins.
3/4 of his moves are dark type, so since he uses mostly dark type moves, Blackglasses would be a better choice. Iron Head will probably be used on Fairy types, and they aren't the best at taking it, so there's no need to take 10% when you can use an item to boost the moves you use the most.

You AD. Your seventh rmt........wow just shoes how long I've been away. Well anyway here are my thoughts. As everyone above says, focus blast will be alot more useful. But you can never win a 1v1 against either heatran or scizor with gardevoir. Heatran maybe. Since chomp is your lead, I would recommend changing rocky helmet to sash. This will let you set up SR without a hitch. Another option would be to run lum berry. Blackglasses is the best item for bisharp but I would ask you to switch pursuit for low kick. This will help against ttar and other bisharp in case Hawlucha is out.

Hope I helped glhf battling :)

Sup fren! Cool team and gratz on your tourney victory! But I think a few adjustments would improve your team:
First off, Hawlucha. Your Hawlucha is maxed in speed, but all that allows that Hawlucho to do is outspeed Zebstrika and Whimsicott (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/stat/speed.shtml). I made it so that the EVs allows you to creep Starmie and Raikou. And about the HP EVs, don't worry, the number is divisible by 4. The 12 EVs in Def can go in SpD, or a combination of the two, dunno.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Limber
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Second off, Garchomp, you should use this set I have. It allows you to deal with Breloom better, pain in the butt for your suqad, like it is with most. Dumb shroom... an annoying problem for your team, and also with the EVs you'll be able to outspeed other defensive Chomps.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Third off (last one, lol), you should make it so you special attackers have 0 IVs in Attack, so they take less damage from Foul Play and confusion. Its like when you put on boxing gloves so when you punch yourself in the face you bleed less.

Well again cool team and best of luck with it.

PS Thanks for the like fren ;]

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Sorry I haven't said anything I've been really busy with school and other things.

Yes I'm testing Focus Miss Blast and I maybe replace it with HP fire.

Pretty nice team! I really like mega gardevoir althoigh i've never really used it. As you've said, weavile and megagross can poke holes in your team. to help this, you could always try out using a calm mind rest talk suicune set. I've seen it just stall teams to oblivion. You have to somewhat worry about knock off from weavile and grass knot from megagross, but otherwise you could just calm mind or rest up. You could also try out either a choice band or swords dance talonflame, as the combination of brave bird and flare blitz can help to take down weavile and megagross. I'd have no idea who you would replace, but its just a suggestion after all. Hope I helped! :]
Maybe I'll replace Hawlucha but Idk I'll test it.

Sup fren! Cool team and gratz on your tourney victory! But I think a few adjustments would improve your team:

First off, Hawlucha. Your Hawlucha is maxed in speed, but all that allows that Hawlucho to do is outspeed Zebstrika and Whimsicott (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/stat/speed.shtml). I made is so the EVs that allows you to creep Starmie and Raikou. And about the HP EVs, don't worry, the number is divisible by 4. The 12 EVs in Def can go in SpD, or a combination of the two, dunno.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Limber
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Second off, Garchomp, you should use this set I have. It allows you to deal with Breloom better, pain in the fuqin azz for yurr suqad, liek it is with most, dumb fuqin shroom an annoying problem for your team, and also with the EVs you'll be able to outspeed other defensive Chomps.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Third off (last one, lol), you should make it so you special attackers have 0 IVs in Attack, so they take less damage from Foul Play and confusion. Its like when you put on boxing gloves so when you punch yourself in the face you bleed less.

Well again cool team and best of luck with it.

PS Thanks for the like fren ;]
Thnx I'm changing it.

Minor update:

After play the team I'm thinking of replacing Hawlucha and maybe Bisharp as well. If anyone has Idea say them now plz :]
I'd personally replace hawlucha since i tend to find that it is outclassed by certain other pokes (talonflame for the flying part, conkeldurr for the fighting part, etc) I dunno about replacing bisharp though. However, it's one of my personal favorites, so i may be a bit biased on that. I guess if you really want to replace it, choice scarf jirachi could always work to help take down fairies. I think that bisharp would be better for this team though.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
I like the idea of bluffing stallbreaker Talonflame. On Talonflame I suggest running a Jolly > Adamant to outspeed Raikou and Thundurus so you can hit them with Flare Blitz. This lets you outspeed the OU tier and even lets you outspeed some scarfed users such as T-Tar. I think running 180 EV in Speed, 252 Attack, and 76 in HP should work because this lets Talonflame to have some bulk to take on Mega Altaria. I am still working on finding threats for the team, so I hope these changes will help in the mean time ^_^

192+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 134-158 (45.1 - 53.1%) -- 32% chance to 2HKO

192+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 134-158 (42.4 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Really solid team mate. I love it. I'm not going to read all the other comments cause I'm a lazy jerk, but here goes.

I haven't played this team but it really seems like it would struggle with stall. Yeah Diancie helps but a well built stall team is gonna wear that girl down and have it's way with your team. The way I see it you have two options to deal with that -- Stallbeaker talonflame or Rain Dance + TG Manaphy. The Smogon sets are good as far as I know; and you don't need SD on Talonflame because M Sableye is hard-countered by Diancie.

I would recommend Stallbreaker Talonflame because it is better at dealing with Mega Altaria, which looks to be a problem for your team. It also makes Rock Polish Landorus less of a problem because it can tank Special Attacks; and keeps Unaware CM Clefable from sweeping in the late game. Yeah I would definitely use stallbreaker. Even with this change I would still prefer Rain Dance on Manaphy but that's just a personal preference.

Keldeo is a huge problem, particularly if Thundurus is on the team as well; as that puts enormous strain on Raikou. I can't think of any way to remedy this without reworking the team though, so I guess you'll just have to be good at choosing which mons to sack.

Nothing else pops out at me; this is definitely an excellent team mate. Hope I could help

~Scr3d

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Really solid team mate. I love it. I'm not going to read all the other comments cause I'm a lazy jerk, but here goes.

I haven't played this team but it really seems like it would struggle with stall. Yeah Diancie helps but a well built stall team is gonna wear that girl down and have it's way with your team. The way I see it you have two options to deal with that -- Stallbeaker talonflame or Rain Dance + TG Manaphy. The Smogon sets are good as far as I know; and you don't need SD on Talonflame because M Sableye is hard-countered by Diancie.

I would recommend Stallbreaker Talonflame because it is better at dealing with Mega Altaria, which looks to be a problem for your team. It also makes Rock Polish Landorus less of a problem because it can tank Special Attacks; and keeps Unaware CM Clefable from sweeping in the late game. Yeah I would definitely use stallbreaker. Even with this change I would still prefer Rain Dance on Manaphy but that's just a personal preference.

Keldeo is a huge problem, particularly if Thundurus is on the team as well; as that puts enormous strain on Raikou. I can't think of any way to remedy this without reworking the team though, so I guess you'll just have to be good at choosing which mons to sack.

Nothing else pops out at me; this is definitely an excellent team mate. Hope I could help

~Scr3d
Thnx for rating everything means alot :] Stall is always a pain for every team and it is hard to beat, the best way and only way to beat it is with luck/hax. RP Lando-I is a threat to any team and I need to keep Manaphy and Talonflame alive to atleast kill it. I can see how Altaria is a threat (still) as I need Talon alive too. Keldeo hasn't been a big threat really as Raikou can take Keldeo's attacks and Manaphy can hit it with an energy ball and take a hit thnx to its EV Bulk. I'll try Stall Breaker Talon to see how it works out, and I'll also try Weavile as well to counter Alt.

styie

Formerly known as Freedom.
Okay looking at your team I noticed something that your team is lacking:

• A Defogger or Spinner
This is really necessary to have due to you being 4x Weak to rock with talonflame.
when I used to make teams that didn't have defog or rapid spin and test them, I always thought in my head "I don't need a spinner/defogger I'll just pressure them by using SR and I'll force them to Defog/Spin" well in most cases (not all) that doesn't really work. An experienced player would look at your team and get stealth rock up as soon as possible because you're weak to rocks and you have no defog/spinner.

I don't know how much of a threat BD Azumarill is to your team because you do have Helmet Chomp, but what happens if that dies? These are just thoughts, I know you have talonflame with priority Brave Bird but if Talonflame is dead, and Garchomp is weakened to the point where it can BD and aqua jet I think you lose if not, you lose a couple mons. But don't really worry about this problem because of how much Priority you have. Sucker Punch, Brave Bird etc. but keldeo is legit a problem, absolutely nothing on your team wants to switch-in to keldeo. Looking farther in your team I found Lando-I dents your team a little bit so I was thinking adding a Latias to alleviate these problems. Not only does your team get so much more support and backbone with it having Defog, it would also help against your keldeo problem and a last ditch effort to Lando-I depending on it's set.

Try This Latios Set:

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Now, I personally don't like using Max HP/Def Helmet Chomp, I prefer using this set and I'll get into detail why. Here try This:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

I personally prefer using this EV Spread because The EV spread gives Garchomp the Special Defense needed to survive powerful hits from Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Landorus, Gengar, Keldeo, and Mega Diancie, while still retaining the optimum amount of physical bulk. The Speed EVs enable Garchomp to outspeed neutral-natured base 70 Speed Pokemon such as Bisharp and Breloom, as well as Jolly Tyranitar. However, an alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe can be used to outspeed Jolly Bisharp, which is critical against Swords Dance variants, as a +2 Sucker Punch will never OHKO Garchomp, which KOes it back with Earthquake. These EVs are totally under your control on whether or not you want to run them, they're my personal preference and help me out a lot.

Now onto your raikou. I love Assualt Vest Raikou but if you're looking for more bulk on raikou I personally use this set:

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory / Shadow Ball

Again it's totally up to you, but this set/EV Spread helps a lot.

Let me get into detail on why I use those EVs.

The EVs provide enough Speed to outrun Thundurus and give Raikou a good enough damage output, with the rest in Special Defense to get a bit more special bulk out of the Assault Vest. Maximum Speed can be run to tie with Starmie, but it isn't common enough to be worth sacrificing bulk that comes in handy against threats such as Gengar. Also, I don't think a Starmie has much reasoning to stay in on an AV Raikou.

Anyways, that was my rate, and I hope you enjoyed it. Good luck!

Hope I helped :]

You should also add toxic as we suggested on Garchomp, bulky ground such as hippowdon / Seismitoad / Quagsir can be annoying for your team due to your lack of solid answer.

Hey, good stuff! A well played Ferrothorn + Heatran Core looks like it can trouble your team a lot. HP [Fire] over Engery Ball on Manaphy is a great way to crush them both and helps Diancie and Talonflame. Wacan Berry over Lefties also looks like a good addition, because Raikou and M-Manectric are - like pointed out - big threads to your team.

Some things to consider :]

Have a nice day

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man nice offensive team, i didnt found a really big threat for ur team but i think ur team struggle a bit against electric types in general, and also u have very limited switch ins for keldeo, being the latias the only one so
  • First i replace Hippowdon > Bulky Chomp, Hippo gives u the same roll that garchomp and more reliable due to slack off, check every physical type attacker bar Scizor SD wich is check by talonflame, this mon relieve ur struggle against electric types.
  • And second i was thinking and put Recover on Latias over Defog but is iffy because Diancie lost to every stealth rocker so im not really sure about this but u can try it.
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

The evs spread is the common mix wall which allow u to always survive 2 hp ice comming from LO Thundurus.
Hope i help u man gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)