The Dreamyard

Blueforce

Ungood
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
At the behest of my friend, Max. Optimizer, I've decided to finally start a thread here! Smogon is full of incredibly talented artists, I've always felt a strange combination of inspired and jealous when I see your works pop up; it makes me want to get better! Frankly, I have a lot to learn before I'll even be satisfied with my own art, but I'm willing to put the work in. I'm open to nearly any kinds of tips and constructive criticisms you can offer.

I Purchased a Wacom Intuos Draw last year as an input device for the HD remaster of Okami (one of my favorite games), but I've always wanted to try my hand at digital art. It came bundled with ArtRage Lite (which I'll use for most of my art for now), but it took a solid year before I decided to give art a shot. You can see some of my best (and worst) below. I've been particularly prolific in the past week or so, and I feel like the time is ripe to share! I haven't taken an art course in 8+ years, please let me know what you think c:

Blueforce

Ungood
12/9/2018

My boi Xen wanted to know what Qwilfish would look like with arms, I gave him two choices :)

ö

Ok, I didn't even know line smoothing or really even layers were a thing. The entire Dragonite was brush only.

This wasn't as cute as I thought.

Bday present for MO. I was just messing with colors man, I didn't even know how ArtRage worked.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh hi, Blueforce, I didn't know it was you.

I'm genuinely pleased to see that the vernissage of your very own painted world art gallery in the Smeargle studio has finally come.
I think that you already have a solid basis, but, as you already rightfully stated, there's always room for improvement for artists of any skill level.
It's very much self-explanatory when you remember that the word "studio" derives from the Latin verb "studere", meaning "to study" or "to zeal".
Art is very much alive and adaptable, a reflection of how the human being is simultaneously both the malleable marble and the sculptor itself.

I wanted to welcome the opportunity to wish you good luck and a lot of fun!

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
As a fellow person in the "got a tablet for gaming and art is a nice side effect" situation, I can relate. Good on you for making the plunge! Your "baddy bad" works have a lot of charm and look more distinct in my opinion. "Clean" doesn't always imply perfect.

Like the little Charlie Brown tree Vulpix one (nice finding a style to use rather than trying to make it look like the same style the anime/manga/games use)

Blueforce

Ungood
Wow, it's been a hot minute since I posted here. I've been slow going, so not a whole lot to show off this time! In no particular order:

First thing after buying Clip Studio Paint! I'm still getting lost in all the new features.

Late Christmas gift for my best friend, the #1 Isabelle fan.

I made a Shaymoo! The lack of any line smoothing with the pastel tool when I drew this in ArtRage Lite was the last straw that forced me to buy Clip Studio Paint.

The last thing I made with ArtRage Lite. I still have a lot to learn, I didn't even have faith that I could paint this :c

Banner for the Wi-Fi section's Secret Santa Giveaway. Aside from the banner itself, I think this turned out alright.

My gift for HotFuzzBall for Smeargle's 9th Annnnual Secret Santa! My first attempt at full watercolor left a lot to be desired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)