ORAS OU The Eco Terrorists! (Zygarde Balance Peaked 1700s)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

The Eco Terrorists!
Hello everyone, BrandonBeast here with a new OU RMT for y'all! Today I'll be showcasing a team that I made a couple of weeks ago, built around a very cool and underrated Pokemon in Zygarde. Zygarde is usually shunned upon for being accused of being an "inferior Garchomp", but Zygarde actually has some unique traits that make for a decent Dragon Dance sweeper with it's great STABs and Extreme Speed. This team got me all the way to 1700 on the ladder, which is actually pretty great for someone like me! While the team does have flaws, it's still a very solid team in my opinion, so I would like to welcome to you all, The Eco Terrorists!

Ladder Peaking.png

The Squad:​

Captain Planet (Zygarde) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Zygarde was the mon I built the team around, and I must say that after some extensive testing with it, it's actually pretty decent right now in the current metagame. For a long time, Zygarde was ridiculed because he was mostly outclassed by Garchomp, due to Garchomp's better Speed and Attack, movepool, and ability in Rough Skin. But recently, Zygarde has been getting a bit more attention due to his unique qualities over Garchomp and other Dragons. First of all, unlike Garchomp, Zygarde gets Dragon Dance, which helps boost his Attack and Speed, and combined with his STABs and a great move in Extreme Speed, makes him a formidable sweeper late-game. Extreme Speed can also make Zygarde function as a sort of revenge killer, picking off threats like Talonflame due to 2x Priority > 1x Priority. Sadly, Zygarde does have some flaws, like having trouble getting through some bulkier foes, and an unfortunate 4x weakness to Ice moves, but he still has pretty good bulk that helps him set up easier. Overall, Zygarde is a pretty awesome Pokemon, not only for being the most awesome Eco Terrorist ever, but for being a powerful threat that should get more attention.

The Traitor (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The name says it all: being a part of a group trying to save the enviroment at all costs, but being a goddamn Electric type, using electricity for everything, tapping the screen on his phone all the time. But Rotom-Wash is an important member of this team, checking threats such as Talonflame and Excadrill, while also crippling threats with Will-O-Wisp making them set-up bait for Zygarde, and providing momentum and being a good pivot in general. Personally I love Rotom-W in the current meta, as it's just soo splashable on a ton of teams due to it's ability to blanket check a ton of threats, as well as check Sand. Overall, while he is sort of a traitor to our fine group of eco-terrorists, it's no mistake that Rotom-Wash is a vital and awesome member of the team! Tap that screen boy...

The Hippie (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Mild Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Here comes the Hippie of the squad, trying to save the enviroment, man! Drumming on those bongos and wearing those weird hairstyles, Mega Venusaur is an important member of the team, checking Water types like Keldeo, Fairy-types like Clefable, and Grass-types like Serperior, while also providing a decent offensive presence and can wear down some of Zygarde's checks, like Skarmory, thanks to Hidden Power Fire. It also beats a lot of the things Zygarde can't beat, like bulky Water types and Fairy types, making it a perfect partner for Zygarde. Overall, Mega Venusaur is a total hippie, but he's a great and awesome member of the team!

The Jew (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

As it looked, the team wanted a fast revenge killer that could kill weakened stuff and provide momentum, and the group needed a source of money. Enter the Jew, aka Scarf Jirachi. Jirachi adds another check to Fairies, a switchin to the Lati's and Mega Gardevoir, a revenge killer and momentum mon, and HEALING WISH. (Also it flinches which is cute.) It may fall a bit flat against stuff like Lando-T and TankChomp, but we have other members that can check and wear down these things. Overall, Jirachi is a pretty cute and great member of the team, and I'm glad to have it on!

The Crack Addict (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

The member with the saddest story, but one of the most beastly members nonetheless. Clefable joined the fine group of eco terrorists to try to save the enviroment, but little did her teammates know that she was addicted to crack. Clefable hid her secret by being an excellent blanket check to things like the evil gnome known as Mega Sableye and the monstorous Kyurem-Black. She could even sneeze out yellow germs that could paralyze the opponent once the germs touched them. She could even summon blasts of moon from the sky, and ate eggs for sustinence, and as a substitute for crack. She often tried to calm her mind out of the crack, and once she calmed her mind enough times, she became even more powerful than before. However, she could never shake her mind out of the crack once out of the battle with the cops, and one day Clefable couldn't take it anymore, and basically used up her whole stash of crack, going into overdose. Now her teammates knew she was addicted, but they still accepted her for her qualities, and they helped her get out of the crack zone, and now Clefable is addiction-free.

The Fire Maker (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

The team lacked Stealth Rocks, and also wanted another check to things like Talonflame and Mega Charizard-X. So, Heatran was added, providing Rocks for the team, and checking the stuff it checks. Air Balloon can be very useful in situations such as against Sand, or against a Kyurem-Black. It also provides Fire for the group to stay warm at night, and is sometimes quoted as "the glue that keeps the team together." Overall, Heatran is a great and important member of the team, and I'm glad to have him on here!

That's the team! Now I'll show you the importable and threatlist!
Captain Planet (Zygarde) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

The Traitor (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The Hippie (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The Jew (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

The Crack Addict (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

The Fire Maker (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

STALL: Literally just click "x" if you see one of these. Chansey walls all of our special attackers, Mega Sableye can wall Jirachi and burn it, and Zygarde isn't really getting through Unaware Clefable that easily.
Weavile: Anti-meta as fuck right now, and poses a big threat due to beating Zygarde if it's not boosted, and just doing a lot of damage to my other mons. Jirachi can RK it tho, but SD variants are a pain if Rachi's gone late-game.
Gliscor (Sort of): It can be sort of hard to get through, depending on the set. Taunt checks Clefable, Toxic cripples Rotom-W, so it can be an annoyance.

And that's the RMT! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope by using this team, you'll know the power of the underrated and fun Zygarde! And as always...

meatwad_dancing.gif
Keep Dancing
meatwad_dancing.gif

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Yo, I see a Zygarde *-* interesting team, Espeed mons always have some interesting utility. This build is pretty weak to Mega Metagross, and maybe Mega Charizard Y but other than that you've managed to cover pretty much everything else pretty well, which is cool.

Firstly, I'd change Heatran from max SpA to max HP. Max HP allows you to take 1 hit from Mega Metagross, and Mega Charizard Y. I'd also change your set to Magma Storm, Earth Power, Taunt, Toxic. Taunt helps Heatran deal reliably with Clefable, which is nice because Mega Venusaur can be beaten 1v1 with Thunder Wave. Taunt + Magma Storm can also be nice to help Heatran act as a nice stallbreaker. Toxic is nice to wear down bulky Grounds and Waters which is nice support for a Zygarde sweep. Max HP investment also helps Heatran be a much nicer check to Bisharp and Weavile too, both of which can be a bit of a threat to your team if the right Pokemon have been weakened.

Next, I think Ice Beam > Thunder Wave could be a nice option on Clefable. Zygarde appreciates bulky Grounds being weakened, and this team also tends to struggle a bit vs SpD Gliscor. Ice Beam Clef effectively lures SpD Gliscor, and can also be a nice way to lure bulky Grounds which can facilitate a Zygarde sweep.

Lastly, and this is more of an optional change. This team is a bit weak to Mega Charizard X, so you could try dual status Rotom-W, with Thunder Wave, and Will-O-Wisp. Having the Thunder Wave support can be nice to patch Zygarde's relatively unimpressive 100 base Spe. Rotom can usually catch things like Latios with Thunder Wave, which can be nice support for Zygarde too.

tl;dr
Tweak spread + moveset on

Ice Beam > Thunder Wave on

Thunder Wave > Pain Split on
Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 12 Spe
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
Thanks for the advice! I've been trying out the stallbreaker Tran set you suggested, but with Stealth Rocks > Toxic because I need Rocks lol, and it's gave the team a much better matchup against stall! I haven't seen WAY too much Gliscors lately for Ice Beam to be of that much use on Clefable, but it's still nice occasionally! I'll implement the changes I decide on changing soon enough in the importable! Thanks! n_n

Hi, nice team you have got there. The first thing I noticed with your team is you have no way to get past fat teams, particularly Stall. So, my first aim will be to patch this up.

Mega Gardevoir > Mega Venusaur. Mega Gardevoir wipes the floor with Mega Sableye which your team struggles with. It also helps to soften up fat teams with strong Hyper Voice and can Taunt mons to prevent the opponent from healing up or using Status moves. It helps that Zygarde and Heatran can deal with mons it dislikes like Scizor, Jirachi and Talonflame.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

As for the loss in the defensive backbone Mega Venusaur provides, we can use Tangrowth to cover. Plus, with an AV, it can stomach hits from the likes of Mega Alakazam, Thundurus and Mega Gardevoir while still being able to check Azumarill and Mega Gyarados. Hidden Power Fire lures Scizor and Ferrothorn which is very nice for your Zygarde + Mega Gard core.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fire

Finally, I agree with NotFalse to make your Heatran the Stallbreaker set with max HP and max Spe. This allows you to outpace important threats like Mega Scizor and KO it while having the Speed to Taunt things like Clefable.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

tl, dr;
1) Mega Gard > Mega Venu
2) AV Tangrowth > Jirachi
3) Max HP Heatran > Max SpA Heatran

I may have made your team weaker to threats like Fairies by sacrificing some defensive backbone but I feel a team needs a way to hurt fat teams. Oh yeah, do run Ice Beam on Clefable because Gliscor walls you badly and you need a way to hurt Offensive Garchomp.

Warning : Use of translator
Well, first say that your team is pretty solid in many areas, cover yourself well to several of the most used Pokémon and other weaknesses.
On the other hand , not having " spinner " or " defogger " increases the list of threats , these are:
- Mega Gardevoir (Taunt): Having Taunt , denies that Clefable use Thunder Wave. Gardevoir carrier Hyper Voice, Psyshock and Focus Blast , breaks almost everything.
Calcs:

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 208-246 (52.7 - 62.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 296-350 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

- Charizard Y / X: Both Charizard complicates life to your team, especially X , A Dragon Dance and totally dependent Heatran to stop , as long as the Charizard not have EQ
Calcs:

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 400-472 (101.5 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 232 HP / 0- Def Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 356-422 (99.1 - 117.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(Here a tall, do not understand why you have a Venusaur with 252SpA without Def and Mild Nature ( -DEF ) you need at least 96+ Def and HP Full)

Only that in general , think about the Venusaur I find absurd, also thinks Weavils Sword Dance is also a tremendous threat , Manaphy with Psychic so is .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)