The Egg Group Tournament [Round 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know which is more unbelievable, the fact that two people chose Dragon, or the fact that three chose Bug. I would never voluntarily give my opponent Scizor and Yanmega when I didn't know which Pokemon I would have available....

Cynthia vs Fabbles
Sapientia vs reachzero May it be a good clean game, with no hax!
tito vs Aeroblacktyl This could be close, MoP has a terrible egg group
moi vs Serenity Neither egg group is terrible, this was hard to pick
Xenon vs latios315
Kharozz vs alive
SilentEcho vs Elevator Music
freshtodeath vs Master of the Six Kings
Astamatitos vs Puggy
Gouki vs Ripchord
Flashstorm1 vs Pablo
Captain Falcon vs Solstice
Legacy Raider vs Brawley This should be fun.
TheDuzzMaster vs Imperfectluck
tct93 vs The Duke
WaffleChan vs TAY

@Pablo: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1703052&postcount=1

Wow, three guys (Elevator Music, IPL, reachzero) believe i could win!
Members of Flying Egg Group:

Pidgeot, Fearow, Crobat, Farfetch'd, Dodrio, Aerodactyl, Noctowl, Xatu, Honchkrow, Skarmory, , Swellow, Pelipper, Altaria, Staraptor, Chatot, Togekiss.
1. All except Skarmory are weak to SR, which is going to be up every match. So effectively, atleast 5 of my Pokemon are going to have to start at 75% no matter what team i make. Moreover, there is nobody to Rapid Spin to get rid of this problem.

2. All members of this egg group are OHKOed by a +2 LO Bullet Punch off Scizor, save Skarmory and Pelipper. Skarmory is generally 2HKOed by SR + Superpower. Pelipper is 2HKOed by X-Scissor, while i can't 2HKO Scizor with Surf. My stupid choice, i chose Bug and my opponent has Scizor, so there is no getting over this for me.

So chances of winning are sooo low :(

Cynthia vs Fabbles
Sapientia vsreachzero
tito vs Aeroblacktyl
moi vs Serenity
Xenon vs latios315
Kharozz vs alive
freshtodeath vs Master of the Six Kings - good luck
Astamatitos vs Puggy
Gouki vs Ripchord
Flashstorm1 vs Pablo
Legacy Raider vs Brawley
tct93 vs The Duke
WaffleChan vs TAY

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Team sent for R2, under the assumption that we are still doing the OU / BL / UU thing.

I don't know which is more unbelievable, the fact that two people chose Dragon, or the fact that three chose Bug. I would never voluntarily give my opponent Scizor and Yanmega when I didn't know which Pokemon I would have available....
haha, yeah, i suppose that was a pretty bad idea on my part but i guess i wasn't thinking about it when i picked.

anyway, ill make my team and PM kahrozz today

lost 2-0 to solstice who predicted me choosing plant and gave me water 2+3. There wasn't really much I could do. In hindsight I probably should have run bounce gyarados, but i was hesitant to replace swampert as he was my rain lead.

gg

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I never got a pm :/
but i'll build my team today/tomorrow and then we can battle, shouldn't be to hard to find each other

oh, really? i assumed you'd still need to check the teams for out of group breeding. i guess you'll do that in the logs

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I checked my inbox, and sure enough, you're right....I must have done something wrong in the process of sending it. Anyway, my team is ready, and hopefully we'll run into each other soon.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys, just a friendly reminder of the fully evolved pokemon in each egg group from the old BL:

Bug
  • Flygon
  • Pinsir

Dragon
  • Milotic
  • Charizard
  • Sceptile

Fairy
  • Roserade
  • Azumarrill

Flying
  • Honchkrow
  • Staraptor
  • Crobat

Ground
  • Rhyperior
  • Arcanine
  • Tauros
  • Typhlosion
  • Espeon
  • Umbreon
  • Ursaring
  • Houndoom
  • Donphan
  • Smeargle
  • Blaziken
  • Slaking
  • Zangoose
  • Empoleon
  • Floatzel

Humanshape
  • Magmortar
  • Hariyama
  • Medicham

Indeterminate
  • Mismagius
  • Gardevoir

Mineral
  • Porygon2

Monster
  • Charizard
  • Slowbro
  • Marowak
  • Feraligatr
  • Slowking
  • Sceptile
  • Torterra
  • Rampardos
  • Abomasnow
  • Lickilicky
  • Rhyperior

Plant
  • Tangrowth
  • Abomasnow
  • Torterra
  • Exeggutor
  • Ludicolo
  • Roserade

Water1
  • Empoleon
  • Floatzel
  • Feraligatr
  • Azumarill
  • Ludicolo
  • Milotic
  • Slowking
  • Slowbro

- No BLs in Water2 and Water3.

I'll have my team done very soon then Brawley and I should hopefully be able to arrange a time to meet up.

I'm trying to get our match done, I've pmed TAY on Shoddy and on Smogon repeadedly but to know avail or response to that matter. I'm assuming his team is ready since he stated he was sending his team in.

Thanks for the list Legacy Raider.

Edit: Lost to TAY 1-0 because of Ludicolo Poisoning, Seviper and Charizard, what a combo :P GG

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah Seviper / Zard were really the MVPs for my team lol

and hey! Don't forget you had a turn 2 crit on gyara =O

GG Wafflechan!

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
Cynthia vs Fabbles
Sapientia vs reachzero
tito vs Aeroblacktyl
moi vs Serenity
Xenon vs latios315
Kharozz vs alive
freshtodeath vs Master of the Six Kings
Astamatitos vs Puggy
Gouki vs Ripchord
Flashstorm1 vs Pablo
Legacy Raider vs Brawley
tct93 vs The Duke
WaffleChan vs TAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)