XY Ubers The End of an Era.

Hey everyone, Ghost2Hunt here.
As we are close to the end of XY Ubers Meta and hopping into the broken Era of ORAS i decided to share my most likely worst team.
Afther seeing FireBurn's rmt i didnt feel too ashamed to post this.

Why and How?

Must have been about a month ago or so i just felt like making a trollish team to play on the ladder.. But for some reason i actually laddered pretty high with it 1424 PO. ( I know it isnt that high but for this team its something i never expected. )
Basicly i took a few pokemon I liked but also wanted to use a pokemon that isnt viable, so i took liepard. Which outside of swagplay ( even then) didnt really get much attention in Ubers (Understandable...)

----
Anyways lets hop right into the team.

Scolipede (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Spikes

I have always liked Scolipede as a lead, so i decided i would use it again, Toxic Spikes are obligatory on Scolipede in my opinion, Endeavor is here to almost kill something once i am down to my sash. You can also keep Scolipede late game to get of endeavor ( tho only if ure opponent has a Poison Type) Pin missile is here for Mewtwo and MMY as it seems to catch some people off guard. Also helps for those rare occasions u see a Magic Bounce Espeon, Can also kill Smeargle leads. Spikes just to break sashes as well as get some extra hazards.

Liepard (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252Hp/Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd/Def
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Protect/Knock Off
- Taunt
- Encore

The pokemon i initially wanted to use. I just thought of how i could piss people off and since Xerneas is a problem to the rest of my team as it can ohko every other member at +2 (Except Arceus if regular geo xern set.) I decided that prankster Encore would be fun to use, come in on Geomancy or any other setup move a pokemon has really and then make them completly useless ( I also thought about using Volbeat here but it seemed even more 'shitty' and didnt have acces to other great moves. ) This thing acctually helped me with mmy sometimes since its immune to Psystrike and can just encore it afther. Taunt to possibly force struggle if opponent is encored, also to prevent defog or statusses.
Thunder wave to cripple fast pokemons as well as a last chance to kill xern if it managed to set up (Bolt strike kills afther)
Protect can be used to scout as well as possibly bait in a move that can be encored later. Although Knock off is also a good move to use (change spread depending on what u run) and it makes sure it isnt complete Taunt bait.

Zekrom @ Choice Band
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

I Have always liked Zekrom as a pokemon, although i never gave it much love on my team.
Afther using Scarfed zekrom for a while i realised it just didnt kill enough in one hit. Then when playing Lacus on the ladder and just in a friendly match i realised Banded Zekrom was acctually pretty good so i decided to try it out. It does lack speed but the power is just too good. I am not going in depth on the moveset a it is fairly standard.
Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder Wave

Not much to say here, regular Palkia set, i originally tried some older sets i liked but arent that common anymore like sub punch and AV..
Since every team needs a Kyogre check i brought Palkia, and it hits hard, Thunderwave over thunder as in my opinion it has more utility.

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Ekiller :) this acctually is the slot i changed the most, i started with poisonceus as xerneas check but then i realised i could handle xerneas pretty well and any decent player basicly wrecks this team anyway. Afther using poisonceus i used rockceus as ho oh is a huge problem and still is. But finally i chose to go for ekiller as on the ladder HO is easier especially with low ladder being kind of noobish ( no offense) I chose Lum over Silk Scarf as i got burned alot by giratina since i cant Ohko afther one SD.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Roar

Final member is giratina, i didnt really want to use giratina but i needed dedog as otherwise there would be no use for Liepard, not that its that great now but sash helps it out over life orb.
I normally run sleep talk over defog but as i needed defog i had to change it. Other moves are fairly standard.
(I thought about running Gira-O, Heatran to make it easier dealing with Ho Oh)

Anyways thanks for reading and if you want to try this team out, i have to say its only for fun.. Its not that great for competitive battling xD

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I feel like Liepard doesn't offer much utility outside of Prankster Twave, and I don't like the fact that you have Scol and Liepard when Klefki can accomplish what both of them do. Also, since you have Defog (more about Giratina later), it isn't a good idea to use suicide Spiker. Klefki is good because it has many opportunities to come in and you don't have to worry about Defogging hazards away because they are pretty easy to get them back up again. Klefki also checks Yveltal. The following set works:

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

You lose Toxic Spikes, but they clash with Thunder Wave anyway. Play Rough ensures you break Xerneas's Substitute, you don't need Heal Block on the ladder because no one uses Rest Gothitelle.

Before adding another mon, I would like to jump to Giratina. Rest makes it completely Xerneas fodder, SubGeo especially can just set up Substitute and prevent Klefki from statusing it and sweep your team. Once the opponent realizes you don't have Sleep Talk, any number of Pokemon can freely set up and deal tons of damage to your team. I think Giratina-O is a fine replacement. I feel like you don't really need Defog since Shadow Sneak can anti-lead suicide hazard setters and you don't actually have any SR weak mons. The following set gives you an Ekiller and Kanga check and prevent Xerneas from setting up for free.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp / Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

If you insist on Defog it will be a bit harder to deal with Ekiller and Kanga, but as long as you hit Dragon Tail on Ekiller you will be able to handle it better.

Since your compressed Scol and Liepard into one slot, you have one more Pokemon to use. Landorus-T could probably work nicely, switching in on Earthquakes directed at Klefki and throwing around Intimidates is always helpful. It also provides Stealth Rock, which is never a bad thing.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Anyway, there probably won't be any more opportunities to use this team since the ladder is ORAS now, but hope I helped!

I feel like Liepard doesn't offer much utility outside of Prankster Twave, and I don't like the fact that you have Scol and Liepard when Klefki can accomplish what both of them do. Also, since you have Defog (more about Giratina later), it isn't a good idea to use suicide Spiker. Klefki is good because it has many opportunities to come in and you don't have to worry about Defogging hazards away because they are pretty easy to get them back up again. Klefki also checks Yveltal. The following set works:

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

You lose Toxic Spikes, but they clash with Thunder Wave anyway. Play Rough ensures you break Xerneas's Substitute, you don't need Heal Block on the ladder because no one uses Rest Gothitelle.

Before adding another mon, I would like to jump to Giratina. Rest makes it completely Xerneas fodder, SubGeo especially can just set up Substitute and prevent Klefki from statusing it and sweep your team. Once the opponent realizes you don't have Sleep Talk, any number of Pokemon can freely set up and deal tons of damage to your team. I think Giratina-O is a fine replacement. I feel like you don't really need Defog since Shadow Sneak can anti-lead suicide hazard setters and you don't actually have any SR weak mons. The following set gives you an Ekiller and Kanga check and prevent Xerneas from setting up for free.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp / Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

If you insist on Defog it will be a bit harder to deal with Ekiller and Kanga, but as long as you hit Dragon Tail on Ekiller you will be able to handle it better.

Since your compressed Scol and Liepard into one slot, you have one more Pokemon to use. Landorus-T could probably work nicely, switching in on Earthquakes directed at Klefki and throwing around Intimidates is always helpful. It also provides Stealth Rock, which is never a bad thing.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Anyway, there probably won't be any more opportunities to use this team since the ladder is ORAS now, but hope I helped!

Hey lemonade.

First of all thanks for the rate,
I will definitely try some things out. Also, maybe i owe a little explanation as to why the team is so bad.
First of all i initially made the team for fun and as critique on the ladder. I do realise alot of things are sub- optimal to just utter garbage.
I know Liepard doesnt really have anything it helps the team with on competitive level. Although that was the pokemon i build the team around so i probably wont change that pokemon although i will change scolipede and giratina.

Also on a sidenote, i dont really expect much of the ORAS Ubers meta as it is just completly broken. Like really if there arent some major fixes i wont spend much time playing it as almost all teams will look the same. So i acctually will have time improving and using teams in XY, as i am sure some other Ubers players feel the same about oras being broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)