Tournament The Epic Casual Duomod Gaming Tournament [Won by Sceon]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Well, PMPL's just about over. Thankfully, this means we now have time for a showing of who the best Pokemon player REALLY is. Ahem...

Good afternoon, my fellow gamers!
Are you tired of being outplayed?
Don't you just wish you could cheese out people who are better than you?

Well, look no further!
Welcome to Duomod ver. 3, the only metagame where luck is on your Pokemons' sides!*
Its secret comes in its patented technology, the Roulette Wheel!
At the end of each turn, it spins and can do one of many wacky things, like...

- Giving an active Pokemon Moody!
- Healing both active Pokemon by 25%!
- Setting Magic Room!
- Making an active Pokemon spontaneously explode!
- Swapping active Pokemons' stat changes!

...and many, many more!
BUT WAIT!
As a special bonus, at the start of each round, you will get access to the Player Wheel!*
Thanks to more patented technology, luck can be on YOUR side, too!
Call today to receive this special offer and to meet the 36 Fakemon waiting to see you!

* - Luck may not be in your favor. Results may vary.

Okay, if that blurb didn't make sense, this will be a Duomod tournament. If you don't know what that is, then don't worry, the meta's not super explored yet, so you aren't at a disadvantage. Its whole premise is that there's a "Roulette Wheel" that can do one of many wacky things at the end of each turn to potentially wildly shift the momentum of the battle. Luck is extremely important in Duomod, although skill does still play a factor. It's extremely chaotic, I don't even enjoy Pokemon and I genuinely love playing it. There's more to Duomod than just this, like you're limited to using 36 available Fakemon and there's some custom moves/abilities. The second thing is that at the start of each round, there's a "Player Wheel" that can do similar things to the tournament, like letting you make personal balance changes or forcing you to play 5v5 instead of 6v6 for a round.

This tournament is going to be very uncompetitive, and I hope you join it for that. It can be very easy to grow passionate over a game that you sink so much time into competing for, and just about everyone has a crushing loss at some point that'll make them question everything. I'm part of two competitive gaming communities and have seen it from countless people, and there will be none of that in this tournament. Just sit back, try your best because it'll still take a good player to win this, and enjoy yourself.

Otherwise, here's some important stuff to mention...
- If you've never played Duomod before and want to learn about it, click here. If anything still doesn't make sense then let me know so I can tell you and make parts of that spreadsheet more readable. Alternatively, if you want practice games, this Discord server would be a good place to ask!
- Sample sets if you want them!
- All matches will be best of 3, and unless stated otherwise, will be played on this Showdown server.
- There's also a random battles format now called Duomod Randbats. If both players want to play that instead of actually building teams, that's okay! If one player declines then you have to play regular Duomod though.
- I will tell everyone what their Player Wheel effect is at the start of every round. I'll make sure it's clear what all it changes.
- It may be single elim, but if you lose a match, it's not game over for you! I'll message you privately to say if you're able to rejoin the tournament through someone else's Player Wheel effect.
- This mod hasn't been overly playtested for balance yet so rebalance changes will happen during the tournament. There will also be some player wheel effects that let players create or modify Pokemon even if they're rare. Bottom line is: this format may change a bit as you play it. Everything will be posted here to keep you up to date.
- You'll have exactly one week to finish each of your matches. Please share all of your replays! If you forget that's okay even if I'd rather you try not to, just get both players to confirm the match results.
- Signups will last until around one week after this post. In order to join, post "in" in this thread.

Good luck!
anaconja
earl
Ema Skye
Humanberrito
lavarina
Moretto
Mr.Bossaru
MultiPokemon
NeonNitroGlycerin
r1dude
rkcbb
Paulluxx
Regic Boat
Sceon
Squawkerz
Tristar0722
ViZar
zxgzxg

This list will change as time goes on. This shouldn't happen but if I miss you by mistake, please let me know!

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Here we go! Round 1 is starting, and the wheel effects for each player have been drawn. If a lot of them seem same-y, don't worry, there was just a lot I couldn't put into Round 1 for various reasons. Two people got to mod a Pokemon or move of their choosing though, and these changes apply to everyone playing in this round, so let's see what's changed for us!
deliriophage.png
(Deliriophage changed by Moretto)
Unaware -> Queen of Roulette

hyperoach.png
(Hyperoach changed by zxgzxg)
Bug/Dark -> Bug/Steel
68/119/41/107/89/111 -> 88/99/41/97/99/111
Hype Overload -> Hype Overload [R1] (The user uses a move at the end of each turn that depends on their hype level).

Note that these changes will be reverted after Round 1 ends!

Round 1
Ema Skye vs. Sceon
Ema Skye - Both you and your opponent have to play against Duo instead of each other. You only move on if you beat him.
Sceon - Both players can agree to play another Pet Mod / Solomod if they choose. If they cannot come to an agreement, they must play Duomod as normal. (NOTE - In this case, it applies to only myself and Sceon.)
Ema Skye vs. DuoM2
Sceon vs. DuoM2

MultiPokemon vs. Squawkerz
MultiPokemon - For your next bo3, one of your opponent's teams must have at least one Pokemon that knows 3 moves or less, and it cannot be any Spirox form. Teams must be revealed after each battle using a chat command.
Squawkerz - Both players can agree to play another Pet Mod / Solomod if they choose. If they cannot come to an agreement, they must play Duomod as normal.

Regic Boat vs. zxgzxg
Regic Boat - Both you and your opponent have to play against Duo instead of each other. You only move on if you beat him.
zxgzxg - Make ONE buff, nerf, or ban that applies to every battle this round. (NOTE - Refer to top of this post.)
Regic Boat vs. DuoM2
zxgzxg vs. DuoM2

Mr.Bossaru vs. NeonNitroGlycerin
Mr.Bossaru - For your next bo3, the Roulette Wheel spins twice per turn. These matches must be done on Duo's private server, which only goes online when he is using it, so let him know when you are battling! (NOTE - It's the "Duomod (Two Spins)" format.
NeonNitroGlycerin - Both you and your opponent must use teams of 5 instead of teams of 6 throughout your entire bo3.

lavarina vs. Paulluxx
lavarina - For your next bo3, half of the legal Pokemon will be banned. This applies to both you and your opponent. The list of those Pokemon will be randomized.
Paulluxx - For your next bo3, half of the legal Pokemon will be banned. This applies to both you and your opponent. The list of those Pokemon will be randomized. (NOTE - Pure coincidence that it ended up being this way lmao. I'm not gonna quarter the amount of legal Pokemon for you two don't worry)
- LEGAL -
Baloon
Deliriophage (R1)
Detonuke
Draxplosion
Fairydisc
Fluidrake
Fluxtape
Fluxtape-Stereo
Gorilax
Grievenge
Jellyolk
Lemotic

Monstratus
Mortemoth

Pokat
Spirox
Spisces
Spirox-Ancient

- BANNED -
Abysseil
Annelait
Azurolt
Baloon-Popped
Baloon-Water
Catelax
Crazefly
Crypterid
Draglow
Fluxtape-Radio
Hyperoach (R1)
Jewelode

Lumineel
Modolith
Pterrost

Spirox-Ripped
Treemu

Valianch
earl vs. ViZar
earl - Your opponent must announce the plays they choose for the first three turns of the first battle. Note that this does not include their lead. Any attempt to be deceitful will automatically disqualify them.
ViZar - For your next bo3, half of the legal Pokemon will be banned. This applies to both you and your opponent. The list of those Pokemon will be randomized. (NOTE - Refer to above list! It will be the same for this battle!)

rkcbb vs. Humanberrito
rkcbb - For your next bo3, half of the legal Pokemon will be banned. This applies to both you and your opponent. The list of those Pokemon will be randomized. (NOTE - Once again, refer to the above list. It will be the same for all battles until R2.
Humanberrito - For all three battles, your opponent must show their first Pokemon on their team's entire moveset. Lying about this will result in disqualification.

anaconja vs. Moretto
anaconja - Both you and your opponent must use teams of 5 instead of teams of 6.
Moretto - Make ONE buff, nerf, or ban that applies to every battle this round. (NOTE - Refer to top of post.)

r1dude vs. Tristar0722
r1dude - For your next bo3, the Roulette Wheel spins twice per turn. These matches must be done on Duo's private server, which only goes online when he is using it, so let him know when you are battling! (NOTE - Because of the other one, you have to use the "Duomod Randbats (Two Spins)" format.)
Tristar0722 - Both players must play Duomod Randbats instead.

You have until 11:59 PM GMT-5 on July 17th. The changes currently ARE NOT live on Dragon Heaven, but I will post again when they are. If you want to battle soon, but without sprites, teambuilder support, or speed tiers showing mid battle, then you are free to use this server as long as you tell me in advance when you'll be here. Otherwise, let me know if any of these descriptions are unclear about anything. See you guys then!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)