The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think OBJ is already the best WR in the league. In 12 games he dropped 1305 and 12 TDs, but if you take out his first 3 games(where he only managed 44, 28 and 34 yards in that order) he averaged 133 yards and a td the rest of the way. Those numbers have obviously never been sustained for 16 games, but it's and absurd average to keep up for more than half of a season. For the last nine games he made ALL wide receivers look like shit. Brown(or Thomas or insert any other wr with more than 1300 yds here) only got more yards because ODJ missed the first four games and his first 3 starts can be considered the wall rookie wrs hit before they adjust. Screw all your wide receivers. The best in the NFL in 2014 was a rookie.

Patriots fans are so god damn defensive. This is partly why I hate Pats fans because they constantly defend their team and say that they are innocent when in reality they are most likely guilty.
You only believe that they are guilty because you harbor disdain for them and let your bias cloud your judgment.

If you Put your personal Bias aside you might be able to actually comprehend the facts in this case.

Anyone that looks at this through an nonobjective lens can see that there's absolutely nothing incriminating the patriots in this case

Lemme give you a quick recap

ESPN's Kelly Naqi Published A story about a patriots locker room attendant trying to introduce an unapproved football into the game.

This story conflicts with ESPN's original story about the deflated footballs (Which has since been refuted by many other media outlets

Adam Schefter barges in destroys the entire story. Stating that game balls that were originally supposed to be used for charitable endeavors were stolen by one of the officials . The "new ball" that was introduced into the game was given to Kevin Mcnally (a patriots locker Room Attendant of over 30 years WHOSE ADDRESS WAS PUBLISHED IN THE ARTICLE) was only given to him by an official because they were short a football due to the aforementioned stealing by an official. That official has since been fired.

All of this was caught on tape.

Sooooo.

ESPN wrote an article discrediting their original article, only to that have that article (which slanders the name of an innocent lower level employee) discredited 18 hours later.

Kevin Mccnally now has an extremely strong case against ESPN for defamation.

And ironically, Thanks to the video taping prowess of the Patriots organization, an end has been put to the NFL's defrauding of childrens' charities.

You're confusing "defending their team" with stating facts.

But please continue attacking the patriots while the Browns, Falcons and Jerry rice openly admit to cheating

And please keep lecturing about integrity

While the colts employ players that choke Pizza Men (ALLEGEDLY)

And rape women (ALLEGEDLY)

The Patriots Paranoia people have is so hilarious.

Hate us cuz they ain't Us

Wow its been a while since I've seen such hypocrisy, you literally said the EXACT SAME THING that he did in reverse order.

Patriots may or may not have been cheating, Colts may or may not be assholes, but tbh can we shut up about this? Please? Its petty, defensive, and extremely tryhard for you guys to be going around trying to justify your team's mistakes. Almost every organization in the NFL is full of dicks and we need to accept that.
Where did I defend the Colts? Nowhere. I explicitly said I was disappointed. Geesh.
Also, I never explicitly said the Patriots cheated. However with their track record of cheating their integrity is questionable so saying they did isn't blasphemy. It's an intelligent guess based on the circumstances. And let me be clear, it's not bias. I explicitly said that I was disappointed with my team because of the incidents with Trent Richardson and D'Qwell Jackson. Also I hate the Patriots because of their rivalry and they ruined the Colts' chances time and time again in the postseason even though we had an elite QB. But the main reason I hate them is because of their integrity and their fans. Can we just please stop talking about this until anything else is confirmed about DeflateGate? I'm tired of this thread being like this.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...teed-11-million-per-year-over-next-two-years/ so Larry Fitzgerald is staying in Arizona after all.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"Default language in Richardson's contract permits the Colts to release him and void the remaining $3.184 million in guaranteed money for a wide range of reasons. Those reasons include... suspension by the team."

tl;dr The Colts just have to suspend him first, for any reason they deem fit, before voiding his contract? Hmm, sounds like bullshit that won't hold up to me.

"Default language in Richardson's contract permits the Colts to release him and void the remaining $3.184 million in guaranteed money for a wide range of reasons. Those reasons include... suspension by the team."

tl;dr The Colts just have to suspend him first, for any reason they deem fit, before voiding his contract? Hmm, sounds like bullshit that won't hold up to me.
The suspension is fine imo because it's only a few games. The voided contract is what pisses me off ,as a Colts fan.

Marquette King is awesome for the Raiders! I wish we would run more trick plays with him running/catching the ball though since he's a beast.
I'm surprised Oakland was only 6th in total punts this year, feels like we were punting every ten seconds...

My boy Brad Nortman has got a foot on him. Setting franchise records already, soon to break NFL records in the coming years.

Matt Bosher is really underrated imo, 2nd highest fair catches/punt last year and still over 45 yards/punt.

If our coverage teams weren't shit, he could probably contest Michael Koenen/the 2008 Falcons' record for fewest punt return yardage in a season (in 2008, the Falcons' opponents had 49 return yards on 20 returns)

also at a guess he's in the top 10 in turning kickoffs to touchbacks, which is a welcome sight after his terrible rookie season.

nfl players should have more realistic goals; not getting a terrible injury, not getting arrested, etc
Yeah. Winston will go to the Buccaneers or Titans most likely(Unless he goes to Jets hell) and either way they need SERIOUS work besides getting him. They need to draft weapons for him,improve offensive line etc
Even then the defense will knock you out of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)