The Everything NFL Thread - 2009

Wow. The Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha announced he would like to leave the Raiders and go to the Jets to play alongside Darrelle Revis. Think how awesome that would be. They could shut down anyone.
That would just be ridiculous.... Jets D wouldnt be stopped, and their D is already good when Jenkins returns next season

Making the Number 1 Ranked Defense even better is good with me.

As for the Super Bowl, as much as I would love to see the Saints win, Colts are going to win.

Wow. The Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha announced he would like to leave the Raiders and go to the Jets to play alongside Darrelle Revis. Think how awesome that would be. They could shut down anyone.
Makes me happy that the Packers are in the NFC, not AFC.
Also, who wouldn't want to leave the Raiders?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Isn't there a similar situation in Denver with Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey? I don't think this move would make the Jets D unbeatable, just a bit better. They would still need better safeties and improve their run D.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Kris Jenkins healthy.

There, run D improved. But let's be honest, the Jets can't afford to have the two best corners in football.

Isn't there a similar situation in Denver with Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey? I don't think this move would make the Jets D unbeatable, just a bit better. They would still need better safeties and improve their run D.
Yeh, but Brian Dawkins is a safety, Namdi and Revis locking up the opposing teams two receivers is ridiculous to even think about. It already helps having Revis to completely lock up the other teams number 1, but the number 2 also getting locked up? The Jets could just play the run and let Revis and Namdi play man

If you guys could competently use google, you would realize this deal absolutely is not happening, ever, not that you even need google to figure it out. Revis is going to be a Jet and Asomugha is going to be a Raider for a long while.

If you guys could competently use google, you would realize this deal absolutely is not happening, ever, not that you even need google to figure it out. Revis is going to be a Jet and Asomugha is going to be a Raider for a long while.
You definitely can never say that when Al Davis owns the contract of asomugha.... All the Jets need to do is offer him a scrub that runs a 4.1 40 time and hell trade asomugha in a heart beat

That would just be ridiculous.... Jets D wouldnt be stopped, and their D is already good when Jenkins returns next season
Did you know the Jets run defense actually improved after Jenkins went down? But yeah as a Panthers fan I know just how dominant this guy can be.

Also yeah give Al either the largest tackle or the fastest player you have and he'll trade Nnamdi away. I wonder what the Titans would get if they offered CJ?

By the way guys

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/03/asomugha-i-was-just-kidding/

[/QUOTE]As for the Super Bowl, as much as I would love to see the Saints win, Colts are going to win.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you, Saints all the way! I don't really care if they win or lose, I just like to root for the underdog, and I think it'd be cool if they won since they've never even been to the Super Bowl, and if they beat a powerhouse team like the Colts, it would just be crazy. Plus, if they lose there are are going to be a lot of Katrina refugees here in Texas who are going to be pretty angry, lol.

YAY SAINTS
I don't really follow american football but I am totally fucking in love with Scott Fujita

so yeah
YAY SAINTS

lol at all of the Saints bandwagoners coming out of the woodwork (akuchi doesn't really count because she admitted that she doesn't really follow the sport, she just likes one particular player)... This isn't to say that the Saints didn't deserve to win, because they most certainly did, I'm just enjoying the fact that everyone is suddenly becoming a Saints fan.

The Saints are a feel-good story about a town that came together after utter destruction through its football team. I imagine people in Hollywood are already putting together a movie!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Congrats to the Saints!

No, I'm not a Saints fan, I just hate the Colts, cause I'm a Jags Fan.
Replace Jags fan with Ravens fan and that sums me up. Just cause people are supporting one team over another in the Superbowl doesn't mean that they all of a sudden support that team completely so seriously tad shut the fuck up, your whiny posts already annoy me enough as it is and even when you're done complaining about your team (the third best team in football!!!) you still manage to find something to bitch about. Seriously give it a rest...

lol at all of the Saints bandwagoners coming out of the woodwork (akuchi doesn't really count because she admitted that she doesn't really follow the sport, she just likes one particular player)... This isn't to say that the Saints didn't deserve to win, because they most certainly did, I'm just enjoying the fact that everyone is suddenly becoming a Saints fan.
Heh, I happen to be a Niners fan, but ok lol. Saints were always up there in terms of my favorite teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)