The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm optimistic the 49ers can at least win this upcoming game against the Rams, as they're really not much better if any than us...it's just the rest of the season that'll be pretty depressing, so may as well enjoy 1 MNF showcase I guess.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really want to see Norman finally get his bubble burst. Kind of worried though considering Pittsburgh is missing literally everyone besides Brown so all the Redskins have to do is quadruple cover him :(

That jags game was AWFULLY officiated. So many missed pass interference calls and the few they called were borderline at best. Robinson catches that ball in the corner at least 6/10 times, which again would have won the game. If bortles took another second on the RZ 3rd down play at the end of the game, he would've found allen hurns wide open on the same route right next to the guy he threw it to, in double coverage no less.
Robinson got mugged, it was ugly as fuck.

he did throw it to Hurns, did you mean Robinson? Robinson was supposed to lay the block to open the hole for Hurns to get through. and it was a run option play that Bortles chose to throw on. iffy play call for sure, but over all i really liked the aggressiveness of going for it on 4th like 4 times earlier in the game...and getting it. our special teams played amazing, and our D came up with some HUGE stops. take away that half-sacked-arm-throw into near-perfect coverage that turned in to a touchdown, we win that game.

overall i ain't even that mad, and i ain't even that frustrated. we saw a LOT of good things and improvement in all phases of the game, against a really good team with the best QB in the league under center.

if we can build on that and keep improving, winning the division suddenly doesn't seem all that far-fetched.

Awful to see Keenan Allen tear his ACL, one of my favorite players.

He's Such a great player, like 120 receptions great.

If the Rams keep this up, they're going to hand the Titans the #1 overall pick while their own first round pick is sitting on the bench.

Really though, Case Keenum is the best they can do right now? It's gonna be a long season for those new LA fans if that's the case.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
anyone who likes the patriots simply has bad taste

lmao @ the rams how long before they get kicked out of LA again. that was an abysmal performance. 0 points, player got ejected in a division game, fan ran onto the field, true clown rams game.

disregard the seahawks low scoring win `-` they'll pick it up in the second half of the season............

It was fuckin perfect if you asked me. Flat out shutdown score. And by who else, the 49ers. The fanbase is a new, fake hype machine constructed of people who don't even know their records when originally in LA. Hope they get used to it, lol.

Cousins off to a great start to really prove himself, right?

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Robinson got mugged, it was ugly as fuck.

he did throw it to Hurns, did you mean Robinson? Robinson was supposed to lay the block to open the hole for Hurns to get through. and it was a run option play that Bortles chose to throw on. iffy play call for sure, but over all i really liked the aggressiveness of going for it on 4th like 4 times earlier in the game...and getting it. our special teams played amazing, and our D came up with some HUGE stops. take away that half-sacked-arm-throw into near-perfect coverage that turned in to a touchdown, we win that game.

overall i ain't even that mad, and i ain't even that frustrated. we saw a LOT of good things and improvement in all phases of the game, against a really good team with the best QB in the league under center.

if we can build on that and keep improving, winning the division suddenly doesn't seem all that far-fetched.
I was talking about the 3rd down play he threw to Greene (i think) on a slant into double coverage. He had hurns on the outside of the same side who had instant separation and an easy completion to like the 5 yd line which can be followed up with a spike. Im not even mad about the 4th down play call, people are screaming over it and I'm just shaking my head over the number of people who don't understand situational awareness in playcalling. I would've liked to see us at least try to blitz here and there, overload blitzes work well against A-rod because with fowler on the other side he doesn't have anywhere to go. I'm also surprised that they didn't let poz shadow rodgie more, because that really would've limited the damage he was able to do on the ground and escaping pressure when it actually showed up.

Im also a bit disappointed in TJ Yeldon. I always feared that he doesn't have the first cut quickness good RBs need to fit in the NFL; he has always seemed like a guy who doesn't accelerate very well so he can't really afford to be patient and try to hit holes because they'll close before he gets there. Not exactly the best trait in a non-power back. Chris Ivory did his classic "run like a madman in preseason cuz you're finally healthy" and got himself injured. Again. I'm actually hoping the Jags can trade up for one of these RBs coming out this upcoming year, Fournette and Cook are both going to be superstars; fast, powerful guys with the one-cut quickness many great RBs have. Cook has an early mid-pick projection this upcoming draft, and if that holds to be the case, we can pray for that since Cook is just as good as Zeke in my opinion. There are many other good running backs coming out as well that may go later such as McCaffrey and Perine, although I haven't fallen for anybody just yet.

After that game I'm really done with moral victories. It was a game that should've been won. Our schedule is not easy, and we're going to have to clean this shit up if we want to win the division. While winning it is easier said than done, the colts honestly look pretty mediocre just like last year. The Texans on the other hand looked really good to me. Lamar miller is a BEAST, straight up, and will fuller is going to be a superstar; he's basically a really fast deandre hopkins with less reliable hands. Dudes a baller. Not to mention that the defense is as good as ever.

The london match with the colts looms large for us. While the next 3 games going into the bye are winnable, the Chargers are CRIMINALLY underrated, and the Ravens are on the rise on both sides of the ball. The Colts are looking for revenge for the embarrassment they suffered last year.

And im going to defend the Chargers real quick. 4-12 with injuries galore last year was no indication of the fact that they could've easily been 10-6 with a few slightly better bounces, losing games to le'veon bell's TD run as time expired and another at the 1 yard line AT THE PACKERS when rivers missed a wide open eddy royal. Oh, and Gordon looks like himself now. Sure, losing Keenan Allen AGAIN really fucking sucks, and while he's only 23, a second knee construction is always more difficult than the first. His once promising career looks like it might be cut short. Even without him, however, Rivers is such a good quarterback I'm really unconcerned about their offensive abilities.

TheEaterOfBergs

Pro Wrestling is the Best in the World.
Yeah lol, Pretty much any franchise who loses to both Gabbert and a team that had half their team retire or leave needs to officially disband.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Honestly Gabbert is a good fit for Kelly's offense, not to mention that his offense has the notorious ability to turn bad WRs into decent looking ones. I don't think the 49ers are going to be THAT bad this year. Not good, but not a total laughingstock. They'll win some games.

Good lord Revis is finished. Amazing how quickly he fell off since he left the Pats. He wasn't great last year, but he certainly wasn't this horrible.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Usually acl tears are non-contact, considering he's back on the field and judging by the injury look probably just sprained the ligaments

you're not wrong, but that injury looked exactly like L-Bell's from last year. Marshall's ligaments must be the best in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)