The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football's becoming stressful and just wtf to watch with some of these teams and the coaches behind them. Wasted talent and opportunities everywhere. These lopsided ass scores in the wrong places.

Seattle won, so I'm glad there at least.

93 points between four players on my bench. For the next 24 hours, I'll be a big Atlanta fan.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Norman is so overrated man. Eli played like shit and Odell still destroyed him.

This was a crazy week, lots of upsets I didn't expect. Eagles x_x I was hoping they could stay shitty for another few years. Haven't seen the highlights but I take it Wentz looked terrific.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Norman is so overrated man. Eli played like shit and Odell still destroyed him.

This was a crazy week, lots of upsets I didn't expect. Eagles x_x I was hoping they could stay shitty for another few years. Haven't seen the highlights but I take it Wentz looked terrific.
idc if odell > norman, they're both cunts, ESPECIALLY OBJ; dudes full of himself based on the fact he acts like a fucking 12 year old when he doesn't get his way: taking cheap shots and crying. Oh and when manning tried to calm him down he just kept going and hit a kicking stand and made himself look like an idiot.

OBJ lost his composure again. He committed a crucial penalty on a simple rub route because norman was in his head. Furthermore, he just ignored his meltdown on the sideline "i don't remember". Again, immature twat who takes cheap shots and acts like a baby when he doesn't get his way. Several times it was mentioned that Manning left a couple deep balls on the field to other receivers because qualming Odell with targets is important to him, which it should be. Just stupid.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
He lost his composure but if you watched the play on the field it was clear Norman couldn't cover him. Regardless of your opinion of these athletes as people, the 1 on 1 matchup looked lopsided in Odell's favor

I'm not praising odb here as much as saying Norman is over hyped. The media likes all these storylines like his great stats in Carolina and his brash attitude makes for juicy news. But the fact is now that hes not on the Panthers, we get to see how good he really is, which isn't a top 5 corner

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol steelers

Guess I'll just write that one off. Philly had the perfect game plan and executed it equally perfectly. This is also classic Tomlin coming off a big win against a division rival and totally not preparing his team for the next game. It's frustrating to be a fan of a team that has so much potential and is a perennial contender yet throws up such spectacularly awful duds like this.

In other news, the Ravens are atop the AFC North at 3-0, having won tough victories against such quality opponents as Buffaro, Cleveland, and Jacksonville. Do I hear 16-0???

lol steelers

Guess I'll just write that one off. Philly had the perfect game plan and executed it equally perfectly. This is also classic Tomlin coming off a big win against a division rival and totally not preparing his team for the next game. It's frustrating to be a fan of a team that has so much potential and is a perennial contender yet throws up such spectacularly awful duds like this.

In other news, the Ravens are atop the AFC North at 3-0, having won tough victories against such quality opponents as Buffaro, Cleveland, and Jacksonville. Do I hear 16-0???
That right there sums up the life of a Colts fan in the Manning era-present. Only 1 Super Bowl when we could've been a juggernaut. Our 06 squad wasn't even our best team in that era.
But some teams haven't even been to the Super Bowl so should I complain?

The Steelers definitely looked off on Sunday but give some credit to the birds--they won as much as the Steelers lost. Jim Schwartz is an elite DC, and the way the defense, particularly the D line, played shows that. Our WRs seem to have found a way to not drop passes that give us guaranteed TDs, and Wentz looks better every week.

That's just my 2 cents. I've got some Kool-aid to drink now.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lol steelers

Buffalo spanked Arizona don't forget. Our offense sucks at this point, but our defense and special teams are out of this world good. Don't sleep.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Ahh the classic argument has resurfaced: "Our team is good because we beat X who beat y and X hasn't been all that good sure, but y we assumed to be pretty good so maybe X has actually put it all together and that's why they beat y so therefore our win against X is actually a really good thing."

Spoilers no it isn't buffalo is still not a good team.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ahh the classic argument has resurfaced: "Our team is good because we beat X who beat y and X hasn't been all that good sure, but y we assumed to be pretty good so maybe X has actually put it all together and that's why they beat y so therefore our win against X is actually a really good thing."

Spoilers no it isn't buffalo is still not a good team.
Our team has beaten all the teams in front of it, and has given up 2 TDs in 11.5 qs (3 in that half quarter outburst vs the Browns, but 5 total in 3 games is still good). Our defense has done almost all you can ask of it in 3 games aside from our half quarter lapse. Our special teams have been the best in the entire NFL. Those are facts. I'm not claiming that we are on NEs level or as good as some of the other 3-0 teams. I'm just saying that you shouldn't sleep on a team who have been downright dominant in 2/3 phases of the game (even with a weak schedule).

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Our team has beaten all the teams in front of it, and has given up 2 TDs in 11.5 qs (3 in that half quarter outburst vs the Browns, but 5 total in 3 games is still good). Our defense has done almost all you can ask of it in 3 games aside from our half quarter lapse. Our special teams have been the best in the entire NFL. Those are facts. I'm not claiming that we are on NEs level or as good as some of the other 3-0 teams. I'm just saying that you shouldn't sleep on a team who have been downright dominant in 2/3 phases of the game (even with a weak schedule).
Not sleeping on them at all. Just taking my customary jabs at you since I'm a Steelers fan. The Ravens will be in playoff contention absolutely, and the two games against the Steelers will, again, be decided by 3 points or less and the series will be split 1-1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)