The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
31 other corrupted NFL teams and jealous fanbases got Tom Brady suspended and railroaded for literally nothing.

Anyone with an 8th grade reading level knows this entire thing was a sham.
and more importantly is not clouded with FUCK BRADY HES GOOD SO HE HAS TO CHEAT AND THEY DON'T TALK TO THE MEDIA SO THE MEDIA HATES THEM AND MAKES US HATE THEM FUCK BRADY
So it's all 31 opposing teams' faults that the government denied his appeal? This isn't even about DeflateGate anymore. Fact is that the government sees more important cases than a god damn football player's suspension. With all the shit going on in the world, is Tom Brady a priority? No. So there's zero point in complaining at the NFL anymore. The Patriots were given one of the easiest first four game stretch in the league so it won't end up mattering for the standings.

inb4 the Pats lose the #1 seed by one game and that's the Arizona game

So it's all 31 opposing teams' faults that the government denied his appeal? This isn't even about DeflateGate anymore. No. So there's zero point in complaining at the NFL anymore. The Patriots were given one of the easiest first four game stretch in the league so it won't end up mattering for the standings.
Your missing the entire point which is

WHY DO THE PATRIOTS AND BRADY HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

With all the shit going on in the world, is Tom Brady a priority?
This is the worse argument ever conceived and makes no sense.

You could compare literally any event that has ever taken place throughout the course of history to "all the shit going on in the world" and nothing is a priority.

Why are you posting on smogon? Just look at all the shit that's happening in the world

Orrrrrrr a United States legal court kept him suspended

there's that too
Why was he suspended in the first place?

Certainly wasn't due to the US courts system.

You could compare literally any event that has ever taken place throughout the course of history to "all the shit going on in the world" and nothing is a priority.

Why are you posting on smogon? Just look at all the shit that's happening in the world

I'm talking about in the context of Brady taking the suspension appeal to the SCOTUS. Which he's going to have to if he wants to play Week 1. Nothing will change if he goes to the SCOTUS. And also, he's suspended because Roger Goodell won the appeal because the judge thought Goodell has justifiable rights to discipline a player. Again, the context of DeflateGate is irrelevant by this point. It's the US Courts System's view that Goodell fairly disciplines players. Whether or not it's actually the case is up for debate but doesn't matter at this point in the drama. DeflateGate was settled last season. This is just the result of the power struggle between the NFL and the NFLPA

I'm talking about in the context of Brady taking the suspension appeal to the SCOTUS. Which he's going to have to if he wants to play Week 1. Nothing will change if he goes to the SCOTUS. And also, he's suspended because Roger Goodell won the appeal because the judge thought Goodell has justifiable rights to discipline a player. Again, the context of DeflateGate is irrelevant by this point. It's the US Courts System's view that Goodell fairly disciplines players. Whether or not it's actually the case is up for debate but doesn't matter at this point in the drama. DeflateGate was settled last season. This is just the result of the power struggle between the NFL and the NFLPA
the context of the report is still relevant, because the discipline was "justified" based on the fact that the report concluded it was "more likely than not" Brady was compliant.

I'm talking about in the context of Brady taking the suspension appeal to the SCOTUS.
I'm trying to ask you why he is there in the first place.
And also, he's suspended because Roger Goodell won the appeal because the judge thought Goodell has justifiable rights to discipline a player. It's the US Courts System's view that Goodell fairly disciplines players.
These 2 statements are not interchangeable.

The court said nothing about fair punishment

They ruled that Goodell can suspend your team's best player for 16 games with no evidence for having their shoelaces untied.

Which is why Patriots fans are so upset.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think most people are in agreement that Brady should not be suspended because he wasn't proven to have done anything, but it's incredibly naive to suggest he literally did nothing. His behavior was suspect and he probably had something to do with it, there just wasn't enough hard evidence to directly prove it. That being said, I'd really love this to just all be over so we can get back to real football.

I think most people are in agreement that Brady should not be suspended because he wasn't proven to have done anything, but it's incredibly naive to suggest he literally did nothing. His behavior was suspect and he probably had something to do with it, there just wasn't enough hard evidence to directly prove it.
No

You're just accepting the lies the NFL is spoonfeeding you because this case is far too dense and complex for anyone that hasn't devoted hours and hours to pouring over hundreds of pages of court documents to get to the actual facts.

There's definitely a scientific consensus in this case

And that consensus is that the footballs were within regulation when the ideal gas law is taken into account

Scientists from dozens and dozens of universities across the country have completely discredited all of the findings of exponent (the organization hired by Ted Wells to basically make shit up and affirm a guilty verdict that was in place from day 1) and have slammed the NFL for being full of shit.

Literally what anyone who sides against Brady is doing is believing Roger Goodell, a personality-less, human sock puppet for jealous corrupted billionaires, who routinely lies and manipulates info and science that could prevent player death and brain damage, over every scientist ever.

But when confronted with these facts fans just jam their fingers in their ears, because they hate Tom Brady, who's only guilty of one "crime" and that "crime" is kicking the shit out of their favorite sports team for 15 years.

Btw this is ignoring the fact that Tom Brady wasn't suspended for deflating footballs, he was suspended for not letting them have his cellphone after they said they didn't need his cellphone.

And any fan that slams Tom Brady for "having something to hide" seems to conveniently forget that he agreed to release hundreds of his own private emails onto the internet while the NFL attempted to seal them.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok then what was all that business about the equipment guys and how one was nicknamed "The Deflator"? Was that just made up? (serious question I don't actually know if this was true or not)

Ok then what was all that business about the equipment guys and how one was nicknamed "The Deflator"? Was that just made up? (serious question I don't actually know if this was true or not)
The context of that text is that its preceded by another conversation between Mcnally and john jastremski discussing footballs that the refs inflated to 16 PSI (2.5 lbs over the legal limit) during the Jets game in 2014

The NFL also had Texts from Mcnally stating that the Balls should have been at 12.5 in the AFCCG

Let us know when you come out of your echo chamber
You seem to be implying that everything I just said isn't backed up by facts.

Or you're being willfully ignorant and abrasive.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The context of that text is that its preceded by another conversation between Mcnally and john jastremski discussing footballs that the refs inflated to 16 PSI (2.5 lbs over the legal limit) during the Jets game in 2014

The NFL also had Texts from Mcnally stating that the Balls should have been at 12.5 in the AFCCG

You seem to be ignoring the fact that no one in here is engaging in your arguments, that you're talking to yourself, that you're cherry picking points and arguments that support your case, and that your own biases inherently lead you to news outlets and stories that support your world view.

The vast majority of us don't hate Tom Brady, don't give two shits about Deflategate any more, and don't care to engage with this story. A fact that you choose to willfully ignore, instead listening to those thoughts and opinions which support your persecution complex.

So like I said, let us know when you exit the echo chamber.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that no one in here is engaging in your arguments, that you're talking to yourself
I'd venture to say that quite a few people have responded to me the last day or so including yourself.

you're cherry picking points and arguments that support your case, and that your own biases inherently lead you to news outlets and stories that support your world view.
Are you cherry picking when every single news outlet and common sense argument supports your views?

If you want to cherry pick why don't you try to defend Rodger Goodell's actions and advocate for the guilt of Tom Brady.

The vast majority of us don't give two shits about Deflategate any more, and don't care to engage with this story.
Since deflategate reignited discussion in this thread after it went unposted in for roughly a month, id again venture to say that people do care to some extent, and since the ramifications of it reach to every team in the league, everyone should care.

So like I said, let us know when you exit the echo chamber.
Thank you for reminding me that I have the ability to post on a public forum with like minded individuals who are interested in the NFL and current events regarding it.

I think most people are in agreement that Brady should not be suspended because he wasn't proven to have done anything, but it's incredibly naive to suggest he literally did nothing. His behavior was suspect and he probably had something to do with it, there just wasn't enough hard evidence to directly prove it. That being said, I'd really love this to just all be over so we can get back to real football.

This. DeflateGate is stupid as fuck. Can we please talk about actual football instead of this bullshit?
Only a few more weeks until preseason :D

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Posting to say that literally all you need is to just google deflategate gas law to find literally every one agreeing that they did jack and shit wrong. Any and all relevant data points surrounding the deflation of footballs must be colored by the fact that THEY WERENT DEFLATED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The echo chamber wall being perceived then is more likely surrounding those who insist on repeating that they and everyone else doesn't care over and over and over again after being caught saying stupid shit as opposed to like, you know, actually not caring and actively skimming past pretzels posts.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Did you mean: pervnert

No results containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - ideal gas law - did not match any documents.

I'm trying to ask you why he is there in the first place.

These 2 statements are not interchangeable.

The court said nothing about fair punishment

They ruled that Goodell can suspend your team's best player for 16 games with no evidence for having their shoelaces untied.

Which is why Patriots fans are so upset.
No

You're just accepting the lies the NFL is spoonfeeding you because this case is far too dense and complex for anyone that hasn't devoted hours and hours to pouring over hundreds of pages of court documents to get to the actual facts.

There's definitely a scientific consensus in this case

And that consensus is that the footballs were within regulation when the ideal gas law is taken into account

Scientists from dozens and dozens of universities across the country have completely discredited all of the findings of exponent (the organization hired by Ted Wells to basically make shit up and affirm a guilty verdict that was in place from day 1) and have slammed the NFL for being full of shit.

Literally what anyone who sides against Brady is doing is believing Roger Goodell, a personality-less, human sock puppet for jealous corrupted billionaires, who routinely lies and manipulates info and science that could prevent player death and brain damage, over every scientist ever.

But when confronted with these facts fans just jam their fingers in their ears, because they hate Tom Brady, who's only guilty of one "crime" and that "crime" is kicking the shit out of their favorite sports team for 15 years.

Btw this is ignoring the fact that Tom Brady wasn't suspended for deflating footballs, he was suspended for not letting them have his cellphone after they said they didn't need his cellphone.

And any fan that slams Tom Brady for "having something to hide" seems to conveniently forget that he agreed to release hundreds of his own private emails onto the internet while the NFL attempted to seal them.

I'd venture to say that quite a few people have responded to me the last day or so including yourself.

Are you cherry picking when every single news outlet and common sense argument supports your views?

If you want to cherry pick why don't you try to defend Rodger Goodell's actions and advocate for the guilt of Tom Brady.

Since deflategate reignited discussion in this thread after it went unposted in for roughly a month, id again venture to say that people do care to some extent, and since the ramifications of it reach to every team in the league, everyone should care.

Thank you for reminding me that I have the ability to post on a public forum with like minded individuals who are interested in the NFL and current events regarding it.

Well Deflategate is over

The leagues best player for the last 15 years got suspended and railroaded over literally nothing and the average NFL fan's reaction to the actual facts of the case is this:

Goodell and willful ignorance win again.

I don't care that you don't care

But you have my sincere thanks for grouping all my posts into one gigantic quote so everyone can view them again because this is extremely important stuff we're talking about here seeing as its the biggest loss for player rights in NFL history.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In football news not related to attempts to ramrod Brady as the greatest thing since sliced bread down our throats, Buffalo Bills back up Running Back Karlos Williams was suspended for 4 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The over/under on games before McCoy tears his ACL currently sits at 8.

Well Deflategate is over

The leagues best player for the last 15 years got suspended and railroaded over literally nothing and the average NFL fan's reaction to the actual facts of the case is this:

Goodell and willful ignorance win again.

I don't care that you don't care

But you have my sincere thanks for grouping all my posts into one gigantic quote so everyone can view them again because this is extremely important stuff we're talking about here seeing as its the biggest loss for player rights in NFL history.
DeflateGate isn't over until you stop bitching about it. Brady wisely chose to not go to the SCOTUS. That's the end of it. Period. There should be no more whining and complaining and bitching over what happened. Is it reasonable? In my opinion, no not really. But the constant drama pissed me off ever since it was first announced. We all just need to put it behind us as we start 2016-17. We all know that yadda yadda yadda Brady will be pissed and that will inevitably lead to another division title if nothing else. You Pats fans should be grateful that your first 4 game stretch where Brady is suspended is really easy bar the opening Cardinals game. 3-1 in that stretch.
Anyhow, I'm just looking forward to the preseason. Hey, preseason football is better than no football. Plus the Hall Of Fame induction is happening soon too.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The echo chamber wall being perceived then is more likely surrounding those who insist on repeating that they and everyone else doesn't care over and over and over again after being caught saying stupid shit as opposed to like, you know, actually not caring and actively skimming past pretzels posts.
you can't say you don't care and then post anyways. Pretzels has been right on EVERY point, even if it's driving us to the point of insanity, and people are just ignoring it. At this point that's fine, but they don't ignore it because apparently they do care, considering they're STILL trying to somehow justify the suspension.

Texas Cloverleaf

You still don't get.

Not a single person here has attempted to justify the suspension. I'd wager that most of us, myself included don't think he should be suspended.

But guess what, we moved on from the whole scandal months ago, especially once it hit the courts. The constant need to bring it up over and over again is entirely unnecessary and isn't football related news anyone outside of Massachussets cares to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)