The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting at least four or five touchdowns for him. Plenty of dudes to pass to.

*Edit*

Guess four was too hard to get apparently.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
And finally...lmfao @ Richard Sherman holding Mike Evans and then begging the ref for a flag on him.
Sherman's a cunt who complains about not getting favorable treatment...and that won't change considering the amount of favorable treatment he's gotten the last few years.
I hope the Patriots have 53 mystery tents on the sideline next game
I think Brady just had to rub one out tbh

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Who would be considered the best Tight Ends in the league after Gronk and how far do you have to go before you get to Martellus Bennet?

I'm thinking Greg Olsen and that's it.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Who would be considered the best Tight Ends in the league after Gronk and how far do you have to go before you get to Martellus Bennet?

I'm thinking Greg Olsen and that's it.
Depends on what kind of tight end. I'd argue travis kelce, jimmy graham, Jordan reed and greg Olsen are better than Bennett. Jason witten is still better all around, and I'd argue that Antonio gates is up there too. Bennett is certainly good, but his health is also an issue

Also Pretzels can you please stop pretending you're even the slightest bit worried. you know perfectly well you're still getting a first round bye even without Gronk down the stretch.

Technically the Patriots can reach their usual 12-4 record and still miss the playoff. But that probably changes in a week or two, since it requires the Dolphins, Broncos, Chiefs, and Raiders to stay perfect when they don't play each other.

Also Delanie Walker

TheValkyries

I reject Kelce and Reed on the grounds of fuck the chiefs and racial slurs.

I'll accept Graham.

Has Witten even had that good of a season this year? Is Antonio Gates even still in the league?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Meh. While a clearly missed call based on how the rules are applied these days, we all also know it's a dumb rule because it doesn't actually do anything to address player safety. QBs are not being saved by penalizing a dude who is close enough to hitting them that he can't reasonably stop his motion or momentum to avoid it as the QB is throwing the ball. (And QBs aren't vulnerable in the same way that a midair kicker with their leg outstretched is.) Besides which the play never should've happened because the LT blatantly false started, Badford airmailed it like LOL anyway, all the penalty would've even done was give the Vikes a retry on the conversion from the 3.5 (because they already got called for one false start) and even a successful conversion only ties the game.

Cyborg Witten is actually 4th in receptions and 6th in receiving yards currently (SURPRISE!), although his blocking is declining in age. Grandpa Gates is T-2nd in TDs. I wouldn't say they're better than Bennett right now and he's solidly in the 5-8 range prob, still doesn't really matter that much because gap between Gronk and everyone else is still pretty large (or at least the gap in the top 2-4 pending how highly you regard some of the other current top TEs).

False start or not, they'd replay the try. That's the best you could hope for when you see the pass sail 10 feet over your target.

Bennett would probably slip into top 5 for me if he was fully healthy.

Pretzels can you please stop pretending you're even the slightest bit worried. you know perfectly well you're still getting a first round bye even without Gronk down the stretch.
No Patriots fan cares about the annual trip to the AFC Championship game.

Obviously The Patriots will coast to the no.1 seed because they have the greatest player of all time at QB.

Winning the AFC Championship and superbowl is what I care about.

The Patriots go from the only team with 2 of the NFL's 10 best players to a team with only the NFL's best player and really nothing much else.

Aside from Brady there's no one on the Pats offense or defense that really scares you, most non-pats fans can't even name the Patriots 3rd best player.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Patriots go from the only team with 2 of the NFL's 10 best players

Um, Antonio brown and le'veon bell are definitely in the top 10, so you're not the only team...

Other than that you are still alright without Gronk, and he'll be back in time for the afcc anyway. if you'd lost brady you'd be in more trouble, but I'll wager you could still win even the afcc without Gronk.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Mitchell is the real deal, from what's been coming out of the locker room he's a selfless player who's work ethic is second-to-none.

TheValkyries

I'd have faith that we'd be fine without gronk given how loaded the offense is but given how our oline is not really doing too much great work McDaniels is going to flounder to figure out what to do. He'll run the offense to Gronkowski's brother in hopes of not having to change anything before he adapts and utilizes all the tools he has in creative ways.

Edit: Looked it up on football outsiders. The patriots are ranked 8th worst in 3 and out frequency. Is it possible to comprehend how malignantly odious you have to be to fail to scheme a first down with this team? To be clear after the drive starts they're rated the 6th most efficient team at getting first downs! 6th! How the fuck does that even happen?

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
ITT Patriots fans searching for reasons to doubt their team because they're bored of winning all the time

In other news, Joe McKnight was shot to death in Louisiana over a road rage incident. Good grief -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)