The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Not sleeping on them at all. Just taking my customary jabs at you since I'm a Steelers fan. The Ravens will be in playoff contention absolutely, and the two games against the Steelers will, again, be decided by 3 points or less and the series will be split 1-1 :)
Was more aimed at Valkyries! Yeah that's definitely gonna happen, unless one of us starts a backup qb away from home, in which case the team with the backup will go 2-0.

the Ravens did not beat the Jags because they were the better team.

they beat them because our QB is playing like a scared high school second stringer.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
the Ravens did not beat the Jags because they were the better team.

they beat them because our QB is playing like a scared high school second stringer.
And our qb has been setting the world on fire right? Aside from that string of 21 completions, Flacco has been quite mediocre. Our defense shits on yours right now and our special teams went nuts, that's why we won. Your qb definitely helped but give the D some credit.

If I was a Ravens fan i'd be concerned about Joe Flacco playing like a bottom 10 QB since the start of last season and not really looking like hes going to improve.

They have a pretty strong roster otherwise, very few holes in it.
That's definitely the concern, that and our run blocking. We actually have a decent receiver core for the first time, so I'm done with excuses for Joe.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
And our qb has been setting the world on fire right? Aside from that string of 21 completions, Flacco has been quite mediocre. Our defense shits on yours right now and our special teams went nuts, that's why we won. Your qb definitely helped but give the D some credit.

That's definitely the concern, that and our run blocking. We actually have a decent receiver core for the first time, so I'm done with excuses for Joe.
no, that win was because of REALLY poor play calling and a gameplan that wouldn't let bortles even make deep reads; basically Greg Olson happened. Oh and the FG block was a shank and wouldn't have been blocked if it was a good kick, so "special teams went nuts" = jags special teams played like shit considering that was the only notable special teams play. your defense played well because the jags offensive line sucked but they tried to play smashmouth / west coast. The ravens offense was held in check the entire game. I don't even understand what you're talking about when you talk about your defense shitting on ours in that game. Go to a stat sheet if you don't believe me, or more importantly, a drive chart.

Oh brother. NE is gonna tank hard so the fans clamor for their lord and savior to return and he will their next game. Then they will beat off every second to him. NFL narrative fulfillment.

The silver lining of the pats game is that It should shut up the "Tom Brady is a system QB" people (the dumbest people in sports) for awhile.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The silver lining of the pats game is that It should shut up the "Tom Brady is a system QB" people (the dumbest people in sports) for awhile.
It won't.

On the upside McDaniels has reignited my crusade to get him the fuck out of New England so he can stop being a miserably horrid fuck rescued by ridiculous levels of talent. Heard he's being eyed for head coaching jobs. Hopes he gets one and shows off what a miserable loser he is.

*sigh* Welp Andrew Luck's been doing a lot better this season than last year but the slow starts are still killing the Colts as well as a bad defense and shoddy O Line that can't protect anything. About what I expected minus the optimism I once had. I hate making excuses but our front office is really at fault for failing to acquire protection for your franchise QB as well as a defense that'll take at least a little pressure off the QB and not only that but give your GM that's done a terrible job a FOUR YEAR EXTENSION. Jim Irsay might be dumber than Jerry Jones.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The fact the jags win is actually more triggering because it probably saved this team going into full on "fuckit" mode and actually taking shots. Yall can see why im so pissed with greg olson, the ball never traveled more than 30 yards in the air the entire game and with AR, ML, and RG, all burners/jump ball guys, that's just pathetic waste.

What an ugly line from Luck. I'm beginning to doubt his true talent level, he's been mediocre for awhile now.
a year ago I compared A. Luck to A. Dalton and proved (???) the Red Rifle was superior. it's gotten about 5x worse sense then.

ESPN is just in denial that both their posterboys from that draft could possibly be flops, so they'll never let Luck fade in their minds the same way Matthew Stafford kinda has (who, despite being a "bretty gud" QB, is barely talked about ever).

Stallion

Tree Young
I'm enjoying watching Flacco run for his life every play
Missing 2/5 of our starting OL against the Raiders front 7 was never going to end well. Once I found out Stanley was out, I expected to lose by double digits tbh. Our defense was way better than the score reflected, but we consistently gave up stupid penalties on both sides of the ball (and Harbaugh has his worst coached game I ever remember) which is a big reason why we lost. That Derek Carr fellow is pretty good too.

a year ago I compared A. Luck to A. Dalton and proved (???) the Red Rifle was superior. it's gotten about 5x worse sense then.

ESPN is just in denial that both their posterboys from that draft could possibly be flops, so they'll never let Luck fade in their minds the same way Matthew Stafford kinda has (who, despite being a "bretty gud" QB, is barely talked about ever).
Luck is one of the best QBs in the league. That may sound biased but really Andrew has been the only reason the Colts aren't 0-4 and being blown out. They've lost all 3 games so far by 5 or less. All of which Luck attempted to win the game late but the combination of bad playcalling, and a bad roster has prevented him from doing so. Dalton had a great year last year(Idk if I'd call it a breakout or not) but Luck wasn't healthy even when he did start so I don't think last year is a fair comparison. Dalton is good don't get me wrong but when both are healthy, Luck's better in my opinion.
Also, give Luck AJ Green and the Bengals' O Line and run game and see how he does :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)