The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really blame Andrew Luck for the Colts struggles, his dysfunctional Franchise is whats holding him back.

His owner is a drug addict and his GM is a buffoon that's more interested in tattling on other teams than constructing a passable roster.

And his Franchise is cursed because they started (Warning banned Phrase)
DEFLATEGATE

And btw I hate the Colts more than anything in case anyone here didn't know.

Luck is one of the best QBs in the league. That may sound biased but really Andrew has been the only reason the Colts aren't 0-4 and being blown out. They've lost all 3 games so far by 5 or less. All of which Luck attempted to win the game late but the combination of bad playcalling, and a bad roster has prevented him from doing so. Dalton had a great year last year(Idk if I'd call it a breakout or not) but Luck wasn't healthy even when he did start so I don't think last year is a fair comparison. Dalton is good don't get me wrong but when both are healthy, Luck's better in my opinion.
Also, give Luck AJ Green and the Bengals' O Line and run game and see how he does :^)
Can you list a single reason why Luck is a good QB? What big wins does he have? What stats does he excel in? What success has he contributed to? He's pumped up his stats for years against a terrible AFC South, and the only stats he has that be considered "good" are based on volume alone. He could maybe be better than Dalton on the Bengals, sure, but the "He doesn't have any taaaaaaaaalent" excuse only goes so far. The great QBs in this league right now have done more with less, and Luck has not.

And yes, if you compare any of Luck's efficiency stats to Dalton's, Dalton is clearly superior and trending up. Luck is literally Joe Flacco tier and apparently not improving.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
I can't put up Luck up with tier 1 qbs like Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Brady (in no particular order) but he does hurt from Pagano's play calling and insistence of running the ball before passing. Frustrating to see luck do nothing for the first half and then throw for 200 yards and 2 tds in the 2nd half

Can you list a single reason why Luck is a good QB? What big wins does he have? What stats does he excel in? What success has he contributed to? He's pumped up his stats for years against a terrible AFC South, and the only stats he has that be considered "good" are based on volume alone. He could maybe be better than Dalton on the Bengals, sure, but the "He doesn't have any taaaaaaaaalent" excuse only goes so far. The great QBs in this league right now have done more with less, and Luck has not.

And yes, if you compare any of Luck's efficiency stats to Dalton's, Dalton is clearly superior and trending up. Luck is literally Joe Flacco tier and apparently not improving.
Luck is only entering his 4th year in the league so expecting him to be in the same tier as Big Ben, Brees, and Brady is ridiculous. But Luck along with Wilson and Cam are the most talented and best young QBs. Luck has a cannon arm AND he has the athleticism to scramble and be a playmaker outside the pocket. Dalton on the other hand doesn't have either of those to the same extent. Dalton's efficiency is honestly inflated because the Bengals have a great O Line, a run game, and receivers who can catch unlike Luck. TY Hilton is good but he has the dropsies and so does every Colts WR(and Dwayne Allen >:[ ) Put Luck on the Bengals and he's a superstar. Put Dalton on the Colts and he won't be nearly as good

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Didn't Big Ben get to the AFC championship game his first year and then win a Super Bowl his next year? Didn't Brady win a Super Bowl his first year?

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I wasn't gonna say anything about that out of respect Pretzels. Why you gotta do our wonderful moderator waterbomb like that?

Also it took Aaron Rodgers 3 seasons to win his title as a starter.

So basically what I'm saying is if Luck was gonna be that he would've shown that he is that. Luck is scoping out being a Brett Favre not a dominant elite pinnacle of passing but a back yard baller whose gonna give you wild rides. Not that that's the worst outcome for a QB but it's long past due to give up the hype train as the second coming of P. Mann.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ben went 15-1 in his wookiee season, with the only loss being to tom brady in that afc championship which you can't really say was unexpected. He also was not intended to play at all, he was thrust into action week 2 when Tommy Maddox got hurt. That being said, he did not carry that team. He mostly managed games while a strong running game, defense, and o line did the work. His stats were pretty average and he didn't attempt a ton of passes. Same with the following year when they won the super bowl. Yes I'm a steelers fan and yes I think big Ben is a top 5 qb, but he didn't become that until several years into his career. He was fortunate enough to be drafted by a stable organization with excellent coaching and talent all around him which allowed him to develop properly and gain the confidence to become who he is today.

Luck, talented as he is, is sadly not in that same situation. He was drafted to be the savior of that franchise and expected to be the next Peyton manning. He had iffy coaching and zero talent around him to begin with. I think he's done damn well with what he's had to work with.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Situation is extremely important in a QBs development. I won't argue that Luck has not lived up to his billing. But when your organization top to bottom just isn't good, it hurts your ceiling a lot. Grigson is clearly a trash GM and the Colts have to be one of the most talent devoid teams in the league. Can't speak too much to Pagano but it's hard to win without talent.

Luck is a good QB but has a completely different playstyle than Manning and was only hyped to be the next Manning cause he took his spot. The two are nothing alike.
Peyton never had a lot of athleticism but he had the mind and intelligence of a football god. Luck is an athlete with a rocket arm. Two different styles.
Situation is extremely important in a QBs development. I won't argue that Luck has not lived up to his billing. But when your organization top to bottom just isn't good, it hurts your ceiling a lot. Grigson is clearly a trash GM and the Colts have to be one of the most talent devoid teams in the league. Can't speak too much to Pagano but it's hard to win without talent.
Luck, talented as he is, is sadly not in that same situation. He was drafted to be the savior of that franchise and expected to be the next Peyton manning. He had iffy coaching and zero talent around him to begin with. I think he's done damn well with what he's had to work with.
You guys pretty much nailed it on this assessment. The Colts organization is run by a druggie and now it's showing. Fuck Irsay. Fuck Grigson. Fuck Pagano.
Also, Ben, Brady, and Brees have all had the privilege of playing for a great coach same with Wilson and Cam. Luck? LOL. I wish the Colts would deliver on their potential with Luck but with Irsay still in town, it's not gonna happen.

I'm worried Carr might secretly be Alex Smith :(
I believe his longest attempt of the day was a 26 yard completion to Crabtree. And no offense to the Ravens but I don't think they have the players to cover Amari deep 100% of the the game. Whether it's Carr or the playcalling, it's frustrating but I'm torn because this is the best record I've ever seen us have.

I'm worried Carr might secretly be Alex Smith :(
I believe his longest attempt of the day was a 26 yard completion to Crabtree. And no offense to the Ravens but I don't think they have the players to cover Amari deep 100% of the the game. Whether it's Carr or the playcalling, it's frustrating but I'm torn because this is the best record I've ever seen us have.
The gamewinning throw Carr made to Crabtree was a throw Alex Smith only dreams about making.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
He doesn't look like he's in football shape to me. Probably still better than Gabbert though

Piece of shit fuckin Philadelphia. You had one fuckin job and apparently you were hyped for nothin. Thanks for blowing my week's pick. Now go and lose the next three games.

Breaking News:
Atlanta is a legitimate contender now that they've defeated the 4-0 Broncos and the defending champions.
But for real, I think it's time to take the Falcons seriously and holy shit the Vikings are unstoppable.
NFC>AFC

I was at work at could only glance at scores and some live plays among all the games. Anyone here was watching that game? Did Atlanta's defense do the work or was it Denver's offense just not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)