The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. Look at this schedule and tell me the Colts are going 8-8 or worse. Also, Andrew Luck will only miss at the most 2 games. He is 90% healthy but his injury is one he's been playing through since 2015 and Pagano and Ballard are cautious and rightfully so about putting him in in early season games in our easier stretch. The Colts defense was a key aspect of new GM Chris Ballard's first offseason. He obviously can't undo 4 years of Ryan Grigson's shitty drafting and FA decisions in one offseason but he did a great job infusing the unit with more youth and competition. It's not great but it's a great improvement in one offseason. Also, the offensive line issues are greatly over exaggerated. In the last 4-5 games of 2016 the line allowed Luck to be one of the least hit quarterbacks in the league which is a positive sign going forward even with Ryan Kelly's injury.
And with that being said, the Colts are NOT worse than the Broncos, Chargers, Ravens, or Bengals. Chiefs is debatable. Based on this schedule and our roster, I'd say we should go 11-5 or 10-6 which should snag one of the 2 wild card spots. I think Houston wins the division by a game only because of Luck's injury though.
1) We're against the Rams...As bad as Scott Tolzien is, he can win that game and then Jacoby can start until Luck is ready but Luck should be ready for Week 2 to be honest.
2) I know we have Jaguars fans in here that will beat me up for saying this, but there's no way the Colts are worse than them. The Jags always have hype but they can't seem to ever produce anything resembling a productive football team because of their quarterback situation and bad offensive line and they think spending big in free agency helps. Colts, Texans, and Titans will fight for the division and the Jags will be lucky to have 6 wins unless I can be proven wrong for once regarding their offense.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ben has been bad by his standards this year but he's still been in the upper half of the league. The problem is his deep ball accuracy basically fell off a cliff, meaning defenses can stack the line of scrimmage and crossing routes without fear of being beaten over the top. I believe he'll pull it together for the stretch run, but he'll certainly retire after this season. I've actually contemplated what it'd be like if we picked up cousins, but there's no way Pittsburgh shells out 25mil per year on a free agent qb. Dobbs has enough talent and protection around him that he should be able to grow comfortably in the system the same way Ben did his first few years. We'll just have to wait and see.

Imagine being in playoff contention for the first time in like 20 years and deciding to start a thing named Nathan Peterman over actually pretty good quarterback Tyrod Taylor

I know Peterman looks horrible 4 Picks in barely 2 quarters is crazy

Bills should not have started him and he should be gone by now

making the LA Defense look so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)