The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That is the worst roughing the passer call I have ever seen. Fuck the NFL has gone soft. Gifted the Texans a trip into the redzone.

I'm probably late to the party, but at least a large portion of the Jaguars defensive statistics are due to the supreme lack of quality among AFC offenses. They thumped the Steelers, sure, but you can pin 80% of that game on Big Ben. The Chargers lost a close game in OT to the Jags, but that was a 1 PM east coast game (historically terrible for west coast teams) and the Rams beat the Jags.

If you toss out the Texans (who played Savage most of the game, and were only good with Watson) the next best offense the Jags have played is the Cardinals, who are the 18th best offense. The Jags have also played the 32nd, 31st, 27th, 24th, 23rd, and 20th ranked offenses. Not exactly stiff competition.

Kinda telling how big the disparity is between the NFC and AFC offenses actually. If my math is correct, the AFC is 18-28 vs the NFC this year, compared to 33-30-1 last year. If you look at offenses, 12 of the top 18 offenses are in the NFC, and some of the 6 AFC teams don't really even belong there (Houston without Watson, KC without whatever magic was keeping Alex Smith alive, and probably Jacksonville lol). One of the four NFC teams not there is the Rodgersless packers. The NFC has all the quarterbacks, and outside the Patriots and Steelers the rest of the AFC is really feeling it.

I'm also not really buying the Vikings, I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't exactly feel right that they are the class of the NFC right now. Only their first and last games (Saints and Rams) were particularly impressive, and I would fade them in both their next two games at Atlanta and Carolina.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Hasn’t Brady only won 2 total MVPs. How can they be tired of voting for him they never voted for him before.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only because he and Peyton manning were playing at the same time and mvp voting happens before the playoffs. Everyone knows he's one of the greatest of all time so it feels like he's won a lot more.

where's our giants boy some hero to give us his hot take on this hot pile of shit

also i can't believe how bad the six seed is looking in the AFC right now... ravens/bills/chargers? yuck. yeah chargers look good right now but they always flirt with a couple good games before shitting the bed.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
where's our giants boy some hero to give us his hot take on this hot pile of shit

also i can't believe how bad the six seed is looking in the AFC right now... ravens/bills/chargers? yuck. yeah chargers look good right now but they always flirt with a couple good games before shitting the bed.
I think the chargers finally realized that Melvin Gordon is not going to carry them and they should utilize their hof-worthy qb a lot more. It's amazing how underrated Phil rivers is after all these years of being consistently great.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Hot take from patriots fans: Brady should’ve won the mvp last year not Matt Ryan.

We will not be satisfied until Brady has a record 6 nfl mvp awards to spite the over hype of Greater Manning.

People realise. They're just sick of you talking about it lol
oh i'm sure you guys realize it since I'm an annoying as hell Brady worshiper who never shuts up about him and his accomplishments.

I'm talking about the media and stuff

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
as a non-pats fan ive seen very little brady praise all year, even on this thread. Not digging it.

Also, i don't think this is the time where the "jags defense is mortal" thing should come into play (not that they're immortal), I think this is where we should look and say holy shit the offense can't hold the ball for shit when it can't run. Also they can prepare for mobile qbs, they just didn't prepare for gabbert's legs. odd, considering i never saw his legs in jacksonville since he couldn't avoid sacks to save his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)