The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ravens have been the one team that "nobody wants to play" in the playoffs for two straight seasons despite not making the playoffs for two straight seasons.

Quite the accomplishment

They haven't won a single big game in 3 years, all they do is beat bottom feeders.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm just glad we apparently have two Antonio Browns on our team. Also the legendary Ian Garvey has stated this year is going to be an eagles - Steelers super bowl, so you can pretty much bet money on that. See y'all in February!

bahahahahahahahaha so salty man we'll make fun of anybody for making a really shitty prediction so pull up your big boy shorts and own it ffs.

The notion that the Colts could compete with anybody just because of andrew luck is absurd. Grigson made them shit from top to bottom and denying that is just dumb. And again, the notion that Deshaun Watson could've brought the Texans back in the division race? I don't see them beating the Jags in Jacksonville in December w Bortles playing as well as he did.

Also, unpopular opinion but I think this is exactly what the Jags needed to get off the high horse and back to that dark horse mentality that allowed them to go bully the Steelers on the road early in the season. They were everybody's "sneaky super bowl pick" (not so sneaky since so many people were picking them mostly out of hatred for the pats and steelers) and once the 49ers game happened everybody jumped off the bandwagon and evacuated like hurricane irma all over again. I think it's exactly what they needed, especially remembering this isn't the first game where the team sort of lost their cool (@NY in which a couple boneheaded mistakes cost them the game).
Luck would not have affected the Colts much this season. He probably would have been put out another year or two again.

Looking forward to this funny ass 49ers win. Rams are sitting a bunch of guys now.
Lol the Colts with Luck healthy are a force to be reckoned with. They improved the O-Line, and the defense through free agency and the draft in year 1 of Ballard. But who said I was denying that Grigson put together a bad roster? The Colts made the playoffs and made further advances each year IN SPITE OF Grigson’s shitty roster Luck’s first 3 years. Why? Because of Luck. That’s literally the reason. This Colts team was decimated by injuries other than Andrew but there’s no reason to believe that the Colts with a healthy roster + Luck could not have taken the division or made the playoffs. I’ll admit being wrong as I ended up being wrong but I stand by my statements and state of reason that I stated earlier. Also, Watson was single handedly carrying Houston before he went out and he was on a TEAR. Much like Luck did in his first few years, Watson could have won the South by himself because he’s that good. But the Jags took an opportunity and ran with it and for that I give them props. I just wish that instead of 2 9-7 wild cards in the AFC, we could have a healthy Luck/Watson, AND Jacksonville.
And yes, I am bitter or salty. But after being lied to by the team about Luck’s timetable, and seeing injury after injury, I would justify it. Oh well. Shit happens. Happy 2018!

I come back and, surprise surprise, a Jags fan is talking shit and trying so hard to expose me LOL. You know, as well as I do, and as well as everyone else does, that who succeeds in an NFL season is heavily swayed by injuries AND that breakout teams are nearly impossible to predict. The NFL is basically a guessing game. I guess you’re just bitter of all those years of being in the basement and now you can finally gloat. Except you do realize that if Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson were healthy this would be a different AFC South right? But whatever, enjoy what little success you have left until New England or Pittsburgh destroys you in the playoffs :)

Also, unpopular opinion but I think this is exactly what the Jags needed to get off the high horse and back to that dark horse mentality that allowed them to go bully the Steelers on the road early in the season. They were everybody's "sneaky super bowl pick" (not so sneaky since so many people were picking them mostly out of hatred for the pats and steelers) and once the 49ers game happened everybody jumped off the bandwagon and evacuated like hurricane irma all over again. I think it's exactly what they needed, especially remembering this isn't the first game where the team sort of lost their cool (@NY in which a couple boneheaded mistakes cost them the game).
naw man i've been saying the same thing. they were getting high on their reputation and believing their own hype, which is fine to an extent, but now they're back to having to actually prove they're the best.

lots of young guys still learning, and that's a good place to be when they have as much talent as this bunch.

If either of them were vs the Titans or KC, they would win and move on. Does suck when you get fresh teams in the playoffs and the bracket says fuck you.

I kind of wonder if his "subpar" (read: still great) play over the last month is related to that nagging Achilles issue he's been having? The timing makes sense. You have any insider info?
It could be part of it but I'd blame it mostly on the receivers having trouble getting open, Hogan has been hurt/hasn't played at all, Amendola is pretty much just a dude and Cooks has a tendency to completely disappear for stretches.

When teams go man to man against them Gronk is the only guy that wins consistently, last year Edelman was able to aswell which is why his injury is such a big deal. Everybody saw what happened in the dolphins game when Gronk was out, receivers couldn't separate and they got merked.

The offense is pretty RB/TE oriented now because of this and sometimes the receivers go entire drives without seeing a target.

(I'm hoping Malcolm Mitchell comes back and becomes the savior but its unlikely)

Brady still had one of his best games of the season against the Steelers during this stretch of games so hes definitely capable of his dominant midseason level of play.
how can Brady be considered for MVP if he's not even the best Player on his own team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)