The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to the Jaguars, they won the superbowl 4 weeks ago against the Pats so they're probably confused as to why they're still playing.

Best 4 Teams in the league: Pats, Saints, Rams, Chiefs.

Best 4 offenses in the league: Pats, Saints, Rams, Chiefs. (i'd also say the chargers are 5th in both of these rankings)

You aint winning jack shit anymore without a top tier offense.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Best 4 Teams in the league: Pats, Saints, Rams, Chiefs.

Best 4 offenses in the league: Pats, Saints, Rams, Chiefs. (i'd also say the chargers are 5th in both of these rankings)

You aint winning jack shit anymore without a top tier offense.
After watching today, the Saints are most definitely not the second best team in the NFL. They are extraordinarily fortunate to have come away with a win against a Ravens team that does not have a very threatening offense (in spite of the elite defense). Saints also got bailed out by a kicker against the Browns too. Could very easily be 3-3. Rams, Patriots, Chiefs and then the rest.

After watching today, the Saints are most definitely not the second best team in the NFL. They are extraordinarily fortunate to have come away with a win against a Ravens team that does not have a very threatening offense (in spite of the elite defense). Saints also got bailed out by a kicker against the Browns too. Could very easily be 3-3. Rams, Patriots, Chiefs and then the rest.
I watched em roast one of the best defenses in the league on the road in the 4th quarter en route to a win tho.

And I wasn't really ranking em in order either but id probably put the saints as the 3rd best team in the league behind the Pats

Rams are far and away the best right now.

Last edited:
they nearly lost to a Falcons team sans 3 defensive stars too. Saints are very clearly the most overrated NFC team right now but honestly there is no other second best NFC team so we just have to accept that they're the best we've got right now (but clearly a ways behind the Rams, Chiefs, Pats, and Chargers) (fite me Del Rio)

Just gonna let the results on the field do the talking. I find it funny that people think the Chefs are better than the Saints, when they're essentially the Saints of the AFC with a lesser defense.

they nearly lost to a Falcons team sans 3 defensive stars too. Saints are very clearly the most overrated NFC team right now but honestly there is no other second best NFC team so we just have to accept that they're the best we've got right now (but clearly a ways behind the Rams, Chiefs, Pats, and Chargers) (fite me Del Rio)
The only thing clearly evident is that the Rams are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL right now and everything you and Stallion have said regarding the hierarchy of the Saints in comparison to those other teams is debatable at best.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yep agreed with 100% of this post. The Saints are kind of the second best nfc team by default (although I fully expect the Vikings to beat them next week), but the Rams, Chiefs, Pats and Chargers are all clearly better at this stage of the season. I forgot about the Falcons escape too, this is a team that could very easily be 2-4, not the 3-3 that I mentioned first.

What a day for tucker to have his worst kicking game in like 3 years. Saints are lucky to escape with a win. Fuckin despise that team. Was really looking forward to the ravens giving em an L.

Also, both north divisions are a giant clusterfuck and way too close to call right now (except the browns are bad lol because coaching)

Chargers need to wake up though... some of their second halves have been questionable at best

Also holy shit we need melvin gordon back... 45 total rushing yards today or something, shows all those fools who say ekeler > gordon are just high outta their asses

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Also, both north divisions are a giant clusterfuck and way too close to call right now (except the browns are bad lol because coaching)
The Browns are an all-time bad kicker game fluke and a literal win snatched from them by the refs from leading the division.

Stallion

Tree Young
Just gonna let the results on the field do the talking. I find it funny that people think the Chefs are better than the Saints, when they're essentially the Saints of the AFC with a lesser defense.

The only thing clearly evident is that the Rams are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL right now and everything you and Stallion have said regarding the hierarchy of the Saints in comparison to those other teams is debatable at best.
Still find my Chiefs > Saints statement funny?

Chiefs have two road wins and one road almost win against the top three quarterbacks and debatedly teams in the AFC (Chargers, Steelers, Patriots). The Rams have played 2 over .500 teams, the Saints 1, the Chiefs 4.

The Chiefs might not have a competitive game until they are 8-1 and playing the Rams four weeks from now. Meanwhile the Rams and Saints are just now getting into the meat of their schedule, each with five straight games against good or decent teams.

Still find my Chiefs > Saints statement funny?
The Saints have a good enough offense to keep up with the Chiefs tho. Drew Brees and Kamara would shred them.

Chiefs have two road wins and one road almost win against the top three quarterbacks and debatedly teams in the AFC (Chargers, Steelers, Patriots). The Rams have played 2 over .500 teams, the Saints 1, the Chiefs 4.
I wouldn't call the chargers game a "road" win.

And Ben Roethlisberger is low key really bad this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)