The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No memorable plays

No great individual performances (except maybe Edelman)

Only one team showed up

No Sweet Victory

worst super bowl I’ve seen

No memorable plays

No great individual performances (except maybe Edelman)

Only one team showed up

No Sweet Victory

worst super bowl I’ve seen
When the best players were the kickers, you know you done messed up.

At least we still have this:

Last edited:
Also, other than the Eagles and (despite the horrible endings), the Conference Championship games, this year's playoffs have been garbage. Either the games have been blowouts, or boring as hell defensive deathmatches.

Mr.E

im the best
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
Remind yourself they're the New England Patriots, not the Boston Patriots. Foxborough, MA is closer to Providence, RI than Boston.

also I legimately didn't watch the game, I just woke up an hour ago because I didn't sleep overnight like a normal human being and I was just supposed to take a nap from like 3pm-6pm and instead slept a normal "night's" rest :blobshrug: but since the pats won who cares

at least a non-QB got MVP that's cool I guess

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I actually enjoyed the game, and hated the Eagles game because it was basically just a shootout with paper defense on both sides. Here the defense forced every offensive play to matter and they each had to break a wall. Brady eventually punched through on a drive, but it took 3 and a half quarters to get there.

Actually I was sweating the early game because of that early interception, and worried the Pats D wouldn't show up. They showed up bigtime and made it a defensive war. Super tense to watch, but you have to give credit to those high prssure relentless defenses. They're what make sacks, force bad throws and get interceptions, and make it feel like a breatkthrough when your offense finally overcomes them (if they eventually do).

That said, after the Rams got stuffed after the initial interception it seemed like the Patriots had a slow but steady overall control of the game, and pressured the Rams on both sides of the ball much more. The experience gap between Goff and Brady though was just too huge. Goff's defense did a great job on the field, but Goff couldn't back them up and take the pressure off in the end.

Super Bowl 50 is an example of a great defensive showdown. This one sucked because the Rams played like shit. Both sides had creative ways at disguising coverages, but the biggest difference is the game is that the Rams offense played like shit and the Patriots did not. McVay called a horrible game and Goff looked like a rookie out there. The Patriots played well on D, but not fantastically. Goff played horribly because he felt pressure even when there wasn't any and missed throws and decisions all night, and the coaches didn't help him out by running the ball with any consistency, running any draws (I saw literally 0) or calling many screens (I think I saw one?)

The Rams played like a young team with a young coach, and it was painful to watch. That game only felt enjoyable if you're a Pats fan or a masochist.

My 3 month championship drought just ended. Glad to get that monkey off my back.
98 day championship drought: over!
this is why no one likes boston fans

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Shit game, shit result. Only saving grace was the fact that I had the day off work and got to day drink with a bunch of friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)