The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think... drafting especially QBs is a total fucking crapshoot and it really doesn't matter all that much.
You hedge your bets based on their statistical performance, familiarity with pro-style systems, off-the-field character, physical attributes, etc. But ultimately you're still choosing between "guy who's gonna be a bust 40% of the time,"
"guy who's gonna bust 45% of the time, "guy who's gonna bust 50% of the time" and nobody knows which ones, if any, will succeed until they get out onto an NFL field. Preferably for 2-3 years before making a judgement to avoid mislabelling the RG3s and Goffs of the world.

Baker is fine, and personally I'm a little higher on him than the consensus I think when the main knocks against him are "haha he's Drew Brees-short" and "oh man remember that time he planted the flag at OSU's midfield he's a BAD SEED!!" I don't buy into character issues unless they're Manziel-sized problems, there's a far cry from "dude who sometimes goes too far to style on his opponents" and "dude who is physically incapable of not drinking himself into a coma between games at every social gathering in a 100-mile radius." There's been shorter and noodlier-armed QBs that have succeeded in the NFL, who cares.

Maybe more important is the support from the actual team they join,
Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
which is why the Browns are perennial losers regardless and the Patriots make winners out of Tom Brady + 50 nobodies. :smogthink:
Great to be having a discussion on it already. I am Ravens to the Core and this year we are struggling with Salary Cap so need to draft very well but I can't see us doing it . We have an average RB in Collins and Flacco is just a pocket passer that can not scramble but got the biggest contract at the time when Ravens won.
We need changing and that goes as high as Ossie. Can't win nowadays with drafting defensive players all the time.
We can't even trade an offensive player and that says a lot.
Cousins for me will go to Jets and will be a flop because he was average with the Skins and just don't have it IMO to deal with the pressure of New York mentality.
Pats have to make a move soon on QB and this could be the draft class to make a move.
It's actually crazy the amount of picks the Browns and the Colts get but history is on the late pick side of being great. But I may be wrong Jonathan Odgen and Ray Lewis were the first Ravens draft picks ever and Both in Hall of Fame .
I personally think it's a strong enough QB Class coming out but nowadays is more about Linemen and building around that.
Think about it the draft last QB Class that was great way back was maybe Manning year. Brady was a lucky find with Bledsoe getting hurt and for me Brady is the greatest but luck now they need to draft a replacement as do Steelers and I hope Ravens draft a QB because we will never win another with Flacco.
It's actually amazing economic wise how the Patriots tick away and always compete but they need a QB soon and maybe draft one. Who knows.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I know I’m an old fuddy-duddy about this but if you want your offense on the field in overtime then get a fucking Defense. Stop making everything revolve around the offense, please. I’m so fucking tired of the unrestricted reign of offense.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know I’m an old fuddy-duddy about this but if you want your offense on the field in overtime then get a fucking Defense. Stop making everything revolve around the offense, please. I’m so fucking tired of the unrestricted reign of offense.
If I ever invent a time machine I'll take you with me back to the 70s so we can watch defense k?

Well, it looks like Big Dick Nick is taking his talents to Jacksonville. While I am bummed that he's leaving, I'm happy that he won us a Superbowl. I'm also glad that he is finally getting the respect he deserves, and is going to a team that has some promise. Good luck, Nick.

or get a stop when you have the opposing team in 3rd and long 3 separate times on on drive

TheValkyries

The reason chiefs are so good on paper is because the phrase is literal in their case. Their defense is paper.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my theory is that AB is doing this on purpose to sabotage his own value in a trade, in order to hurt the Steelers. They'll either be forced to trade him for less than they want, or keep him where he can half-ass it and get paid.

TheValkyries

“I don’t even know if the Pats would want Antonio fucking Brown.” - A goofball

“I don’t even know if the Pats would want Antonio fucking Brown.” - A goofball
At his currently salary they'd want him because that's good value

But he wants to be the highest paid receiver in the league, which is definitely not good value.

The Pats would never give up high pick for a dude they'd have to pay a premium for, especially if hes older.

They didn't even wanna pay cooks who was 5 years younger.

The Bennett trade they just did (love it) is a good example of them getting a dude that's undervalued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)