The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers openly attacking Lev Bell for trying to get his money.

How bout you attack the organization for not paying him what he deserves and franchising him twice?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Steelers openly attacking Lev Bell for trying to get his money.

How bout you attack the organization for not paying him what he deserves and franchising him twice?
We just ignoring the fact that Bell is behaving like a child here? Both sides are stupid in this ordeal

Not many predicts yet.

AFC East: Pats
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Texans
AFC West: Chargers
AFC WC1: Titans
AFC WC2: Chiefs

NFC East: Eagles
NFC North: Vikings
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Rams
NFC WC1: Packers
NFC WC2: Saints

AFC Championship: Pats vs Chargers
NFC Championship: Vikings vs Rams

Super Bowl: Pats vs Vikings

A few odd choices but there's bound to be some turnover in the playoffs because, there just usually is. Educated-ish guesses. Titans over Jags was a toughie but a regression towards the (still very good) mean for the Jags D could have them missing the playoffs at 8-8 or something similar. Mariota has a new coordinator who should open things up a bit, and my gut says Maholmes will have a great year. Chargers look very complete and threatening. Falcons in the NFC was another tough one I see them having a downish year. NFC is gonna be pretty cutthroat. Don't think the 9ers are ready to make the playoffs either. GMen could be sneaky good. Excited to look back on these at the end of the season and see how wrong I was!

We just ignoring the fact that Bell is behaving like a child here? Both sides are stupid in this ordeal
Someone trying to get paid their worth is never behaving like a child.

Other teams would pay him more than what the Steelers are offering, but hes stuck with them because they chose to franchise him a second time.

And he knows they'll run him into the ground by giving him 450 more touches and then proceed to low ball him again next year.

RBs don't last long so he should try everything he can to get paid what he thinks he deserves.

If the Steelers aren't offering enough guarantees (Gurley level) then he doesn't have to report and risk his future playing for a team that doesn't value him.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Someone trying to get paid their worth is never behaving like a child.
What??? Literally every single working person in the world is trying to get paid their worth; there are countless examples of people doing so in a childish fashion. Holding out and being unprofessional is a classic, common example of this. That statement in itself is silly. There are plenty of players, RBs included, who are not getting what they "deserve" and none of them are doing this.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
doesn't value him? Before the Gurley deal they had already offered him 15mil per year, nearly twice what the next highest back made. Bell has been suspended twice and missed significant portions of multiple seasons to injury. He's also been in the league two years longer than Gurley, which is a lot of wear and tear for a running back. Sure he's the best back in football when he's on the field, but if he's only on the field half the time how much value is he really adding? I would be far more sympathetic to his cause if he were the same age as Gurley and didn't have the lengthy history of missing games. But he does have those things, so screw him.

doesn't value him? Before the Gurley deal they had already offered him 15mil per year, nearly twice what the next highest back made. Bell has been suspended twice and missed significant portions of multiple seasons to injury. He's also been in the league two years longer than Gurley, which is a lot of wear and tear for a running back. Sure he's the best back in football when he's on the field, but if he's only on the field half the time how much value is he really adding? I would be far more sympathetic to his cause if he were the same age as Gurley and didn't have the lengthy history of missing games. But he does have those things, so screw him.
Guarantees are what matters in the NFL not average pay.

And he has alot of "wear and tear" because the Steelers give him 450 carries a year because he's extremely valuable to their offense.

So why report to a team that you're extremely valuable too for another year of 450 carries (thus significantly increasing your "wear and tear" and further depreciating your value) if they won't even pay you that value and are just gonna ride you till you collapse then low ball you again next year?

What??? Literally every single working person in the world is trying to get paid their worth; there are countless examples of people doing so in a childish fashion. Holding out and being unprofessional is a classic, common example of this. That statement in itself is silly. There are plenty of players, RBs included, who are not getting what they "deserve" and none of them are doing this.
What other leverage does he have aside from not showing up? I'm sure in his mind that the only way the Steelers will see what his actual value to them is for them to see what their offense looks like without him on the field.

And you cant really compare him to other real world examples here because his employer is basically holding his rights hostage and he has the chance to get his leg destroyed everyplay which would completely torpedo his market value (and he has no guarantees beyond this year.)

He could easily go elsewhere and make what he thinks his fair value is.

Last edited:
My season predictions

AFC
East:Pats (1 seed)
North:Steelers (2 seed)
South:Titans (4 seed)
West:Chargers (3 seed)

Wildcards:
Texans (5th seed)
Ravens (6th seed)

AFC Championship:
Pats v Chargers

NFC
East:Cowboys (4 seed)
North:Packers (2 seed)
South:Falcons (3 seed)
West:Rams (1 seed)

Wildcards:
Saints (5th seed)
Vikings (6th seed)

NFC Championship

Falcons v Packers

Super Bowl

Pats beat Packers

Random Predictions

-Eagles start the season off slow and cant recover enough to make the postseason
-Giants seriously consider benching Eli at some point in the season
-Kirk Cousins throws for a career high in TD passes
-Gronk breaks the yards or TD record for a TE
-Pats defense is better in terms of yards per game but worse in PPG
-Titans have the leagues best defense
-James white becomes the Pats best RB
-Jags flounder
-Chiefs have the league's worst defense
-Flacco has a decent year (REALLY BOLD PREDICTION)

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
yea, the numbers don't really add up, but consider these all rough estimates

AFC

East
1. Patriots (12-4 to 13-3)
2. Bills (7-9 to 8-8)
3. Dolphins (6-10 to 7-9)
4. Jets (5-11 to 6-10)

North
1. Steelers (10-6 to 11-5)
2. Ravens (8-8 to 9-7)
3. Bengals (5-11 to 6-10)
4. Browns (3-13 to 4-12)

South
1. Jaguars (9-7 to 10-6)
2. Titans (8-8 to 9-7)
2. Texans (8-8 to 9-7)
4. Colts (7-9 to 8-8)

West
1. Chiefs (9-7 to 10-6)
2. Chargers (8-8 to 9-7)
3. Raiders (7-9 to 8-8)
4. Broncos (5-11 to 6-10)

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
----
3. Jaguars
4. Chiefs
----
5. Chargers
6. Ravens

3. Jaguars > 6. Ravens
5. Chargers > 4. Chiefs

1. Patriots > 5. Chargers
2. Steelers > 3. Jaguars

1. Patriots > 2. Steelers

-----------

NFC

East
1. Eagles (11-5 to 12-4)
2. Cowboys (7-9 to 8-8)
2. Giants (7-9 to 8-8)
4. Redskins (4-12 to 5-11)

North
1. Packers (10-6 to 11-5)
2. Vikings (9-7 to 10-6)
3. Bears (7-9 to 8-8)
4. Lions (6-10 to 7-9)

South
1. Saints (10-6 to 11-5)
2. Falcons (8-8 to 9-7)
3. Panthers (7-9 to 8-8)
4. Buccaneers (4-12 to 5-11)

West
1. Rams (12-4 to 13-3)
2. Seahawks (8-8 to 9-7)
3. 49ers (7-9 to 8-8)
4. Cardinals (4-12 to 5-11)

1. Rams
2. Eagles
----
3. Saints
4. Packers
----
5. Vikings
6. Seahawks

3. Saints < 6. Seahawks
4. Packers > 5. Vikings

1. Rams > 6. Seahawks
2. Eagles < 4. Packers

1. Rams > 4. Packers

-----------

Super Bowl: 1. Patriots > 1. Rams, 27-24

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Can't complain about the money on consecutive franchise tags. It's not about the money, short-term anyway. Bell wants a longer deal rather than being jerked around by his organization Kirk Cousins-style, particularly since RB has a much greater risk of fizzling out earlier in their careers than compared to QB where you practically can't even touch them anymore. Kinda shit to get ran into the ground for less money just to prove yourself, then nobody wants to pay you on the back end either because they see the writing on the wall about your impending decline.

That said, Bell is being paid and he is being a little shit.

Buttered Toasts NFL Season Preview

Teams I Love
Patriots

Teams I Like
Ravens (makes browns & steelers fans mad)
Jaguars (good for them, you know?)
Rams (fun to watch)
49ers (Jimmy G is cool)

Teams I Barely Like
Bengals (not the browns/steelers ; fan of the escaloser)
Raiders (adorable)
Bears (friend is a bears fan)
Vikings (I like purple)

Teams I'm Completely Indifferent Towards
Texans
Titans
Broncos
Chiefs
Chargers
Redskins
Lions
Packers
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Buccaneers
Cardinals

Teams I'm Supposed to Hate But Don't
Jets
Bills
Colts
Eagles

Teams I Hate
Giants (lame)
Miami (crap)
Browns (live in cleveland, are annoying)
Cowboys (stupid)
Seahawks (dweebs)
Steelers (the worst)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure why but I've realized I have an irrational dislike for the 49ers, liked Jimmy G when he was a Pat and now it's only disdain. Old Harbaugh rivalry maybe

Wtf happened to Freeman last night? Supposedly injured his knee because dumbass Sarkissian stopped using him. However when asked at the end of the game, devonta said he was fine. Dunno what to make of it

Big Dick Nick predictions for (some of) Sunday's games

Texans > Patriots

Jaguars > Giants

Cowgirls Cowboys < Panthers

Chiefs < San Diego Chargers

DA Bears < Aaron Rodgers Packers

Also, the "green zone" graphic needs to be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)