The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretzels McDaniels is a really great play designer, but he’s immensely bad as a play caller. His playcalling has always been my gripe. He’s extremely slow to adjust and remains stubborn when he shouldn’t which completely unnecessarily stalls the offense. He literally needed Brady to bail him out in 3 consecutive drives at the end to win because he couldn’t break from the gameplan early enough to find success when the chiefs started to stop the run.
I refuse to believe McDaniels deserves any credit for the 4Q of SB51, shit was obviously all Brady

I refuse to believe McDaniels deserves any credit for the 4Q of SB51, shit was obviously all Brady
I feel that it had more to do with the Falcons collapsing faster than the French in WWII. Literally all they needed to do was run the ball 3 times and kick a field goal, and the game would be theirs. Also, used 2 overused memes in the same sentence, Woot!!

The same people getting angry that the patriots are playing up the disrespect card are the same people that disrespected them.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Is it disrespectful to point out that the Patriots looked worse than they have in a long time, or is that called, reasonable and true perhaps?

Is it disrespectful to point out that the Patriots looked worse than they have in a long time, or is that called, reasonable and true perhaps?
People literally just made shit up about Tom Brady's arm strength this year because he had bad games with literal whos at receiver

Also after disproving the "dynasty is dead" talk wrong for what seems like 6 seasons in a row prior to this season, dont they deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Patriots have an elite run game now. Edelman is a top receiver even though he's a "scrappy white guy" and Gronk is healthy. Defense does just enough and Brady is hungry af.

Don't see how they are looking worse.

I’m not sure when last time I posted but it’s been surreal here in Los Angeles with two teams. I haven’t gone to any games since the Rams play in such a populated part of town that going to a game is too big of a hassle. The Chargers play in a more reasonable part of LA but crew them. My brother went to watch them get blown the hell out by the Broncos though(he’s a broncos fan). And Todd Gurley came to my work to film a commercial. That’s the picture I took but that’s just his stunt double. I was too shy to approach the real one for a picture since he was constantly surrounded by a crowd. They let us get pretty close to the stuff the double was doing though.

I’ve seen a couple of Rams flags around but the fans are still not crazy over them. At least I don’t see the hype that the Lakers get yet. So I hope they win so that they’ll become more popular. Local television is filled with Rams stuff, and some charger mentions here and there. I also had a dream of Cooper Kupp which was weird.

I’m still a Giants fan and my 3 brothers who are Broncos, Falcons and Patriots fans respectively have remained with those teams but the Rams are the team we also root for I guess. I don’t think any of will change into full time Rams fans ever, except maybe the Patriots fan who has been following them since 05 only because he’s a big Los Angeles teams’ fan(USC, Lakers, Kings) so he might switch after Brady retires.

Attachments

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Don't see how they are looking worse.
My dude, the patriots lost as many games this season as they did the previous two seasons combined. They were worse than they have been. It’s okay to admit it. The patriots being worse than normal is- terrifyingly- still good enough to win a championship.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In response to the Patriots and the hate they get:

Fuck the Patriots. I am part of that hating machine, but i will be rooting for Tom Brady as an individual

As a sports fan i get that hate is part of the game, no matter what game you are into, but i will root for brady because he has worked hard enough to earn his accolades.

So fuck the pats, but go tom on your last possible run before your bones gives out old man

Just gonna go on a little a lil rant here

The argument that its better to be 4-0 in the superbowl as opposed to 5-4 is the absolute height of stupidity.

To even argue that means that one's intelligence level is less than that of a dirty street puddle amoeba

You shouldn't even be allowed to say something so stupid on national television yet i've heard it atleast 10 times this week

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
should have two more losses tbh if not for the seahawks forgetting that handing the ball off is a legal play and the biggest chokejob in sports history

dynasty never should've started because making up new rules* to kickstart it in the first place

*enforcing an actual rule that nobody ever heard of before at the time because it was never called

I only hate Tom Brady though, I love Bill Belichick.

should have two more losses tbh if seahawks knew how to hand the ball off and if atlanta didn't choke on the biggest dick in sports history

dynasty never should've started because making up new rules* to kickstart it in the first place

*enforcing an actual rule that nobody ever heard of before at the time because it was never called

I only hate Tom Brady though, I love Bill Belichick.

Also, Tuck Rule. That leaves the Pats with 2 SB wins, and 5 Ls. So much for the greatest dynasty of all time.

NFL Honors thoughts:

MVP: Mahomes - nailed; he smoked Brees, Aaron Donald shoulda got some votes tho
OPOY: Mahomes - usually multiple titles going to one player is obnoxious but Mahomes was in another stratosphere this year
DPOY: Donald - nailed; it'll be a shame if he never gets an MVP
OROY: Barkley - I get the Baker snub argument, but I'm ok with it. Barkley is transcendent and a non-QB taking home honors is always a win in my book. Out my face with that Quinton Nelson garb.
DROY: Darius Leonard - nailed; woulda been fine with Derwin James, but the middling talent around Leonard on the Colts' D and the simplicity of their scheme makes his production all the more impressive
CPOY: Luck - prolly most obvious award ever
COY: Matt Nagy - snub; shoulda been Frank Reich. Worse record and yeah, Luck is Luck, but every area of that team got a facelift under Reich, including Luck. A much bigger project than Chicago was. I suppose it's a less Colts-saturated Honors lineup with Nagy.
ACOY: Vic Fangio - nailed; Bears D was THE unit and Fangio deservedly parlayed that into the Denver HC gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)