The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No memorable plays

No great individual performances (except maybe Edelman)

Only one team showed up

No Sweet Victory

worst super bowl I’ve seen

No memorable plays

No great individual performances (except maybe Edelman)

Only one team showed up

No Sweet Victory

worst super bowl I’ve seen
When the best players were the kickers, you know you done messed up.

At least we still have this:

Last edited:
Also, other than the Eagles and (despite the horrible endings), the Conference Championship games, this year's playoffs have been garbage. Either the games have been blowouts, or boring as hell defensive deathmatches.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Remind yourself they're the New England Patriots, not the Boston Patriots. Foxborough, MA is closer to Providence, RI than Boston.

also I legimately didn't watch the game, I just woke up an hour ago because I didn't sleep overnight like a normal human being and I was just supposed to take a nap from like 3pm-6pm and instead slept a normal "night's" rest :blobshrug: but since the pats won who cares

at least a non-QB got MVP that's cool I guess

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I actually enjoyed the game, and hated the Eagles game because it was basically just a shootout with paper defense on both sides. Here the defense forced every offensive play to matter and they each had to break a wall. Brady eventually punched through on a drive, but it took 3 and a half quarters to get there.

Actually I was sweating the early game because of that early interception, and worried the Pats D wouldn't show up. They showed up bigtime and made it a defensive war. Super tense to watch, but you have to give credit to those high prssure relentless defenses. They're what make sacks, force bad throws and get interceptions, and make it feel like a breatkthrough when your offense finally overcomes them (if they eventually do).

That said, after the Rams got stuffed after the initial interception it seemed like the Patriots had a slow but steady overall control of the game, and pressured the Rams on both sides of the ball much more. The experience gap between Goff and Brady though was just too huge. Goff's defense did a great job on the field, but Goff couldn't back them up and take the pressure off in the end.

Super Bowl 50 is an example of a great defensive showdown. This one sucked because the Rams played like shit. Both sides had creative ways at disguising coverages, but the biggest difference is the game is that the Rams offense played like shit and the Patriots did not. McVay called a horrible game and Goff looked like a rookie out there. The Patriots played well on D, but not fantastically. Goff played horribly because he felt pressure even when there wasn't any and missed throws and decisions all night, and the coaches didn't help him out by running the ball with any consistency, running any draws (I saw literally 0) or calling many screens (I think I saw one?)

The Rams played like a young team with a young coach, and it was painful to watch. That game only felt enjoyable if you're a Pats fan or a masochist.

My 3 month championship drought just ended. Glad to get that monkey off my back.
98 day championship drought: over!
this is why no one likes boston fans

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shit game, shit result. Only saving grace was the fact that I had the day off work and got to day drink with a bunch of friends.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
"Brady finished the night 21-of-35 with 262 yards and one interception and helped set the Patriots up for their only touchdown with a 29-yard completion to tight end Robe Gronkowski.

It was Brady's sixth game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime of the Super Bowl. No other quarterback has more than six game-winning drives in the postseason since 1970."

Real talk tho, no Killah you're wrong as hell and tbh everyone is wrong as hell, that was great Defense on both sides. It's not like the Rams are a bad offensive team lol, they were the second highest scoring team in the league. This same Patriots Defense looked much the same last week where they held the Chiefs to 7 points over 3 quarters. The only difference is that didn't happen was the offensive pop-off that everyone could feel was just barely being held off.

How you could watch this game and not be excited about the play? The Patriots hurried Goff on damn near every dropback with Defenders near draped on every receiver, all while vertically blowing up the Rams Zone Blocking scheme near every play when people were just two weeks ago talking about how the Rams Offensive Line was the best in the league. I mean shit how could you not be just ENAMORED with how wide open Brandin Cooks was in the endzone only to see Jason McCourty close the distance in the blink of an eye to break up the play???? Or how many times Marcus Peters just humiliated Chris Hogan on deep one on ones like 3 separate times. The Rams DLine had a really tough time against the Patriots gameplan and Offensive Line scheme, but you could SEE how much pressure they were threatening because of both of those things. Brady was forcing the ball out of his hands way too early making him entirely inaccurate for the FEAR of Aaron Donald and Ndamakung Suh. The Rams defense is built around a single show stopper play that can kill a drive, and they brought it near every drive. 3 of 13 on third down conversion for the Rams, and 3 of 12 for the Patriots. The Defenses played AMAZINGLY WELL and that Super Bowl was RAD AF.

Dollainthewoods

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner’s for Beginners
The pats defense put up a good performance, but you can’t say Goff even had a decent game when he was too busy throwing it at Cj Anderson’s ass and not seeing open players, this sb was shit even if it was a defensive matchup. One touchdown for two top 5 offenses in the league what a joke, I feel bad for anyone who paid money to watch that waste in person, nonetheless those who watched it on tv. The rams had like what 3 first downs in the first half, even if it was a defensive game this shouldn’t happen, not to mention the pats d is one of the worst in the league, even tho they showed up last night. You also can’t say the game was exciting when every other drive was a three and out. The most fun part of watching the game was at the end when Brady seemed so disinterested in talking to anyone and looked like he was about to kiss a dude and that’s just because it was the first bit of shock I had all night. If it wasn’t for Julian Edelman and the only good throw of the game I would’ve been sleeping. The saints would’ve creamed the pats and they deserved to be there. In conclusion without a doubt this was one of the worst sb’s ever. Also the halftime show was a big let down
(Who tf is big boy??)

Not a Pats fan, but I didn't mind this game and idk what the uproar is for. Not sure why everyone was expecting a barn burner without any possibility of a low scoring game. If nothing else, credit both defenses, especially Wade Phillips and the Rams defense for playing the game of their lives, getting key 3rd down stops and holding the Pats to under 14.

I agree McVay could've possibly called a better game, Goff was less than spectacular, and the offense stalled. But even with those factors the Rams still drew up and executed several perfect plays they nearly scored on, and they only failed because of incredible plays made by the Pats secondary. If Jason McCourty doesn't pull off his man and pick up the deep middle zone, Cooks scores on that busted coverage in the 3Q. And Gilmore and Harmon breaking up the deep shot to Cooks late in the 4Q, again, how is that on Goff or the Rams at all? Cooks nearly brought the ball in too, they just made a great play. If they score on either of those it's a totally different ballgame. All the success the Pats had on offense doesn't mean anything when they only scored one TD, they still left the door open for LA with their own miscues.

The losing team in the SB doesn't need to score four times or have 500 passing yards a la Brady last year for it to not be a boring game. Feel free to disagree, but last night was far from a snooze and if that's how you feel, your expectations are heavily swayed toward what makes a good spectator sport, not a good football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)