The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Who are the smaller teams that still do well on-field? I'm looking to get into NFL and I might as well look for a team that's similar to my AFL team (North Melbourne for future reference). I believe the Rams are the closest example I got.

I'm open to barrack for any team, really, but I have two caveats:

a) I do not want to spend most of the time looking at how my team cheated to win something (so the Patriots are probably out)
b) I am not wearing cheese on my head, ever (so the Packers are definitely out)
The Cincinatti Bengals are the team for you. I would equate them to the North Melbourne Kangaroos as although they consistently perform well throughout the regular season, they lack the ability to perform in the playoffs against high-tier opposition. However, both teams have a generally inoffensive fan base from what I have seen.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I second (third) the idea for the Cardinals. They have a great coach and disciplined players who work hard. Larry Fitzgerald is probably the classiest guy in the NFL.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I really wish I could agree with the Cardinals vouches or root for them as a secondary or third team but they are division rivals. They're my favorite of our rivals because red bird is cool but they are still the enemy :(

Still waiting for them to be EXPOSED but not sure it's gonna happen. WTB NFC #1 seed again.

Who are the smaller teams that still do well on-field? I'm looking to get into NFL and I might as well look for a team that's similar to my AFL team (North Melbourne for future reference). I believe the Rams are the closest example I got.

I'm open to barrack for any team, really, but I have two caveats:

a) I do not want to spend most of the time looking at how my team cheated to win something (so the Patriots are probably out)
b) I am not wearing cheese on my head, ever (so the Packers are definitely out)
as a Jaguars fan that's suffered through the last 5 years of complete and utter hopelessness and despair, things are REALLY looking up.

what you have in Jacksonville is an owner that lets the football folks worry about the football decisions, and puts his focus on the money and marketing side of things. he's also a billionaire who's not afraid to put millions of his own money into the stadium to update it and make it a great game day experience. he hired a head coach and a general manager who had never had the job before, and told them they had full control of how to do a complete rebuild, top to bottom. in their third year, Bradley and Caldwell have overturned the roster to such an extent that i think there is only ONE player on the roster that was on the roster when they took over. we have a young QB who in his second year has made big strides in development, and has the potential to be very good for a long time. he have 2 second year receivers that are lighting it up and will only get better. we have a rookie RB who shows signs of being a true 3 down star player. B & C have for the most part been smart in free agency and gotten solid players without selling the farm. on the defensive side of the ball we have a few young players that have pro-bowl potential within the next few years if not sooner. it's a young team that's making mistakes that young teams make, but out side of 1 game this year, they've been competitive into the 4th quarter, and have gutted out some ugly and tough wins. they're a year or two from true contention, so now's a good time to hop on the bandwagon.

the Cardinals are also cool though, and as far as organization stability they're a good choice too.

EDIT:
I went and looked up Tampa (I'm not gonna be a Jags fan cause I spend a good amount of time laughing at a Jags fan) and they look pretty good to me.

Thanks guys.

Someone is scared that their team is about to get blown out haha.

I can't see a team in the NFC beating the Giants in the playoffs. But I'm also not sure the giants can get to 8-8 so there's that. Anyway, it's fun having the Giants be relevant again this late in the season. Let's back our way into a division win and then blow out those "superior" teams in the playoffs.

I can't see a team in the NFC beating the Giants in the playoffs. But I'm also not sure the giants can get to 8-8 so there's that. Anyway, it's fun having the Giants be relevant again this late in the season. Let's back our way into a division win and then blow out those "superior" teams in the playoffs.
this makes 100% sense.

Say what you want, the Giants AREN'T that relevant. They happen to be winning the worst division in football(At least the AFC South is somewhat competitive this year) The chances of the Cowboys winning out with Romo and Dez back and winning the division is more likely than the Giants winning the Super Bowl.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yo underrated point of Peyton manning being benched... Kubiaks offense is running uninhibited now. That shit is always cash. The Broncos might actually be good now instead of the shell surrounding a corpse.

Yo underrated point of Peyton manning being benched... Kubiaks offense is running uninhibited now. That shit is always cash. The Broncos might actually be good now instead of the shell surrounding a corpse.
Why are you talking like that?

Say what you want, the Giants AREN'T that relevant. They happen to be winning the worst division in football(At least the AFC South is somewhat competitive this year) The chances of the Cowboys winning out with Romo and Dez back and winning the division is more likely than the Giants winning the Super Bowl.
Oh please the AFC South is the worst division in football. There's only one interesting/good quaterback in the division and he isn't even playing. The Boys and Giants would blow out and sweep all those teams. Plus i'd take the skins/eggs over the jags/titans any day(not by much, but they're better)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Oh please the AFC South is the worst division in football. There's only one interesting/good quaterback in the division and he isn't even playing. The Boys and Giants would blow out and sweep all those teams. Plus i'd take the skins/eggs over the jags/titans any day(not by much, but they're better)

1. Giants could literally lose to the 2008 Lions and beat the Pats this year, don't act like that's not a fact considering the defense is less consistent than Garo Yepremian's passing abilities while the offense literally relies on OBJ because the running game is utter garbage.
2. The Cowboys are DECENT, the reason they are still in contention is because the NFC East SUCKS.
3. Skins looked good for a week because New Orleans' defense literally shit the bed, they are NOT better than the Jags, who have been competitive into the 4th quarter of every game except the Pats game.
4. The Eagles are such a mess if you think they can beat ANYBODY you are fucking retarded. Chip Kelly's players have no faith in him and he has no faith in his players; they are literally tools to be manipulated for him, also they may have the worst receivers in the NFL right now not gonna lie.

No, seriously, this is fucking hilarious. Also I love how you ignore every good argument against your points and only address ones you have an answer for, yet you act like all of them are right. It baffles me how somebody has been told so many times their views are overly biased and done out of nothing but personal contempt/fanboyism yet still hasn't done anything about it and doesn't doubt his views.

Idk why I even responded to this half seriously because this is literally comedy at its best.

Oh if you want stats we have the AFC South with the same record as the NFC East while they former has a higher strength of schedule. Okay.

I'm WAAAAAY up i feel blessed.

On a more serious note stafford's been looking amazing and I'm seriously wondering how many times the eagles have to shit the bed before they contend in games for longer than a couple drives

Why are you talking like that?

In a regular season, the AFC South WOULD be the worst division in football but this has not been a regular season by any means. Here are some high profile players either on IR or have missed/will miss significant amounts of time
Jamaal Charles
Le'Veon Bell
Tony Romo
Ben Roethlisberger
Dez Bryant
Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
Joe Flacco
Dion Lewis
Keenan Allen
Julian Edelman
Victor Cruz(again)
Arian Foster
Steve Smith Sr.
Justin Forsett
Marshawn Lynch
There are tons more I could name but I'd rather not spam. The two bolded names are huge players the Cowboys have missed. The Boys' star players getting hurt are why the NFC East is that bad. But it's the truth. The NFC East this season is the worst division.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really just want this game to be over. I'm not even an eagles fan and it just pains me to watch a team give up after 10 minutes and be forced to play another 50 with no heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)