The Final Character [SPOILERS ITT]

I'm disappointed as this means that, out of the 10 Fighter Pack characters, I only know two: Terry and Banjo&Kazooie.

I'll better use the 55 dollars for something else.

The likes of Maxwell from Scribblenauts, Arle from Puyo Puyo, a Worm, or Earthworm Jim.

Last edited:
I wonder if it being its its own presentation was some restriction Disney put in.

While, on the surface Sora was one of the few third-party characters I would have been excited for, I really don't like the how they chose to make the moveset. I'm not sure focusing on the first game was a good idea since there's a lot of significant abilities added later (for comparison, think of Samus without super missiles and grapple beam, Link without his down stab or hookshot, or if you want an extreme example, Kirby without power copying). Even putting that aside, the moveset is missing some pretty iconic moves like Strike Raid, Ragnarok, and Zanetsugen. I feel the devs limited themselves by not having very many named moves in the set of normal attacks, especially since many of them were finishers to attack strings in the original games.

The specials are honestly kind of eh as well. I like the cycling magic as a reference to the games with command decks, but I also feel that they should have run with other spells than the basic fire/ice/lightning attacks we're used to seeing everywhere. If I recall, the Reflect and Balloon spells are mainstays in their respective games. Even the first game had Stop, Aero, and Gravity in addition to those and healing. I was genuinely expecting the Down special to be Drive forms or Shotlocks or Keyblade transformations or something because I still wasn't believing how boring they made my over-the-top shonen protagonist, and it ended up being a counter!?

Overall, when compared to the movesets of most other recent newcomers, it feels like they went out of the way to make the moveset unexciting. Also, no Roxas costume is seriously disappointing for someone who's first game in the series was 358/2.

I'm disappointed as this means that, out of the 10 Fighter Pack characters, I only know two: Terry and Banjo&Kazooie.
so basically what you're telling me is that you didn't know who
Sora
, Sephiroth, or fucking MINECRAFT STEVE were before their presentations? I mean I can get the others, but these three are iconic

anyways as a Crono fan I am malding that Squeenix got three DLC characters and he wasn't one of them, but
Sora
was highly requested, pretty iconic, and apparently he won the ballot so it's a fitting conclusion

also

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSE OH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY DON'T GO SIMPLE AND CLEAN THAT'S THE WAY THAT YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL TONIGHT

so basically what you're telling me is that you didn't know who
Sora
, Sephiroth, or fucking MINECRAFT STEVE were before their presentations? I mean I can get the others, but these three are iconic
Neither before, or afterwards. I've never had any kind of interest towards their games, thus my not knowing about them.

... granted, I should have worded myself a little better. In some of those cases I was aware they existed, but it's just that I find no difference between "I have no attachment to this character" and "I literally don't know who they are".

pac

pay 5000, gg?
is a Contributor Alumnus
If there's no spoilers allowed why does the video on the 1st post feature spoilers in the image before you click on it? Might need to fix.

spoilah.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)