The Flash / The Arrow - best superhero TV shows to date.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
(barely any spoilers in the OP)

Checked all 5 pages of this forum and didn't find a thread on either shows.

The Arrow has been running since 2012 I believe, it has 3 seasons, 2 are already aired and it's in the middle of the 3rd season right now. It's based on Green Arrow if you can't tell from it's name, and it's absolutely phenomenal. The backstory (at least in the show, idk if it's canon or not) is that Oliver Queen, a rich white playboy kid, goes on a cruise. The cruise crashes and he's left on a semi-abandoned island that's not really on many maps for some reason so no one goes there. The first episode shows you him getting rescued and returning to his hometown, Starling City, and becoming a vigilante killing all the bad guys etc. The way they present the story is really the best thing about the show. Each episode would be divided into parts, where some of them are flashbacks from his time on the island and what made him what he is, and the other parts are in real time, depicting his life as a vigilante/playboy wannabe.

The Flash started running October last year and has already been renewed for a 2nd season, it's currently airing and in the middle of the first season. Not really gonna say much about the story cuz its a new show so I don't wanna spoil anything.

Arrow is absolutely phenomenal. Could be boring at the beginning but then it picks up and it's just fucking awesome. DC said that they wanna make it into the "centre" of their universe, trying to make superheroes appear on it and then turning them into their own shows. and that's actually what they did with the Flash; they made Barry Allan make an appearance and later gave him his own show, and made a collab episode between Arrow and Flash. As for the Flash it kinda starts out boring and generic but still entertaining because it's the fucking Flash. Lately though it's been picking up and the pace is fantastic.

Really great shows imo and you guys should watch them.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The Flash is so fucking good.

Also Arrow has outstanding potential to take its cheesy greatness and turn it into incredible TV. Constant conflict between the many identities of Oliver Queen but throughout every moral struggle he comes out largely the same. If they start to have the identities start to clash near the end of the series *MWAH* 10/10 shit would be fucking fantastic.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Flash is so fucking good.

Also Arrow has outstanding potential to take its cheesy greatness and turn it into incredible TV. Constant conflict between the many identities of Oliver Queen but throughout every moral struggle he comes out largely the same. If they start to have the identities start to clash near the end of the series *MWAH* 10/10 shit would be fucking fantastic.
Yeah one thing I really don't like about The Arrow in the latest episodes is all the drama that really shouldn't be there tbh. The entire "but you should never work with him" thing Felicity and the rest do is fucking annoying.

Flash has the same issue with Iris always being a bitch and Barry being cockblocked, I just think it's meaningless and annoying but eh.

I could forgive both shows and especially Arrow because let's be real here Green Arrow is a fucking badass and Flash is cool as fuck.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
IDK guys. I watched season 1 of Arrow... too much pseudo batman plotline influences for my taste. should I bother picking up again? Season 2 would need a huge jump in quality compared to S01 sub-mediocre plot to make me interested again.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think I watched what, 3 episodes.
That looked like a teenager show. Like everybody is a fucking model (I mean everybody) and everything looks cliché and uninteresting. They try so hard to make him look badass that it becomes funny. The dude looks like assassins creed on a lost island, what the heck.

Now what pissed me off, are the action scenes.
Like what the actual fuck, the dude runs under bullets and never get hit, the vilains are so awful they look like a bunch of Lee Sins with guns. I mean, that's so boring when the action scenes are like that, it's just as interesting as the outcome of a fight between ash and team rocket. I'm not even trying to be funny here, the action scenes are really atrocious in terms of entertainment that I thought to myself "why would I watch a super-hero show if the actions scenes are shit".

Now my little sister liked it, so I dont know, it might attract some people but I found it boring. Basically, it's like, Smallville ? I kinda watched it when I was younger, so I guess that's the same shit.

Epikhairz

Anything goes
IDK guys. I watched season 1 of Arrow... too much pseudo batman plotline influences for my taste. should I bother picking up again? Season 2 would need a huge jump in quality compared to S01 sub-mediocre plot to make me interested again.
yes yes yes watch season 2. quality soars in a big way and turned arrow from a pseudo-dark knight trilogy into one of the best superhero tv shows ive ever seen imo. not gonna spoil anything but just know that season 2 is fucking awesome (especially in the latter half)

I picked up the Arrow TV-based comic books recently - billed as "Season 2.5" - and I highly recommend them. The dialogue, pacing, even "camera" angles are spot-on for the show while feeling right at home in comic form.

People hating on Flash should watch the most recent episode imo, that shit was so intense with so many plot points (wont spoil anything for anyone though). Arrow I found to be a bit meh for the first season and I got halfway through the second and just gave up. I hear the 3rd season is fucking amazing though so I might pick it up again just to see if the rumours are true.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yo that was the single worst episode of The Flash completely saved by a single scene of God tier acting. H0ly FUCK the gimmick is so fucking real and lazy and uninspired agahahahag.

i was referring to Ciscos acting in his death scene for those who need me to be more specific.

Fuck crux

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
I just watched episode 16 "The Offer" of The Arrow, it was pretty interesting... kinda getting bored of the repetitive shit though.

Thea keeps crying over what "she's become", wants Malcolm dead but never actually does anything about it, etc. Same old shit with Laurel and her father, same old shit with Olvier saying he's doing what he does for families etc, all that shit, but I guess it's inevitable at this point lol. The ending was spicy tho.

edit: also I should say.. FINALLY Nyssa might have a bigger role lol. i've wanted her tasty ass and accent to have a bigger role in the show for so long. fuck yes.

Wasn't bad or good so there's that.

Didn't watch the flash yet, might watch the latest episode (17th) of the arrow first.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Flash is quite lame as Barry should be able to EASILY bagel all villains to date (bar reverse flash). Super fast reactions, extremely fast cell regen, speed, and he basically has super strength when putting his speed behind his attacks (shown when he punched the punching bag with Eddie).
Except for the fact that he goes into situations head on and doesn't "scout" out the situation first, which is usually why he fucks up. He also had to calculate how he would hit Eddie, he couldn't just "do it" right away.

The arrow is an awesome show, Oliver's actor is just perfect atm. I bought the Flash recently so going through watching season 1 right now.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Arrow's quality dropped for a few episodes but the last one was excellent indeed. The flashbacks aren't so good though, I still think season 1's flashbacks were absolutely phenomenal.

Flash was outright terrible for a couple episodes as well but recently picked up (thank god). I reached a point where the show was so fucking cheesy and awkward that I just wanted to skip the scenes or mute the sound and wait for something to happen but in the end I just went through and actually watched it... and it was an unpleasant experience.

The last episode was pretty good though. We finally get some closure on some unanswered questions since the pilot and it's great.

So as I understand, Eobard Thawne is actually the reverse Flash that went back in time to kill Barry's mum for some reason we don't know yet iirc, and as he did that he lost his powers due to him messing with things in the past I assume, so he "takes control" of Harrison Wells to build the particle accelerator earlier than it was supposedly built had Eobard Thawne not messed with the past, in order for Barry to get his powers and in turn make Eobard Thawne able to go back to his future.. did I get this correctly? It's a bit confusing lol.

And as for your question justinjiaxinghu, I think yes. But it also doesn't make sense because:

If he IS affiliated with Eobard Thawne/Wells then he should already know Barry is the Flash anyway and that there shouldn't be any reason he should be upset? Unless he knows Eobard wants to use the Flash's powers to go back to the future but didn't know Barry was the Flash... Or he knows nothing at all.

Wikipedia's description of Eddie is "A recent transfer to the Central City Police Department, Eddie's past is a mystery and he harbors a dark secret." so it could be true.. although I don't remember any of the episodes mentioning he has a "dark secret"

Latest News for all arrow fans!!!
The CW released the official synopsis, promotional photos and video for Season 7 Episode 4 of Arrow - Level Two, airing November 5th.
Check out the official synopsis and promotional photos as well as the sneak peeks at FANdemonium Network.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Oh man this thread aged horribly

Best superhero show is probably daredevil. Stopped watching arrow since season 4 i believe, its gotten too shitty -_-

Flash was better and i dont remember it getting "bad" but i stopped watching it also. Its always been more fun as a show (compared to arrow) cuz it doesnt take itself too seriously. Arrow slowly turned into a drama show revolved entirely around ollie's love interests. Fuck that shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)