The Fools - An OU Team (1751 and rising)

All Pokemon images in this picture were made by the amazing Xous54 (bar the Aegislash and Clefable), I do not take any credit for these images!(:
the fools.png
The Fools!
Introduction:

These fools have brought me to the highest I've ever been on the ladder - 1628, which is very good in my opinion,
but not the greatest haha! I'm still proud though! This team has been working very well for me and has been able to stake it out through the toughest of times! It all started because of the teambuilding thread with the core of Garchomp + Mawile, however this morphed a ton over time into what I have today. It is probably the second best team I've ever made, bar this one time I made with Mega Abomasnow of all things haha! I'm sure this is room to approve, so that's why I am posting this RMT! I'm looking for input on my team and how I can improve it, because I'm definitely noticing some weak links and patches that need fixing. Anyways, I'll get into the long teambuilding process!

Teambuilding:

I started off with a Defiant Thundurus + Red Card Deoxys-Defense core, as I thought it would catch things off guard instead of Bisharp.

The next to be added was Mega Tyranitar, as it was great and I wanted to test out the infamous Dragon Dance set!

Well, then I decided to add this core to my team for my entry, but this meant getting rid of Mega-Tyraniter sadly.

I slapped on a Manaphy because it seemed to be fun and it worked ok! I loved the utility set > Tail Glow, but that's just me.

By now I was loving Fairy + Dragon, but I wanted to try something new. Manaphy just wasn't being the best it could be, so I stuck on Aegislash instead, as Aegislash is great on a ton of teams so it just fit.

Sylveon was just not keeping up and Mega Garchomp was being outsped and killed by so many things and just wasn't cutting me, so I made a drastic change to my team.

I completely started over and began working from scratch. This was admittedly the worst version of my team.

Yeah, so, I was almost there! This was my three Steel-types team and I just was so sad... I mean, they worked great, but with Earthquake being so prevalent I just couldn't deal with all three of them.

Yay! This was a very fun version of my team that performed very well! I just felt I was lacking something, and I was missing a Mega! So, then my Fools were formed:

Thus, my team was finished. I'm right now just going though all of them and going through their sets for better ones, but I believe I've got the best ones! So, let's get on to them!

At-A-Glance:

In-Depth:

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Oh Deoxys-Defense. Deoxys-Defense is seriously broken in this metagame, but whatever. I just started using it and it has quickly become the backbone to my teambuilding. It fits perfectly on so many teams. Taunt provides so much utility and stops Defog from being an issue. Spikes and Stealth Rock are greatly appreciated on any team, but this team especially appreciates it because Kyurem-Black causes a ton of switches. Thunder Wave is just icing on the cake, as it can paralyze so many things that could be troublesome such as Latios. Deoxys-Defense is a Pokemon that just kind of does its job very well and dies, which is perfectly fine! Red Card is amazing, just amazing! However I've noticed that Bisharp tends to lead sometimes merely for the fact it causes Deoxys-Defense a ton of trouble and can Swords Dance in its face any day. Deoxys-Defense is still a valuable team member that can be used even a bit later on after Bisharp is removed and cannot come in and Swords Dance. However, I tend to lead with Deoxys-Defense as often as possible and it usually does its job very well!

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black is an absolute monster and holy crap was I against it being OU last generation, but this generation I am happier than ever that it is! This set destroys stall and this calc is one of my absolute favorites:
204+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 186-222 (51 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Specially Defensive M-Venusaur is a huge hassle for my team that I greatly struggle to beat. Kyurem-Black can just substitute on so many things, which is what I love so much. I cannot tell you how many times a Garchomp has come in thinking it can Dragon Claw me for the kill and I get a sub up, then finish it with Ice Beam. Fusion Bolt has been honestly very underwhelming. Even on Super Effective things I have found myself missing out on power from it. Earth Power is delicious to eat up Heatran switch ins, along with Rotom-W who cannot break its Sub ever! Kyurem-Black is a very dangerous Pokemon that has saved me plenty of times from tight situations!

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast

I've always been a huge fan of Clefable! Now, this moveset needs some explaining probably. Well, Unaware is crucial, as I find myself in so many situations where a Talonflame or a Mega Pinsir is setting up in my face and Unaware just saves the day! I ran Calm Mind / Protect / Wish / Moonblast, but all that changed when I lost a match because of a Scizor in the very end. Moonblast is great and all, but I couldn't remove the Scizor and it had already set up on me. The person and I actually talked for a bit and discussed Clefable! I decided to add Flamethrower too it, but I am very much missing Protect. Perhaps I just need something else or my moveset isn't the best. But Unaware has been so so great!

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 104 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

I am a HUGE fan of Scizor! I made this whole large post about it being S-tier, but yeah, this thing is good. I've only found one battle so far where Scizor has not been a huge help, and it was just because of Knock Off having already been used. Funny story, I actually had around 20 battles before I realized I was forgetting EVs! Swords Dance is a very great move and Scizor is a great user of it! Roost has saved me in stalling out so many things and I am so happy I have it! Bullet Punch is infamous, yes, and it has been delicious to pick off faster threats. Knock Off is such a spammable move this Generation and is amazing to nail Aegislash. However, I've been considering running Bug Bite > Knock Off because of Mega Venusaur mainly, as it gives me issues in stalling if Kyurem is weakened or it has been killed already. But Knock Off has served me very well, so I'm unsure. Any input here would be very much appreciated!

[I know it isn't Thundurus-I but I couldn't find any good gif :x]
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Oh boy. This thing. This thing has been so surprisingly good. A ton of people are like: umm what the fuck? Defiant Thundurus, you must be a noob! Well, this thing has so many great qualities. For instance, it cam down to Porygon2 and Thundurus and it Traced Defiant, not Recover, allowing me to reliably beat it! U-Turn is a great momentum grabber, but I honestly don't use it very much. Wild Charge is so freaking powerful, but the recoil from this move and Life Orb really bum me out. Knock Off is so freaking good and spammable, and great for hitting a ton of various things. Superpower after a Knock Off will kill even 252/252+ Chansey 100% of the time, which I find incredible, and it doesn't even need Stealth Rock! What other Pokemon can say this? At +2 this thing is scary, and Defog is so common, making it a very common time for it to happen! I don't know why, but so many people send out their Gengar against me to get Knock Off'ed, I always think their Scarf, but why else would they switch into the 'Prankster Thunder Wave'? I don't know, but this is very common for some reason. All-in-all, I'm open to moveset changes here, but Defiant is a must!

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Aegislash crumbles shit, the end. No but seriously, if you aren't running Aegislash then I don't know what you're doing! Ok, and right here, before anyone suggests it, I will not run SubToxic Aegislash. I tried it and was not impressed, I know it works and is good, I just am not a huge fan, I prefer the Crumbler! Anyways, Shadow Ball is too good, hitting so many things hard and truly bringing and end to any thing trying to switch in. Shadow Sneak picks off weakened foes and I always find it very handy! Iron Head is for Fairies really, I've considered Sacred Sword, but never found much use for it. Pursuit is the cake of this set, as it comes into Latios and Latias then traps them! It's really only good for that, and I don't use it much, but it still is a pretty good move to punish anything escaping Aegislash'es grip. I've considered Kings Shield, but I don't have the room for it.

Threatlist:

Admittedly, I have trouble switching anything into it, but mainly I'm ok because Thundurus kills with Knock Off and doesn't mind the King's Shield.
Kyurem-Black survives anything but Focus Blast and will KO, but other than that i have huge issues with it. I honestly haven't seen a ton of it though. Thundurus-I takes care of it as well!
After a Dragon Dance, whew. But if I can predict the Outrage, I can either wear it down with Clefable or Shadow Ball it with Aegislash. Have trouble here though.
Thundurus doesn't really care about it, and Stealth Rock is a lot so it isn't too too hard.
Scizor tanks its hits and does a huge amount with Knock Off, not too worried about it.
Not once have I had an issue with Azumarill.
Bisharp at +2 can be scary, but with proper prediction, Kyurem-Black can take it on and Scizor does well against it as well.
Well, I don't have Defog, but it isn't hard to beat thanks to my own and Aegislash.
Offensive sets are bothersome, really, and Aegislash is the only one willing to take it on most of the time. Scizor can weaken it up though.

Kyurem-Black plays mind games with it and does very well here actually. Clefable and Scizor (non Fire Blast) do well here too.
Thundurus can handle it before a DD, but after, Kyurem-Black has to hope to not be worn down beforehand. Huge threat to my team.
All of my team actually can handle it, even Scizor does a number to switch ins with Knock Off, then Clefable can come in and wall it and set up.
It depends what it is locked into really, non-Choice are scary though, and I have to hope Clefable has set up, although non-Choice can be dealt with with Thundurus.
Not an issue for my team in all honesty, behind a Sub it is scary however.
Landorus is scared of Kyurem and Clefable usually can handle it if it lacks Sludge Wave.
Not scary at all, Kyurem outspeeds non-Jolly and OHKOes.
Kyurem can wall it and beat it with Fusion Bolt, as can Thundurus and Clefable.
Mega Mawile isn't very common from my battles, but it can be very hard to handle.
Mega Scizor walls the hell out of my team, but Clefable can kill it off with Flamethrower but has to be wary about Bullet Punch.
Is Talonflame even used? I never see it ever. Maybe once or twice in the past 25 battles I've played. Not an issue, as Thundurus will outspeed Adamant variants by two points!
Thundurus can do a huge chunk with Superpower, leaving it for Scizor to kill. Not an issue really.
Thank gosh for Teravolt, as wow it can be a huge pain without it.

will finish rest tomorrow:]

QUAGSIRE, FUCKING QUAGSIRE BEATS ALL OF MY TEAM UGH. thank god it's uncommon!

Conclusion:
Err, so yeah, that's my team. You can steal it for testing reasons or whatever, thanks for reading everyone! Hope you enjoyed:]

Very nice team you have here. However, one thing I see is your team is very open to fire type moves. Both Scizor and Aegislash get he SE by fire types, and none resist them, so your going to have a hard time. To compensate, I suggest replacing Clefable with Quagsire. I see your using clefable as a physical wall, which Quagsire does better, and also gives you a fire resist.

Quagsire @ Leftovers | Unaware
Relaxed | 252 HP / 238 Def / 18 SDef
Toxic / Recover / Earthquake / Scald

I see that you have a problem with Quagsire, so I suggest you replace thunderus U-Turn with HP Grass. U turn isn't really needed, and getting rid of Quagsire is a must for your team.
Edit: Actually, Kyrum-B 2HKOs with ice beam, so it's not a problem.

Other than that, this is a preety great team I can see working very well.

Last edited:
For movesets I think Moonlight>Wish on Clefable is a far more reliable choice if you aren't going to use wish/protect, and sandstreamers don't like coming in on Clefable anyways.

Naive and HP Ice>U-Turn on Thundurus is an option you can try out if you feel you don't use U-Turn that much, though I still think its a decent option. Power herb fly is also good if you don't want to lose the defiant boost if mega-venu comes in on it.

Aegislash is probably the worst member of your team atm, the things that it can pursuit like latios are easily handled by the rest of your team (Clefable, Scizor) and his steel coverage and resists are mostly redundant with scizor while adding to a significant fire weakness.

I would recommend a LO Latios set to deal with your char y and keldeo problems, while also offering the fighting resist that aegislash also handles. If you use this option I'd also consider switch kyurem-b to a 4 att LO set with Iron head to lure in fairy types that give both of the dragons some problems. This leaves you a bit weaker to offensive Deo-S, but Scizor can easily take on non-HP Fire varients and Clefable can boost up in its face if its strong enough to take a Psycho Boost.

Alternatively you can try CB Azumaril (Aqua Jet usually kos after rocks and this would help against mega-gyarados) or Char-X (Has Great Resists when working against CharY + very threatening after ddance) with Leftovers>Scizorite in Aegislash's slot

Overall the team is a little slow, but its not bad. Nice job.

edit: I really wouldnt be that concerned with quagsire

204+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 210-247 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

its quite bad on anything but full stall, it gets knock offed by 2 of your members, taunted by another and has difficulty forcing out clefable if its at all weakened.

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 141-166 (35.7 - 42.1%) -- 90.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

using it yourself is not a good option when the biggest threats you face are set up sweepers that can get past clefable (mold breaker mega-gyara), especially since you dont have prankster twave on thundurus as an emergency stop to such things. With solid stall killers like unaware clef and kyurem-b you really shouldnt be worried about beating that, and should focus more on fast offense killing you with some set up sweeper after your one counter gets removed by something.

Last edited:
Err, before I get into a proper rate, just wanna point out that mega scizor is light metal. I'm pretty sure you wanted technician :P.
When he mega evolves, he gets technician anyway. Light metal is basically just for switching into low kicks, which I admit is a bit of a nitpicky thing to do, but technically light metal is better on mega scizor before it mega evolves. :P

Last edited:
I think it's better a Magic Guard Clefable , Unaware clefable it's only good in Hard Stall teams.
Hazards are very common , also there are lots of Will o Wisp and Toxic .
I also think that you should replace Wish with Soft-Boiled .

Your team is incredibly weak to Bisharp. Deoxys can't touch it, Scizor can't hit it neutrally, Clefable dies to Iron Head, Aegislash can't hit it, Thundurus is killed off by Sucker Punch and while Kyurem ca kill with Earth Power, it really can't switch in either. To lure it out I recommend running fast Aegislash (16 Atk, 252 SAtk, 240 Spe with a Hasty nature and Sacred Sword over Iron Head. Most Bisharp won't Sucker Punch Aegislash, and you can outspeed max Speed Adamant versions. This also lets you outspeed most Heatran as well and smack them with Sacred Sword, as Heatran is really quite troublesome for Scizor and Clefable as well.

Last, this is pretty minor, but I'd run Mild on Kyurem, with the 52 HP EVs put into Special Defense. This prevents LO Greninja from 2HKOing you with Ice Beam. I'd understand 101 HP Subs, but Kyurem is walled by Chansey anyway.

Very nice team you have here. However, one thing I see is your team is very open to fire type moves. Both Scizor and Aegislash get he SE by fire types, and none resist them, so your going to have a hard time. To compensate, I suggest replacing Clefable with Quagsire. I see your using clefable as a physical wall, which Quagsire does better, and also gives you a fire resist.

Quagsire @ Leftovers | Unaware
Relaxed | 252 HP / 238 Def / 18 SDef
Toxic / Recover / Earthquake / Scald

I see that you have a problem with Quagsire, so I suggest you replace thunderus U-Turn with HP Grass. U turn isn't really needed, and getting rid of Quagsire is a must for your team.
Edit: Actually, Kyrum-B 2HKOs with ice beam, so it's not a problem.

Other than that, this is a preety great team I can see working very well.
I'm iffy on Quagsire because Clefable has proven to be better, I tried Quagsire in place of it one battle and I missed the Calm Mind set already. It could just be low testing, but I prefered Calm Mind Clefable > Stall Quagsire.

For movesets I think Moonlight>Wish on Clefable is a far more reliable choice if you aren't going to use wish/protect, and sandstreamers don't like coming in on Clefable anyways.

Naive and HP Ice>U-Turn on Thundurus is an option you can try out if you feel you don't use U-Turn that much, though I still think its a decent option. Power herb fly is also good if you don't want to lose the defiant boost if mega-venu comes in on it.

Aegislash is probably the worst member of your team atm, the things that it can pursuit like latios are easily handled by the rest of your team (Clefable, Scizor) and his steel coverage and resists are mostly redundant with scizor while adding to a significant fire weakness.

I would recommend a LO Latios set to deal with your char y and keldeo problems, while also offering the fighting resist that aegislash also handles. If you use this option I'd also consider switch kyurem-b to a 4 att LO set with Iron head to lure in fairy types that give both of the dragons some problems. This leaves you a bit weaker to offensive Deo-S, but Scizor can easily take on non-HP Fire varients and Clefable can boost up in its face if its strong enough to take a Psycho Boost.

Alternatively you can try CB Azumaril (Aqua Jet usually kos after rocks and this would help against mega-gyarados) or Char-X (Has Great Resists when working against CharY + very threatening after ddance) with Leftovers>Scizorite in Aegislash's slot

Overall the team is a little slow, but its not bad. Nice job.

edit: I really wouldnt be that concerned with quagsire

204+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 210-247 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

its quite bad on anything but full stall, it gets knock offed by 2 of your members, taunted by another and has difficulty forcing out clefable if its at all weakened.

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 141-166 (35.7 - 42.1%) -- 90.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

using it yourself is not a good option when the biggest threats you face are set up sweepers that can get past clefable (mold breaker mega-gyara), especially since you dont have prankster twave on thundurus as an emergency stop to such things. With solid stall killers like unaware clef and kyurem-b you really shouldnt be worried about beating that, and should focus more on fast offense killing you with some set up sweeper after your one counter gets removed by something.
I'm really loving the idea of CB Azumarill, thank you!

I think it's better a Magic Guard Clefable , Unaware clefable it's only good in Hard Stall teams.
Hazards are very common , also there are lots of Will o Wisp and Toxic .
I also think that you should replace Wish with Soft-Boiled .
Soft-Boiled is illegal with Unaware, or it is on the sim. And I've found Unaware to be much better, as Unaware allows me to come in on normally threatening boosters.

Your team is incredibly weak to Bisharp. Deoxys can't touch it, Scizor can't hit it neutrally, Clefable dies to Iron Head, Aegislash can't hit it, Thundurus is killed off by Sucker Punch and while Kyurem ca kill with Earth Power, it really can't switch in either. To lure it out I recommend running fast Aegislash (16 Atk, 252 SAtk, 240 Spe with a Hasty nature and Sacred Sword over Iron Head. Most Bisharp won't Sucker Punch Aegislash, and you can outspeed max Speed Adamant versions. This also lets you outspeed most Heatran as well and smack them with Sacred Sword, as Heatran is really quite troublesome for Scizor and Clefable as well.

Last, this is pretty minor, but I'd run Mild on Kyurem, with the 52 HP EVs put into Special Defense. This prevents LO Greninja from 2HKOing you with Ice Beam. I'd understand 101 HP Subs, but Kyurem is walled by Chansey anyway.
Would Sacred Sword > Pursuit be a good option or no? And yes, I've noticed that Bisharp completely destroys me. Bullet Punch just left a Bisharp with 1 HP in my last battle and left me open to a sweep by his other Pokemon. I really can't handle it well at all.

Ok, wait, I have a question. I'm really not liking running Mild because:
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 276-325 (70.5 - 83.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
while:
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 247-292 (63.1 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 52 SpD Kyurem-B: 168-199 (42.9 - 50.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
So...?

With your aegislash I recommend changing Shadow Sneak to Kings Shield because kings shield is in my opinion the best move on aegislash allowing you force pokemon out that fear the stat drop. Also I think that Wish should be changed to Soft-boiled because on a set up sweeper immediate recovery is really good. I have found this team very easy to use and I hope that you can perfect it.

With your aegislash I recommend changing Shadow Sneak to Kings Shield because kings shield is in my opinion the best move on aegislash allowing you force pokemon out that fear the stat drop. Also I think that Wish should be changed to Soft-boiled because on a set up sweeper immediate recovery is really good. I have found this team very easy to use and I hope that you can perfect it.
He said that Soft-Boiled is illegal with Unaware.
Shadow sneak is a must for aegislash , it's ridiculous change Shadow Sneak to King's shield , Pursuit is better to change to King's Shield . Also Sacred Sword is very important , because it has a lot of Coverage.

Last edited:
Have you considered physically-based KyuB?

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Evs: 56 HP / 216 Atk / 236 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Get in KyuB on something he can force out. Substitute and watch how its usual counters struggle to counter you. With SR and 1 layer of Spikes, Chansey has 82.4% chance to be 2HKoed. Even without Spikes on your side, you can just keep using Dragon Claw for reasonable damage (35.7 - 42.1%) and wastes its Softboiled as SS fails to break your Subs. Specially-based Mega-Venu is also 2HKOed with Ice Beam with SR and 1 layer of Spikes. Dragon Claw also hits for similar damage as well. If Venu lacks Sludge Bomb you can just hit it till crit happens or it runs out of Synthesis. Furthermore, Rotom-W still can't break your Subs and it is a clean 2HKO with Dragon Claw (~60%). The only thing you lose out on is Heatran, but even then it will take a reasonable chunk of damage thanks to a +216 Atk Fusion Bolt (35.4 - 41.9%).

How do you deal with Charizard-Y? It can OHKO Thundurus, Aegislash, and Scizor, and can 2HKO and outspeed Clefable, Kyruem-B, and Doexys-D.

Same goes with Charizard-X. It can 2HKO clefable with an unboosted flare blitz, and sweep through the entire rest of the team once at +1.

Both of these pokemon can destroy this team with good prediction.

I have copied your team and started using it and the main problem iv'e had is sableye with the prankster will-o-wisp. I replaced clefable with a physically defensive arcanine and it's working quite well. It even has the ability to stop set-up sweepers with roar here is the set if you havn't heard of it before.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flamethrower
- Roar
The SAtk can also be changed to SDef if needed although arcanine seems to be taking neutral special hits pretty well. Other than that this team is pretty solid

Have you considered physically-based KyuB?

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Evs: 56 HP / 216 Atk / 236 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Get in KyuB on something he can force out. Substitute and watch how its usual counters struggle to counter you. With SR and 1 layer of Spikes, Chansey has 82.4% chance to be 2HKoed. Even without Spikes on your side, you can just keep using Dragon Claw for reasonable damage (35.7 - 42.1%) and wastes its Softboiled as SS fails to break your Subs. Specially-based Mega-Venu is also 2HKOed with Ice Beam with SR and 1 layer of Spikes. Dragon Claw also hits for similar damage as well. If Venu lacks Sludge Bomb you can just hit it till crit happens or it runs out of Synthesis. Furthermore, Rotom-W still can't break your Subs and it is a clean 2HKO with Dragon Claw (~60%). The only thing you lose out on is Heatran, but even then it will take a reasonable chunk of damage thanks to a +216 Atk Fusion Bolt (35.4 - 41.9%).
Then I lose the ability to beat Heatran, which is very important. And I've tried this but I've found Specially Based to be far better for that strong Ice Beam.
How do you deal with Charizard-Y? It can OHKO Thundurus, Aegislash, and Scizor, and can 2HKO and outspeed Clefable, Kyruem-B, and Doexys-D.

Same goes with Charizard-X. It can 2HKO clefable with an unboosted flare blitz, and sweep through the entire rest of the team once at +1.

Both of these pokemon can destroy this team with good prediction.
In all honesty, I let something die and bring in Thundurus for Charizard Y, as it is the only way really. Charizard X, however, is a huge issue. I mainly rely on hazards to help, and Earth Power will do a max of 92%, so after a Moonblast from Clefable, it dies. And 252+ DC will OHKO Kyurem-B 68.8% of the time, so I still have a chance to live. And if I predict correctly, I can either a.) set up a sub or b.) go straight for the Earth Power. I've honestly found far many more Physically Defensive Char-X, which are easier to handle, but all in all, they aren't the most common thing in the world :/.

I have copied your team and started using it and the main problem iv'e had is sableye with the prankster will-o-wisp. I replaced clefable with a physically defensive arcanine and it's working quite well. It even has the ability to stop set-up sweepers with roar here is the set if you havn't heard of it before.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flamethrower
- Roar
The SAtk can also be changed to SDef if needed although arcanine seems to be taking neutral special hits pretty well. Other than that this team is pretty solid
Erm, Sableye is very very uncommon and niche, doesn't really warrant the removal of Clefable who plays a far different role than Arcanine (who sucks anyways)...

First of all, i know you're using defiant Thundy mainly for surprise factor, but Bisharp is just a vastly superior defiant abuser. it has access to STAB sucker punch, easily tearing apart offensive team at +2, as dark is one off the best offensive types in the game atm. Also, Bisharp has a significantly higher attack and can get the +2 on the sticky web switch in. Lastly, Bisharp is easily capable of boosting without swithing in on defog, due to great bulk and swords dance. Bottom line, if you're going to use thundy go special w/ prankster, and if you want to keep a defiant mon on you're team, go with Bisharp.

Hi Chesnaught. It's a very nice team you have here ! I like the idea of Thundurus over Bisharp ( even if I use DeoSharp core... )

I don't have a lot to say but I think I can give you some advices ^^

First, I would prefer running Leftovers over Life Orb on Aegislash. Why ? Because it increases your stay power a lot as King's Shield can allow you to win a free turn of recovery. So I will go with this moveset : Shadow Ball / Shadow Sneak OR Pursuit / Iron Head OR Sacred Sword / King's Shield. I prefer also Sacred Sword over Iron Head as you already have great Steel coverage with Scizor and because Sacred Sword allows you to deal easily with some of Aegi's counters like Tyranitar or Bisharp on the switch if you manage to predict it.

Secondly, if you want a good way to deal with Bisharp who leads against your Deoxys-D, change T-Wave for Superpower. Actually, this move OHKO him and you won't take any damages ( who use Sucker Punch in front a Deoxys... ). But I agree T-Wave can sometimes be very useful... It's your choice.

Hoping I've been useful and good luck for your team !

yo (unaware)quagsire walls defiant thundurus so I would suggest hp grass over u turn. Idon't know why u turn is there as it is just giving you life orb damage while not doing much.

Here's a calc.

0- SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 272-320 (69 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
That's why I have Kyurem-Black:
:]
First of all, i know you're using defiant Thundy mainly for surprise factor, but Bisharp is just a vastly superior defiant abuser. it has access to STAB sucker punch, easily tearing apart offensive team at +2, as dark is one off the best offensive types in the game atm. Also, Bisharp has a significantly higher attack and can get the +2 on the sticky web switch in. Lastly, Bisharp is easily capable of boosting without swithing in on defog, due to great bulk and swords dance. Bottom line, if you're going to use thundy go special w/ prankster, and if you want to keep a defiant mon on you're team, go with Bisharp.
No, they play two different roles. Thundurus has 115 Attack, while Bisharp has 125 Attack, that's just a 10 difference, I wouldn't call that a significant difference. How often do you run into Sticky Web exactly? Maybe one out of every ten battles, which is way too situational. And nobody who is an intelligent player will be using Defog mindlessly against a Bisharp, while nobody would expect the Thundurus, and by now it is one of the best surprise factors, and people haven't adjusted too it, like most people know about EQ Latios, so they don't keep their Heatrans in on them anymore. Bisharp adds an even huger Fire weakness, along with a larger Talonflame weakness. It also is just very redundant with three other Steel-types and I just am not digging it. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm going to keep Thundurus :]

Hi Chesnaught. It's a very nice team you have here ! I like the idea of Thundurus over Bisharp ( even if I use DeoSharp core... )

I don't have a lot to say but I think I can give you some advices ^^

First, I would prefer running Leftovers over Life Orb on Aegislash. Why ? Because it increases your stay power a lot as King's Shield can allow you to win a free turn of recovery. So I will go with this moveset : Shadow Ball / Shadow Sneak OR Pursuit / Iron Head OR Sacred Sword / King's Shield. I prefer also Sacred Sword over Iron Head as you already have great Steel coverage with Scizor and because Sacred Sword allows you to deal easily with some of Aegi's counters like Tyranitar or Bisharp on the switch if you manage to predict it.

Secondly, if you want a good way to deal with Bisharp who leads against your Deoxys-D, change T-Wave for Superpower. Actually, this move OHKO him and you won't take any damages ( who use Sucker Punch in front a Deoxys... ). But I agree T-Wave can sometimes be very useful... It's your choice.

Hoping I've been useful and good luck for your team !
I prefer Life Orb because I don't need sustainability, I need raw power right away and Life Orb provides that, while 150 may seem high, it's lacking without Life Orb. I actually have been thinking about Superpower Deoxys-D, but I've found Thunder Wave so useful, especially against Bisharp's that switch in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)