The Forecasters (An anti-weather team)

This team is designed to capitalize and counter the opposing team's weather, especially Rain. It's also able to effectively counter TR, Sand, and even Hail with the right prediction. Here's the team!

Team At A Glance

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Ferrotorn is my SR setter and also my defnsive lead. I've often surprised teams using Magic Bounce Espeon with a well timed Power Whip or Gyro Ball, preventing Ferrothorn from being a set and switch Pokemon and instead making it an integral part of the team. His 4x weakness serves as a greeat lure for Chandelure's Flash Fire, whie the combination of his massive defenses, Rock Helmet, and Iron Barbs means that the oppnent will often have to think twice about using a Fighting move, or Fire Fang (mostly on Garchomp). It also pairs well with Latios, since Latios is able to sponge an Earthquake from anything except Mold Breaker Haxorus. Along with Scizor, he loves not only the Sand, but also the Rain, seeing as it drops his 4x weakness to an even better 2x.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day

Chandelure is a highly underrated Pokemon, and makes an invaluable addition to this team. It's Timid nature allows it to outspeed many threats that could potentially kill it, and score a K.O. Sunny Day often works well against a defensive lead, like Fortress. Let it throw down some spikes, set up Sunny Day, and fire off boosted Fire Blasts and 1-turn Solarbeams like there's no tommorow. Alternatively, it can also be used late in battle to take away perma-weather after the opposing weather maker is long-gone. Its moderate defenses mean that it can take a hit from most non-offensive Pokemon, and come back for more (For example, a Surf from Jellicent will only bring it to about 20%, after Leftovers). He's also my spinblocker, if the need arises.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite is my mixed attacker/wall. As long as SR is out of the way, he has a free ticket to switch in to anything less than Blizzard/Crit Draco Meteor. In times when Latios fails/is too weak/is too fragile, Dragonite prevails. With a Dragon Dance, it works as an excellent cleaner with Outrage. With ExtremeSpeed, it works as an effective revenge killer. And when BOTH Latios and Chandelure have been lost, Fire Punch deals with pesky Steel types that just don't want to die. Works well in Sun, and doesn't mind the Rain.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect

While not as universally useful as Latios or Ferrothorn, it still makes a good lead when the conditions are right. Not only a great Rapid Spinner, Tentacruel's ability to counter-set entry hazards can lead to interesting mind games with the opponent. Latios's Levitate helps to absorb the many EQ's that come its way, and Protect is a great way to scout for those EQs, as well as buying some Black Sludge/Rain Dish recovery, while also preventing Rapid Spins. Tentacruel loves the Rain, with it boosting not only Scald, but adding to the recovery at the end of each turn. Scald can be used to hit unsuspecting switch ins for a boatload of damage, while also causing ragequits with its 30% burn rate. The burning also helps to break stalls in Tentacruel's favor, because all it has to do is keep attacking until it shows up, and then it's turtles all the way down.

Latios @ Expert Belt
Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Latios is my (almost) dedicated lead, and a great mixed, non-setup sweeper. With it's moveset, it seems like it hits 99.99% of the opponent's Pokemon for super effective damage, and those that aren't are hit for neutral dame. With a timid nature, it's the fastest dragon type unscarfed, and a Dragon pulse is almost guaranteed to OHKO anything short of a Multiscale Dragonite. Leviate couples well with the rest of th team, notably Chandelure, Ferrothorn, and Tentacruel. An unprepared team can be swept by this monster, and it also cripples Smash Pass Gorebyss before it has a chance to come out of its shell. Latios likes the Rain and Sun, and can easily tank an Ice Beam from Politoed of an Ice Shard from Mamoswine. It also works until the dying breath, with Toxic and Burn being conditions it can simply brush off.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Finally, we come to Scizor, my main revenge killer and an effective ceaner. Bullet Punch is often the move of choice, followed by U-Turn and Superpower, and Pursuit filling a niche when a switch can be predicted. This little red bug loves the Rain, although it abhors the Sun. It pairs well with Chandelure, not only giving Chandelure a great FF boost, but also allowing Scizor to select a new move and get rid of Superpower drops.

Closing: Thanks for reading! Outside of misprediciton issues, there are only a few problems I've had with this team: Hurricane Thundurus and Stored Power Espeon. Thundurus is the entire reason Sunny Day is on Chandy, because Hurricane has the potential to rip through the entire team, if it's unchecked. Espeon is less of a problem, but if the opposing team is allowed to setup without being checked, there's almost nothing that can be done about it. On a team like that, Latios is the go-to lead, since it can kill the often-fragile baton passers before they have a chance to become a threat.

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect

Hi,

This is a solid team, at least i can see no glaring weakness, but there are some things that can be tweaked.

Since Spinnig is vital part of your team to help your Dragonite and Chandlure, I recommend you replace your current Tentacruel set with the SubToxic set. This makes it easy for you to outstall Jellicent aka OU's best spin blocker. You will lose Toxic Spikes but your team is too offensive to really make good use of them anyways. I also recommend putting Substitute on your Chandlure, because without it can be revenge killed very easily and is prone to trapping. Because you will lose Sunny Day this way you will have to use Energy Ball. You should put some form of recovery on Ferrothorn. Without it, it will be worn down quickly, so either replace a move with Leech Seed or put Leftovers on it. I suggest running Draco Meteor on Latios as it will ease wal breaking for you. Lastly you should replace Leftovers with Lum Berry on your Dragonite. This enables you to get rid of annoying burns and lets you set up a Dragon Dance on Water type without worrying about Scald.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Substitute
- Toxic

Tentacruel -> SubToxic set
Substitute on Chandelure
Lum Berry on Dragonite
Draco Meteor on Latios
Leech Seed/Leftovers on Ferrothron

Mosquiton

Tette
Hi there! very nice team here!

There is not much to say about this team, is pretty solid and have a nice build.
I can only think of a change and a few touch-up here and there.
I notice that your team is weak to DDnite if it has the scale active because you haven't a good counter for him, if he boost his speed can outspeed all your team and thanks of his standard set can hit all your team 'cause Ferro and Scizor are OHKIng by Fire Punch (in this team there isn't rain), Chandelure, Tentacruel, latios and Dragonite take a big damage by outrage so i want advice you a good change for solve this problem.
I'm talking about Heatran.
Heatran is a great pokémon thanks to its typing proved to be a good check for Dragonite absorbing fire punch and taking half damage from ExtreemeSpeed and ​​Outrage then you have the option of revengekill it thanks to HP Ice.
Heatran > Chandelure undo one of your two weaknesses to pursuit 'cause Tyranitar are being able to take Latios' and Chandelure's hits and pursuit them makeing a direct OHKO.
Another reason 'cause Heatran in this team is better than Chandelure is that you are too dependent from Tentacruel 'cause StealthRocks are very dangerous for Chande but also for Dnite so you have to conservate Cruel for guaranteed Nite's Sweep so you're not forced to have to spinning always.
Furthermore, you yourself are a little weak in the other Heatran: with coverage Earth-Fire-Ice all your team, so it's good to give Air Baloon in him to being immune to ground move and use you too earthpower on the opponent's heatran.
The set is the standard: Timid for outspeeding CB Dragonite, Coverage Fire-Earth-Ice to hit the greater part of threats and finally stealth rock, so you can free Ferrothorn's slot and put ThunderWave that will certainly come in handy 'cause you haven't scarfers, then paralyze opponents Pokémon will allow you to revengekill them much better.
At this point you should change the set of latios in the OrbRecover.
Whit this set you gain so more power thanks to LifeOrb and he'll increase drastically the staying power 'cause recover can restore life but also the recoil from LOrb, the set is standard: DracoMeteor is the main stab dragon, surf to hit Heatran x2 and make a neutral damage aganist the other steel type except Ferrothorn, while Psyshock is there to hit Keldeo, Amoonguss and Terrakion in the sand because with special defense increasing you can't make a direct OHKO with surf.
Last thing that i want advice is to give lum berry on Dragonite, in this way you will avoid the status moves that can decrease drastically your staying power but also heal the confusion generated by outrage.

Sets:
>Heatran over Chandelure
>LumBerry @DNite
>OrbRecover set @Latios
>ThunderWaver over StealthRock @Ferrothorn

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Surf
- Psyshock

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hmm... I'll definitely try SubToxic Tentacruel, and I think I'll probably replace Solarbeam with Energy Ball (Ease of use). Chandlure is really too fragile to use Substitute effectively. It's often in for a few turns to absorb the Fire attack, and may be out 1-2 turns after, depending. Leech Seed on Ferrothorn may be something I'll have to try, but the Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs combo is too good to pass up. Draco Meteor would remove some of Latios's capability as a mixed lead, so I think I'll pass on that (There's not much that can effectively wall it outside of Blissey and Cresselia (Who really only appears in doubles), and for that I'd just switch to Scizor). I'll have to think about Lum berry, but I have a feeling that the Leftovers recovery will be too good to pass up (IIRC, it will re-set Multiscale if it gets back to full HP).

Mosquiton- I'll definetly have to try Heatran over Chandelure, especially since they're almost the same. You're the second person to suggest Lum on DNite, so that will be thrown into the pot of things to try. As for t-wave on Ferrothorn, I'm not entirely sure on. It would be a good way to mess with certain faster offensive threats, but I haven't really found a need for it when playing. OrbRecover would be interesting to test out on Latios- though it removes some of his coverage, the offensive power boost could be lovely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)