The "GOAT of all GOATS" Discussion needs to stop.

SupremeFashion

Banned deucer.
Every day, I see the same thing.

On Reddit, people proclaim that Tom Brady is the GOAT of all GOATS because he won seven superbowls.
On ESPN, I see Stephen A. Smith proclaim that Michael Jordan is the greatest because of his six Championships and "clutchness."
On Twitter, people will say Serena Williams is the best sports player ever because she won whilst pregnant.

I am here to tell you all, stop having this discussion.

Debating who the "GOAT" of a sport is, is already a pathetic endeavor in itself. Arguing about someone else's accomplishments against others accomplishes nothing. These player's history on the sports field is (in many cases) already done. At some point in your life, you need to work on becoming a GOAT in your own field. Every second being invested in discussing who the "GOAT" of a particular sport is, is already a waste of time towards this goal.

So you have a silly, stupid, pointless discussion such as "Who is the GOAT? Lebron or Jordan?" And you make it even stupider by bringing in completely unrelated individuals from different backgrounds, different upbringings, different sports and trying to compare how one is better than the other based on metals and rings.

There is nothing to compare here. If you think Serena Williams can be compared to Michael Jordan, you are a fool and need to start from step one.

Whatever you said is 100% true - too bad you will get laugh reacted. Smogon is so stupid they just ban everything and it leads to a domino effect of bans that basically leads them to a metagame that resembles basically the previous gen. Now they have to ban tornadus-t because they banned magearna, which had to be banned because they banned cinderace, which had to be banned because they banned duggy, which had to be banned because they banned darm, which had to be banned because they banned dynamax. The domino effect goes on. Theres a reason why not everyone can be a genius, 80% of people are mindless NPCs - the popular opinion is always wrong.

80 iq and 150 iq understand this.

SupremeFashion

Banned deucer.
Whatever you said is 100% true - too bad you will get laugh reacted. Smogon is so stupid they just ban everything and it leads to a domino effect of bans that basically leads them to a metagame that resembles basically the previous gen. Now they have to ban tornadus-t because they banned magearna, which had to be banned because they banned cinderace, which had to be banned because they banned duggy, which had to be banned because they banned darm, which had to be banned because they banned dynamax. The domino effect goes on. Theres a reason why not everyone can be a genius, 80% of people are mindless NPCs - the popular opinion is always wrong.

80 iq and 150 iq understand this.
You’re on the right path but you come to the wrong conclusions. I appreciate this post.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
You’re on the right path but you come to the wrong conclusions. I appreciate this post.
I just wanted to tell you that I think you’re 100% right that the top 100 ladderers should decide the meta game and you should play bo3s against all these unviable tournament players to show that you really know what’s up :swole: solidarity

• Haha
Reactions: db

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
the goat of tennis is serena...
if we're talking about skill relative to competition, serena's def a top 3 pick, but look at this

from wikipedia
nobody in tennis comes anywhere near the same recognition that federer does, and for the time being he's still part of the big 3 (though he's slowly being phased out :blobsad: ). in terms of skill and recognition, nobody comes close to the goat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)