The Good Old DaysHave you missed breaking down teams with unstoppable Boltbeam coverage? Have you longed for the days where you could just sleep your opponents before they got of an attack? Or maybe you just disagree with some tiering decisions made by the council. If so, this is the tour for you; everything legal at the start of the generation may be used.
- This is exclusively an SuMo Mix and Mega tournament.
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Best of 3 | Single Elimination
- Battles should take place on the Rom (Random Other Metagames) servers.
- Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
- Endless Battle Clause; Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
- A Pokémon may not carry RRecycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Shore Up, Synthesis, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.
- Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
- OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
- Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
- Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
- Pokémon may be up to level 100.
- Swagger Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Swagger in its moveset.
- Mega Rayquaza Clause: The Player cannot Mega Evolve Rayquaza
Mix and Mega Rules:
- Mix-and-Mega is an Ubers-based metagame that allows you to use any Mega Stone (or Orb) on any fully-evolved Pokémon
- When that Pokémon then Mega Evolves or undergoes Primal Reversion, it undergoes the same stat modifications that the original user of that Mega Stone/Orb does, along with its ability and any type changes that the Mega Evolved/Primal Reversion form has compared to the base species.
- You may Mega Evolve any number of Pokemon on the same team
- If you use Red/Blue Orb, the transformation occurs instantly upon switch-in
- If you use a Mega Stone or Orb that gives you a secondary typing that's the same as your primary typing, you no longer have a secondary typing (ie: Red Orb Charizard)
- A Mega Stone or Orb cannot in any way removed from its holder if the holder can Mega Evolve/Primal Revert with it, regardless of whether the holder is the "correct" species or not
- If a Pokémon with multiple Formes that it can change between mid-battle Mega Evolves, it is locked into a Mega based on that Forme. (ie: Meloetta)
- Transform/Imposter, Protean, and Color Change are not Forme changes
- General Bans: Baton Pass. Baton Pass may not be used at all
- Banned stones: Beedrillite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Medichamite. Pokemon cannot Mega Evolve using these stones unless they naturally do so (ie Gengar with Gengarite)
- The following Pokemon can't Mega Evolve using non-native stones: Arceus, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-N, Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Slaking, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, and Zygarde in conjunction with Power Construct. Unless they have a stone of their own (Such as Kyogre or Groudon) they may not Mega Evolve at all.
- List of Unbans: Blazikenite, Darkrai, Dragonite, Electrify, Kyurem-B, Pheromosa, Regigigas, Shaymin-S
- Note: Despite not being available at the start of gen 7, Gen 7 move changes are fine for this metagame. I don't expect you to remember and hunt down every moveset change to figure out what is and isnt allowed, nor do I expect you to automatically remember without that.
Rounds will last one week apiece. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided by coin flips.
E: Since apparently it isn't clear, marshadow is not legal due to being unreleased at the start of gen 7